The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's correct I believe.  I've heard from a pretty reliable source that the club started conversations a few years ago with SA about 'coming to an arrangement' to end the rental payments but these conversations were put on ice when the FSS/Patrons guys took over.

Dude, last night you were claiming no connection to the previous board, now you have a "reliable source" from the previous board.......I've taken a screenshot because you're making this up as you go along. 

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 19.40.41.png

You wonder why it's a rental deal and not simply us paying him off seems bit silly to have agreed the latter. If he's leaving it to us in his will does that mean FSS would be better using some of its cash to hire a hitman?😂

Edited by Shodwall cat

8 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Dude, last night you were claiming no connection to the previous board, now you have a "reliable source" from the previous board.......I've taken a screenshot because you're making this up as you go along. 

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 19.40.41.png

Where does it say my reliable source was a member of the previous board? Reading comprehension ain’t your thing clearly dude.

As I said to your mates (the same three that red dot me) if you don’t believe me then ask the Board. I’m sure you have their number.

AJ1981 is typing….this’ll be fun!

1 minute ago, RC_Bairn said:

Where does it say my reliable source was a member of the previous board? Reading comprehension ain’t your thing clearly dude.

As I said to your mates (the same three that red dot me) if you don’t believe me then ask the Board. I’m sure you have their number.

AJ1981 is typing….this’ll be fun!

I have your number dude that's all that matters.

20 minutes ago, StuartA said:

All the pissiness about this regime or that regime is really draining and fucking immature. Falkirk fans have created something that has never existed before in FSS and today’s benchmark is a reminder of that.

If we’re to succeed, we need to move away from the tar-and-feather approach to predecessors, even if they didn’t succeed (though as long as they weren’t shysters). That has to start now by ending this “last board” pish. 

Our club is starting to succeed after just about dying a year ago. Not everyone agrees with the detail, but the direction is what counts. 

👏🏻

24 minutes ago, StuartA said:

All the pissiness about this regime or that regime is really draining and fucking immature. Falkirk fans have created something that has never existed before in FSS and today’s benchmark is a reminder of that.

If we’re to succeed, we need to move away from the tar-and-feather approach to predecessors, even if they didn’t succeed (though as long as they weren’t shysters). That has to start now by ending this “last board” pish. 

Our club is starting to succeed after just about dying a year ago. Not everyone agrees with the detail, but the direction is what counts. 

Does taking the club to the brink of extinction and the Inchyra dumpster fire qualify as shysters - asking for a friend?

Edited by AJ1981

2 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Does taking the club three months away from extinction and the Inchyra dumpster fire qualify as shysters - asking for a friend?

A lot of it is about good faith. I don’t believe the last board lacked that, irrespective of the outcomes they achieved.  There are, however, several individuals who were around the club before, then and after whose integrity could be questioned  

The Inchyra dumpster fire was just unprofessional. Two mistakes - the lines they made Gordon C read out, and the decision to publish the video. 

But that’s behind us. Fannyfarting about that, when the bigger picture was massive on-field decline, misses the point. 

What hasn't been mentioned is the hundreds of thousands we received each season from the sale of players from our golden age of youth players and also clever add on clauses which produced significant revenue ongoing. 

The legacy of THAT decision by you know who is that this cash injection each year has petered out and completely disappeared as we were stuck with journey men with no sell on value. 

I know I keep banging on about it but it was the biggest single act of vandalism on our club in our history and we are now feeling the real effects of it. 

You just have to look at what Hamilton have pulled in recently to see the money we are missing out on. Hopefully we are on the rod back to bringing in decent sums of money on the youth we are now once again investing in. 

5 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but isn't the Falkirk badge based on the Grahamston Church on Bute Street, rather than the Steeple in the town?

Also seen two conflicting stories that it was either John Prentice or Willie McFarlane that created the original drawing

https://falkirkfootballheritagetrust.wordpress.com/falkirk-football-club-badges/#:~:text=The design is,make an appearance.

https://bettermeddle.org.uk/museum/crests4.php#:~:text=The design is a simple one - a silhouette of the town steeple superimposed upon a football. It is said that club secretary%2C Willie McFarlane%2C used a sixpence as a template to draw the circle of the football.

It looks like you could see the church from the main stand 

image.thumb.png.cc05988e04949c5d0e6e0e2d761539ef.png

image.thumb.png.4da1060d348c001d53c52e677f5a5e53.png

image.thumb.png.0157bd6c8a50faad9a1078d516ee7f4b.png

Could that be the church featured on the programme from the 60s?

Interesting! The Grahamston church certainly looks more like the image on the badge. Also I had never seen the shed side of the ground without a roof before!

2 hours ago, tokyo bairn said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but isn't the Falkirk badge based on the Grahamston Church on Bute Street, rather than the Steeple in the town?

2 hours ago, tokyo bairn said:

Interesting! The Grahamston church certainly looks more like the image on the badge

@superandy_07 you are correct.

The idea of it being the Steeple unfortunately perpetuated with the old, now gone, sign outside the stadium shop exhalting fans to "wear the Steeple with pride".

I'm sure historians Michael White/Ian Scott have an article online explaining where the badge originated.