Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But yet they still haven't won a trophy or even came close to challanging for the league!

Surely a guy as talented as Wenger can at least win a measly Carling Cup?

When will Arsenal next win a trophy, what trophy will it be, and will Wenger still be the manager?

It's going to be an interesting last week or so that's for sure.

Also this close season should be very interesting as well, Who will moyes buy for moan utd, will mourinho come back to chelsea & spend another £100m, will Mankini still be at man city & if a new man comes in how much will he want to spend ?

Will spurs hang onto bale ?

This could be the most expensive transfer window in english football history.

Surely a guy as talented as Wenger can at least win a measly Carling Cup?

If he actually gave a shit about the tournament, he'd have won a Carling Cup by now.

So what is he planning to win? Has he just given up on winning things?

His list of priorities will look something like this:

Win Champions League

Win Premier League

Finish in top 4

Progress as far as possible in Champions League

Win FA Cup

Win League Cup

The League Cup is an irrelevance to Arsenal.

Win Champions League

Win Premier League

Finish in top 4

Win FA Cup

Win League Cup

The top 2 ain't going to be happening.

I could see the league cup being an irrelevance if you had a realistic change of winning the league / chmapions league.

It might not the be biggest trophy, but for Arsenal i wouldn't underestimate the feel good factor winning any sort of trophy can do for a club and fans, especially after waiting 8 years to win something

I could see the league cup being an irrelevance if you had a realistic change of winning the league / chmapions league.

It might not the be biggest trophy, but for Arsenal i wouldn't underestimate the feel good factor winning any sort of trophy can do for a club and fans, especially after waiting 8 years to win something

Perhaps he feels that any cup run would interfere with finishing in that top 4.

doesnt matter if we think it aint happening or not, the fact is that wenger will not risk any of his first team players before big games on carling cup or FA cup ties unless it is half game appearances or potential embarrassing defeats (see bradford)

arsenal revolve around the champions league, so aiming to win either the EPL or the CL is a lot better than winning the carling cup

i get what you mean about the feel good factor etc, but the arsenal board clearly dont

Who's the happiest set of fans at the game tomorrow?

Wigan with their FA Cup win? Or Arsenal with another Champions League adventure seemingly forthcoming?

The fact that so many Arsenal supporters are so happy to be also-rans in pretty much every competition every season is pretty sad. I think that's the main thing in this. You can at least see why the board do what they do.

Win Champions League

Win Premier League

Finish in top 4

Win FA Cup

Win League Cup

I wonder when Arsenal will next win the Champions League or Premier League. I get the thing about it all being about the cash, but players can lose the habit of actually winning things. Winning things takes a certain mindset. Do Arsenal players still have a winning mindset and the ability and determination to regularly win trophies?

Here's a list of priorities for the average Premier League footballer:

1. Direct remuneration, through signing-on fee, wages, bonuses and commercial opportunities
  2. Profile and celebrity
  3. Winning the Champions League
  4. Haircuts
  5. Having distinctive football boots
  6. Getting a new high score on Kandy Krush
  7. Domestic trophies

You can maybe move #7 up a couple of notches in the rare case of a player being local-born, or for grafters in promoted teams enjoying their first realistic prospect of success.

Here's a list of priorities for the average Premier League footballer:

1. Direct remuneration, through signing-on fee, wages, bonuses and commercial opportunities
  2. Profile and celebrity
  3. Winning the Champions League
  4. Haircuts
  5. Having distinctive football boots
  6. Getting a new high score on Kandy Krush
  7. Domestic trophies

You can maybe move #7 up a couple of notches in the rare case of a player being local-born, or for grafters in promoted teams enjoying their first realistic prospect of success.

You're a bit weird mate.

So one game to go now, and they have the second best defensive record in the league, and the third most goals scored. Not bad for a team with terrible defenders and pish goalscorers!

So one game to go now, and they have the second best defensive record in the league, and the third most goals scored. Not bad for a team with terrible defenders and pish goalscorers!

They're still miles off the pace though aren;t they? Considering the season City had, Arsenal conceivably could ahve challeneged them for second.

Whatcha think they're missing xbl?

I bet Arsenal can't wait to show off the top 4 trophy at the end of the season.

If they don't make an arse of it at Newcastle.

In any case top 4 is still enough of a success at Arsenal until they put together a squad capable of challenging the Manchester clubs to win it. The squad a whole isn't strong enough and they're a van Persie short of going a round or two further in the champions' league as well.

I don't see why not winning a trophy is such a big deal. Winning the important ones like the league and champions' league are hardly a given when the teams they are up against have at least as much money if not more to spend on their squads and similar if not higher expectations.

They will win the league at least in the next few years I'm sure, maybe not under Wenger though, great a manager as he is.

Archived