The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, BPM Again said:

You take absolutely no account of our progression. Just look at below, think about our record v Championship teams this season and how much our side has changed. Look at this below and tell me we have not moved on at a rapid rate. We have been playing against a “very poor standard” for nearly 5 years. I would fancy us against Airdrie any day of the week now. 

IMG_7382.jpeg

IMG_7383.jpeg

IMG_7384.jpeg

The original post stated that he fancied "we would absolutely tank" Airdrie. Note - tank. I can take account of our progression, whilst at the same time holding the belief that we absolutely would not be tanking them in any hypothetical final. Anyone who does not consider them a significant step up from what we are facing on a regular basis clearly has not been paying much attention. They are a proper team in the true sense of the word. That does not mean I believe we would be incapable of beating them.

Recognising (a) how far we have come and (b) the incredibly poor standard of the league really are not mutually exclusive. 

35 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

If a bid comes in for Morrison, the two questions that need to be asked are firstly, can we win the league without him? And secondly, does the fee offered outweigh the damage to the club from potentially not going up this season? 

If the answer is no-no, then we shouldn’t really even consider it.

Bigger question is probably whether or not he wants to go.  If he does, then forcing him to stay has questionable value.  

A thread of Morrison’s goals for anyone that’s interested. Said it many times but he’s been our best player for years. Hope he stays but been a great servant to the number 7 shirt regardless. 

Just now, SLClyde said:

We’ve signed Jaze Kabia, any good for you? 

Rapid, but very weak and dropped out of games frequently, although he was being managed by Martin Rennie and Kenny Miller so that has to be taken into account. Started very promisingly for us but quickly faded away and really hasn't kicked on since; pretty sure Morton ditched him halfway through a season-long loan spell and didn't really kick a ball for Queens either. He also couldn't get a game for an absolutely humming Cork team that got relegated last year.

He's still young enough to turn it around and I could actually see him doing well in League Two based on pace alone, but he's really getting to the stage where he has to have a decent spell at a club if he's going to have any kind of career, professionally at least.

14 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Rapid, but very weak and dropped out of games frequently, although he was being managed by Martin Rennie and Kenny Miller so that has to be taken into account. Started very promisingly for us but quickly faded away and really hasn't kicked on since; pretty sure Morton ditched him halfway through a season-long loan spell and didn't really kick a ball for Queens either. He also couldn't get a game for an absolutely humming Cork team that got relegated last year.

He's still young enough to turn it around and I could actually see him doing well in League Two based on pace alone, but he's really getting to the stage where he has to have a decent spell at a club if he's going to have any kind of career, professionally at least.

He tore his hamstring early in his 4th game to be fair! Which ended his season. He'd looked decent in the first three games, including scoring the winner at Peterhead as a sub on his debut.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

The original post stated that he fancied "we would absolutely tank" Airdrie. Note - tank. I can take account of our progression, whilst at the same time holding the belief that we absolutely would not be tanking them in any hypothetical final. Anyone who does not consider them a significant step up from what we are facing on a regular basis clearly has not been paying much attention. They are a proper team in the true sense of the word. That does not mean I believe we would be incapable of beating them.

Recognising (a) how far we have come and (b) the incredibly poor standard of the league really are not mutually exclusive. 

Only time will tell of course but I think Raith will beat them on Friday so we probably won’t be facing them if we beat TNS. I would rather play Airdire TBH. Reading the match thread they a riddled with injuries.
Next season I am sure we will be locking horns with them because they won’t get out of the Championship. 

Edited by BPM Again

8 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Airdrie haven't beat Ayr or Dundee united in the 4 games they've played this season. They've won and drawn with queens park . I would reckon it would be a tight game but would fancy our chances at a neutral venue.

They have obtained a whopping 2 extra points over Ayr and we have been terrible this season.  I think they benefitted from so many teams absolutely bombing it at the start of the season and will be down in the bottom 3 by the end.  They rely on teams pressing their possession and making use of the space that leaves, easy solution to canceling that out.  

Falkirk would beat them but probably not to nil.