The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I'll say this again: there is NO CHANCE that FSS will go beyond 1,200 and probably not even that number. A very large percentage of the support feel that by paying to see games and buying merchandise they are doing what they should do as supporters ie customers. The deficit cannot be paid for simply by continually asking supporters for more money. I support this Board and FSS but the former need to stop throwing made up figures around and the latter  needs to seriously consider how they have given up their independence from the club and that joining Total Tickets might have technically breached the agreement with the Scottish Government in that the FSS money is contractually to be kept separate from that of the clubs finances even if it is eventually donated to them.. I'll get shit for this but I have been consistent in this view for months and I still believe any future money going to the club should be in a form of an interest free loan only to be repaid in the form of shares should there be another share issue. I'll disappear again now and enjoy the fact we are winning games (but when we don't that's when all this will matter). 

What figures are being made up? That would be interesting to know if they are lying to the fans then you should tell us 

Since starting paying my FSS membership two years ago annual inflation has been 2.6%, 9.1% and for 2023 is estimated to be 7% or thereabouts. So, my initial monthly contribution of £10 is effectively down to an approximate equivalent of £8.30, (apologies if my maths is wrong but you get the idea). I'll be setting up a standing order for future payments and will increase it to counter the effect of inflation plus a bit extra for good luck.

However it got me wondering, should the FSS be looking to increase the minimum monthly fee in line with inflation every year?

This was probably not an issue when funds were being used to purchase shares in the Club but now that funds are going straight into the playing budget no doubt players will be looking for an increase in their weekly wage to counter the effects of inflation. Will doing nothing and keeping the minimum at £10 mean that over time the FSS contributions will diminish in real terms and take up a smaller and smaller part of the budget? If so will the relationship between FSS and the Club change?  

25 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

So what is the answer? As it is fan ownership without more contributing is not going to work. 

Not going to work .
We’re at less than 800 members now contributing 25% of the required shortfall. Unfortunately and disappointingly it doesn’t look the club will get anywhere near the numbers.

So what’s the answer.                           I’ve assumed that the so called group of local business people (Navy Blue I recall) around the Deans fiasco who reportedly (allegedly) had large funding in place have either backed the club under the Patrons group, or are these guys still around? If so can’t they be approached? 
The fear for me and would assume most others that after five years down in the third tier of Scottish football, we’re looking forward to every game, confidence that the team are one unit, the team looks better than anything we’ve assembled down here, and in general it’s good place to be. If we keep anywhere near the form promotion want be far away.

We have known about the repeating -400K each season, but when you get the manager publicly stating about players in little as 11 weeks signing pre-contracts elsewhere, and players like Lang & Spencer moving out in the summer, that’s far more worrying. So are the BOD going to let this happen? 
Surely not….. but guess the get out of jail card will be that the fans didn’t back the club?

For me and in view of the position we are in, go cap in hand to the guys in the old MSG. They are all supporters and have funds/loans that could help get us through one season and hopefully promotion.
Pt time / Hybrid - another decade down here…

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not going to work .
We’re at less than 800 members now contributing 25% of the required shortfall. Unfortunately and disappointingly it doesn’t look the club will get anywhere near the numbers.

So what’s the answer.                           I’ve assumed that the so called group of local business people (Navy Blue I recall) around the Deans fiasco who reportedly (allegedly) had large funding in place have either backed the club under the Patrons group, or are these guys still around? If so can’t they be approached? 
The fear for me and would assume most others that after five years down in the third tier of Scottish football, we’re looking forward to every game, confidence that the team are one unit, the team looks better than anything we’ve assembled down here, and in general it’s good place to be. If we keep anywhere near the form promotion want be far away.

We have known about the repeating -400K each season, but when you get the manager publicly stating about players in little as 11 weeks signing pre-contracts elsewhere, and players like Lang & Spencer moving out in the summer, that’s far more worrying. So are the BOD going to let this happen? 
Surely not….. but guess the get out of jail card will be that the fans didn’t back the club?

For me and in view of the position we are in, go cap in hand to the guys in the old MSG. They are all supporters and have funds/loans that could help get us through one season and hopefully promotion.

I’ve missed this, where did Mcglynn state that? Which players are signing pre contracts elsewhere?

22 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I’ve missed this, where did Mcglynn state that? Which players are signing pre contracts elsewhere?

