The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1w586J7Hifg2ApLt6?g_st=ic

Had a look at Google Maps and as @Blame Me said the tower at the front is in a sad state as are the items within it. 

Is sad too as that factory was of huge significance to World history, let alone Falkirk history. The cannons were used in many wars across the World and as I said, exist in many museums. Seen them in Canada and Hong Kong. Should be a big centre of interest but unfortunately little of the original Iron Works remain and of what there is, is crumbling. 

Where abouts in the States do you live, if you mind me asking?

Dallas-Fort Worth area…history here is generally mid-1800’s at most, the pictures I show people now and then of older structures blow their minds.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Dallas-Fort Worth area…history here is generally mid-1800’s at most, the pictures I show people now and then of older structures blow their minds.

Was there during the Summer. Nice city. The A T&T stadium is awesome too. They’re holding the final of the next World Cup there so should be an amazing time for you, in a couple of years. 

16 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Was there during the Summer. Nice city. The A T&T stadium is awesome too. They’re holding the final of the next World Cup there so should be an amazing time for you, in a couple of years. 

It’ll be over-priced, over-heated and over-hyped. There is literally no mass transit that serves AT&T Stadium (aka JerryWorld or the DeathStar), and Arlington itself is the largest U.S. city without mass transit. If a European team makes the final, the fans will be collapsing from heat stroke all over, the South American fans will do better. July is the hottest month in this area, long-term average highs of 35-36C all month, with the proposed final date of July 19th having highs between 25 (very rare) and 43 (rare), with the last 10 years highs that day being 8 of 10 above 35.

It’ll be a spectacle alright, cause Dallas-Fort Worth isn’t really a touristy place, so the few things like Southfork, Dealey Plaza, Billy Bob’s and the Stockyards will be heaving. The smart fans might realize that between the two cities, there’s some really good museums, which are also indoors/air conditioned.

P.S. Glad you enjoyed it, there’s a decent amount to do/see if you exit the tourist trap stuff.

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’ll be over-priced, over-heated and over-hyped. There is literally no mass transit that serves AT&T Stadium (aka JerryWorld or the DeathStar), and Arlington itself is the largest U.S. city without mass transit. If a European team makes the final, the fans will be collapsing from heat stroke all over, the South American fans will do better. July is the hottest month in this area, long-term average highs of 35-36C all month, with the proposed final date of July 19th having highs between 25 (very rare) and 43 (rare), with the last 10 years highs that day being 8 of 10 above 35.

It’ll be a spectacle alright, cause Dallas-Fort Worth isn’t really a touristy place, so the few things like Southfork, Dealey Plaza, Billy Bob’s and the Stockyards will be heaving. The smart fans might realize that between the two cities, there’s some really good museums, which are also indoors/air conditioned.

P.S. Glad you enjoyed it, there’s a decent amount to do/see if you exit the tourist trap stuff.

We stayed out near the A T&T which as you say didn’t have much transport. Did have to go to Wild Bills and the Book Depository but went to the East side which was really cool. 

Know what you mean with the heat too as was there in July! 

The stadium is unreal. Was there for Mexico vs Panama. Pitch wasn’t amazing when I was there and odd to have movable goals in a competitive match but the facilities in it are second to none though. That Jumbotron is about the size of the pitch too. 

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Great signing for RR. Could be the difference in getting the auto promotion slot. 

He's flattered to decieve a bit since he left rangers to be honest. Hasn't really kicked on much at all. Best spell was at Patrick but even then 16 in 45 apps is nothing special for the championship. Record at Dundee and latterly at st Johnstone has been pretty poor. Don't get me wrong I'd have taken him for league one as he's most definitely a cut above but I'm not sure he's the star striker some folk on here seem to think he is.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's flattered to decieve a bit since he left rangers to be honest. Hasn't really kicked on much at all. Best spell was at Patrick but even then 16 in 45 apps is nothing special for the championship. Record at Dundee and latterly at st Johnstone has been pretty poor. Don't get me wrong I'd have taken him for league one as he's most definitely a cut above but I'm not sure he's the star striker some folk on here seem to think he is.

My thots too....

One step forward one back on repeat since he was with us.

Colin Macdonald type that his work rate helped him and on occasion got amongst the goals 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

His ratio of goals to games in his last season(21/22) in the Championship with Partick of 7 in 19 is similar to the 12 in 31 he scored at us.

Even his last Championship season(22/23) at Dundee of 5 in 19 isn’t totally terrible considering he only started 11 matches. MacIver for comparison has 9 in 20 for us, in which he started them all. 

Wasn’t able to replicate it in the Premiership but still think he’s a good Championship player. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Raith but at this moment I’d be more than happy to see him back at the Bairns next season. 

Edited by Dave McInally

15 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

That's like the known nickname of stupid people in Nigeria as Dundee Uniteds because they played an awful tour there and the nickname stuck locally. Genuinely true. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/11/the-unlikely-story-of-how-dundee-united-became-an-insult-in-nigeria

Seen this on QI the other week. Was a great bit of trivia

12 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Delighted to be proven wrong. 

100% correct to say he was absolutely shite last season before turning it round this year.

Donaldson? He wasn't absolutely shite last year at all. He only lost form at the same time as the teams arse collpased post East End Park defeat

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Donaldson? He wasn't absolutely shite last year at all. He only lost form at the same time as the teams arse collpased post East End Park defeat

I'm going to politely disagree and leave it there. I don't have the strength for this argument again.

Main point is that he has turned things around.

56 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Delighted to be proven wrong. 

100% correct to say he was absolutely shite last season before turning it round this year.

He wasn’t absolutely shite last season. He played poorly, like the rest of the team for the last 2 months. 

1 minute ago, BPM Again said:

He wasn’t absolutely shite last season. He played poorly, like the rest of the team for the last 2 months. 

Can we not just focus on the now ? He’s playing very well. He always had the ability but confidence was a major issue for him. His and the teams form as well as the not inconsiderable presence of Lang has made a huge difference.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can we not just focus on the now ? He’s playing very well. He always had the ability but confidence was a major issue for him. His and the teams form as well as the not inconsiderable presence of Lang has made a huge difference.

Happy to do that but when people come out with rubbish they should be challenged IMO