The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I wasn't at the meeting as I was watching the U16s against Alloa and football always takes priority for me. 

However, my assumption is that the club will get the FSS money anyway, but by selling the small number of available shares elsewhere they bring in additional revenue that otherwise wouldn't have been available to them. Extra money which helped them sign a player this week. 

Is that assumption wrong? If not, then apart from the fact that it put some noses out of joint for a while, it would seem to be a prudent move. 

That was the assumption that the club made too, that FSS agreed to.

Would have been ok with it, if we were asked and the majority agreed to hand over the money for no shares, but that never happened so unfortunately I’m out. There’s simply no democratic process when members aren’t consulted first. 

Anyway enough said, onwards to Edinburgh and another hopefully a third win on the bounce. 

55 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Don't know why but got a slight concern over dropping points today. Edinburgh surely have to pick up something eventually and it would be just our luck if it was today. 

I think this is a test of our strength & character today. As you say, when a team normally needs points…here comes Falkirk. But this feels a little different this year 👀🤞🏼

I'm on a dismal run in terms of being able to make the games, but just like the last two, get the ball moving and keep it moving. Edinburgh will wilt like Stirling and Alloa did as long as we keep doing that. Whoever comes in for Miller needs a performance to stake their claim. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

That was the assumption that the club made too, that FSS agreed to.

Would have been ok with it, if we were asked and the majority agreed to hand over the money for no shares, but that never happened so unfortunately I’m out. There’s simply no democratic process when members aren’t consulted first. 

Anyway enough said, onwards to Edinburgh and another hopefully a third win on the bounce. 

I'm of the same opinion.

I've made my feelings known on several posts on here re the FSS share issue.

The FSS has effectively been taken over by Falkirk Forever. I'm out as well !

As an aside, COYB and lets get 3 points

I've not seen anything yet that makes me want to stop putting my cash into FSS and then the club. At the end of the day the club relies on FSS cash to keep going at the moment and give the manager a competitive budget so I wouldn't want to endanger that.  My biggest concern is that the bod is going to end up being the same reps for years with either noone wanting to do it or one group or another constantly appointing the same individuals. I think it's important we have fresh faces in there regularly.

43 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I've not seen anything yet that makes me want to stop putting my cash into FSS and then the club. At the end of the day the club relies on FSS cash to keep going at the moment and give the manager a competitive budget so I wouldn't want to endanger that.  My biggest concern is that the bod is going to end up being the same reps for years with either noone wanting to do it or one group or another constantly appointing the same individuals. I think it's important we have fresh faces in there regularly.

Compared to previous Boards, this one is like night and day. I have the utmost respect for them and what they have done.

However, on this aspect with the 25%+1 share issue and the FSS I think they have got it wrong. It may not be everyones opinion, but its mine.

After last nights meeting, I have more of an issue with Board of the FSS as they have let this happen. They could have insisted on getting the shares or refuse to hand over the cash that is in the bank. Plus, donations to the club without any recourse to what happens to the fans cash is just what Falkirk Forever was designed to do. To me it's not the FSS anymore, it's Falkirk Forever.

I'll still be paying my cash in , but by other means.

Edited by Zbairn

28 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Compared to previous Boards, this one is like night and day. I have the utmost respect for them and what they have done.

However, on this aspect with the 25%+1 share issue and the FSS I think they have got it wrong. It may not be everyones opinion, but its mine.

After last nights meeting, I have more of an issue with Board of the FSS as they have let this happen. They could have insisted on getting the shares or refuse to hand over the cash that is in the bank. Plus, donations to the club without any recourse to what happens to the fans cash is just what Falkirk Forever was designed to do. To me it's not the FSS anymore, it's Falkirk Forever.

I'll still be paying my cash in , but by other means.

Is that not what happens at every other fan based club though? I mean do hearts, Motherwell, at mirren etcs fans decide what happens with their money when it gets invested by their groups? I presumed it just went to keeping the club running.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is that not what happens at every other fan based club though? I mean do hearts, Motherwell, at mirren etcs fans decide what happens with their money when it gets invested by their groups? I presumed it just went to keeping the club running.

It is but there’s a minority of usefully used idiots that can’t admit when they were wrong. Ignore or don’t respond on this subject is my suggestion. It does not deserve any more air, let’s move on. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Thanks Harry. That summary looks a good news story to me. Swinney continueing to tell the Club’s true story in cash numbers. FSS reaching 25% should put it to bed and the Club will be the better for it, a new era indeed 👏🏻 The focus for me, thereafter, should turn to football and should the generous FSS subs also be diverted towards the playing budget, I reckon the Club’s position (taken as a whole) stands in good stead for the future.