"At the AGM on Thursday 5 October we heard that the club now finds itself in a position where there can be no forward planning until an appetite for fan ownership, and a desire for fan-led funding, is known. Despite our strong start to the season, John McGlynn finds himself in a frustrating position. He desperately wants to start looking towards the future with this squad, whether it is in the January transfer window or holding on to those out of contract, but the club cannot give an indication on whether they will remain full-time."

24 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

No-one yet, but he said that some players are free to do so in January. 

I'm paraphrasing slightly here, but it was along the lines of: 

"I know Cal Morrison's agent and he's not talking to me, so I'm sure he's out there talking to someone else. And at the moment I can't offer him anything so why wouldn't he?" 

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not going to work .

We chased the old msg. If memory serves me correctly we were all asked after the kenny Rodger’s tribute act tried to buy us, our opinion on fan ownership and it was overwhelmingly in favour of. 

I don’t know about lang and Spencer - but cal and Leon (whose contracts expire at the end of the season) will be able to sign pre contracts in jan. 

1 hour ago, Ryan-FFC said:

We chased the old msg. If memory serves me correctly we were all asked after the kenny Rodger’s tribute act tried to buy us, our opinion on fan ownership and it was overwhelmingly in favour of. 

I don’t know about lang and Spencer - but cal and Leon (whose contracts expire at the end of the season) will be able to sign pre contracts in jan. 

For guys who are out of contract, unless they get an offer from the Premiership or possibly Dundee United, surely we are still more appealing than the dross in the Championship. This is of course based on us looking likely to go up come January.

I think Cal Morrison will be away regardless of what happens tbf. He’s been with us for 4 seasons now? He might just want a new challenge.  He’s our highest earner and will want even more if we go up which the board and Mcglynn might not find feasible even in the championship. Coupled with the fact he’ll probably find a club that could offer him more anyway. I have no ill-feelings if he does decide to leave I just hope it’s not a pre contract agreement in January. He’s a very very good player but even his biggest fans would probably agree they’ll be question marks over whether he could do it in the championship. However, I have heard rumours in the past that he might not pass a medical at a different club - something to do with his knee I think? 

Edited by Big chungus

6 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I think Cal Morrison will be away regardless of what happens tbf. He’s been with us for 4 seasons now? He might just want a new challenge.  He’s our highest earner and will want even more if we go up which the board and Mcglynn might not find feasible even in the championship. Coupled with the fact he’ll probably find a club that could offer him more anyway. I have no ill-feelings if he does decide to leave I just hope it’s not a pre contract agreement in January. He’s a very very good player but even his biggest fans would probably agree they’ll be question marks over whether he could do it in the championship. However, I have heard rumours in the past that he might not pass a medical at a different club - something to do with his knee I think? 

The club paid for his op/rehab last season, which was carried out down south. The outcome was excellent but think the caveat was any further injury would greatly impact his ability to sustain any fitness/ability to play at a senior level.

Just now, Springfield said:

The club paid for his op/rehab last season, which was carried out down south. The outcome was excellent but think the caveat was any further injury would greatly impact his ability to sustain any fitness/ability to play at a senior level.

He has remained relatively injury free since then. In first couple of seasons he always seemed to get an injury that would keep him out for at least a couple of months. I do wonder then if the rumours about him not passing a medical is true then. I suppose most clubs would still take the risk on a 2 year deal considering they wouldn’t have to pay a fee.

36 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Good win yesterday, have to say lawal looked good in the highlights, seems to be getting stronger and did well to win the penalty. I initially wasn't convinced by him so good to see him improving. 

Agreed. I think it was the interview after the Hamilton game Mcglynn said something that gave me the feeling that he dosent really trust the subs but I think some of the fringe players (lawal, Bisland Allan) deserve much more of a chance than they are getting. Albeit it was a meaningless game I think we have more depth than maybe Mcglynn himself perhaps realises.

On 15/10/2023 at 05:18, JulioBairn said:

Good luck to the kid. We’ve all got your back 💪🏼

IMG_9917.jpeg

This gladdens my heart. Not just that the lad has come through tough times to make his senior debut but also that we are now seeing academy players start to break into the first team again. 

It feels like we are getting a big part of our identity back after Campbell & Lang destroyed it overnight one Christmas.

Well done everyone involved in running FFC now.  

The challenge cup never used to take  precedence over league games apart from the final and never should but it's obvious that Doncaster's idiotic introduction of sides from Wales and Ireland means fixtures now gave to be played on a weekend. Absolute nonsense.