All well and good but saying the money will go to a certain aspect of the budget is meaningless. The club will say thank you and just move money out of that budget to the deficit with no significant boost to the playing budget. I am not saying this is wrong (although I am adamant as I said last night that the money should be an interest free loan with it ONLY repaid in the form of shares if the club issues more shares so the FSS percentage is protected as much as possible).

I will continue to support FSS but they are not independent enough from the Board at the moment and they lack ideas or leadership. We all want the same thing but let's not see FSS as only a way or raising money - it has to represent supporters voices too - and while we are doing well people are mostly happy but when things do go wrong a strong FSS will be needed.  It has to be a trade union for fans.

Edit: .... and without that independence we might as well just give up and give the failed Falkirk Forever idea the money and let the Board do what they want. I support this Board and will continue to do so but they have made mistakes and they need to realise the fans alone will not solve the 400,000 deficit. FSS will get 1,000 to 1,200 at most which will be £100,000 a year after loan repayment - that is not enough.  If it is a three legged stool then the other two legs have to help solve that problem too. 

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

... My biggest concern is that the bod is going to end up being the same reps for years with either noone wanting to do it or one group or another constantly appointing the same individuals. I think it's important we have fresh faces in there regularly.

I'd suggested to van damage before when the initial FSS membership drive was on that promoting what the FSS at board level do and have done could have helped with membership.

I still think that's the case amongst other things.

I've gleaned from announcements via the club what reps like Doug Moodie or John Wright have done to their credit but for the ordinary fan the headline is funding the budget, which for some, they already do through ST, strips and hospitality. 

In those circumstances I agree with @Zbairn that the FSS just looks like FF.

31 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It is but there’s a minority of usefully used idiots that can’t admit when they were wrong. Ignore or don’t respond on this subject is my suggestion. It does not deserve any more air, let’s move on. 

"Usefully used idiots" ; "Can't admit when they are wrong" ..... Do you want to elaborate who the idiots are and why they are wrong? 

"move on" .....Trying to stifle debate and discussion ? 

Rather be thought of as a useful idiot and facilitate a discussion about the governance of the FSS/club, than be a Board sycophant.

Edited by Zbairn

14 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

"Usefully used idiots" ; "Can't admit when they are wrong" ..... Do you want to elaborate who the idiots are and why they are wrong? 

"move on" .....Trying to stifle debate and discussion ? 

Rather be thought of as a useful idiot and facilitate a discussion about the governance of the FSS/club, than be a Board sycophant.

Or maybe I just agree with the decisions taken rather than being a sycophant? 20k new investment, FFS gets the 25% , both club BOD and FSS committee seem united and happy with the outcome but you think I should be in some way outraged because 3 people on here are still flapping creating grievances that nobody else seems to agree with? …….Go to the game today , get a beer(I’ll buy you one) and chill out! More than happy to discuss this in person but I think it’s had its day on this platform now. Accept it and move on. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

From what I heard last night, the only mistake I think the board and FSS board have made is not being a bit more up front with the members.

The board knew they were getting the money from the FSS and wanted extra money by way of selling the remaining shares to the Patrons group. As Keith Gourley said last night this allowed them to give the manager more money to get a RB in and they have worked with the FSS to get us the shares we needed to reach the 25%.

If they had communicated it better and explained the reasoning we might not be having this debate. I know it’s not everyone’s opinion but I see us as one anyway, the board are all fans, patrons and members of the FSS so we all need honesty and to be pulling in the same direction for the good of the club. If members want to stop their subscription that is their right.

Lets now draw a line under this and back the team going forward.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

58 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Usefully used idiots?

Not sure what that means but as someone who accuses people for being divisive I don’t think labelling myself and others, including one of your fellow patrons, an idiot is reflective of the ‘let’s pull together’ mantra that is put out.

People are allowed to have different opinions but I’ve never called you an idiot, lunatic or moon howler, as you have done to me, even if you’ve accused me of things that were untrue

I personally will also admit when I’m wrong but I’ve aired exactly what my main issue was and that never changed. 

What’s done is done but let’s not make it nasty. Know you for far too long to fall out over something that in the grand scheme of things is totally trivial.

Edited by Van_damage

7 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Usefully used idiots?

Not sure what that means but as someone who accuses people for being divisive I don’t think labelling myself and others, inclusion one of your fellow patrons an idiot is reflective of the ‘let’s pull together’ mantra that is put out.

People are allowed to have different opinions but I’ve never called you an idiot, lunatic or moon howler, as you have done to me, even if you’ve accused me of things that were untrue

I personally will also admit when I’m wrong but I’ve aired exactly what my main issue was and that never changed. 

What’s done is done but let’s not make it nasty. Know you for far too long to fall out over something that in the grand scheme of things is totally trivial.

You’re correct actually, I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong and that part was divisive and insulting so my apologies. I will edit it. However the rest I stick by………. See you at the game x

Edited by LatapyBairn.