Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

On 29/05/2018 at 07:33, Todd_is_God said:

It's actually quite scary how many people struggle to spell fairly simple words.

Scheme goblins take it to another level, however.

Not a matter of bad spelling but not even knowing the correct words.

The number that have brought from the shops, unless they shoplifted it they bought it (although the shoplifting option may cover the brought/bought.

Similarly,

of / off

there / their / they're

two / too / to

us / use

I have seen these all wrongly used in the last week and one guy normally manages 2 or 3 mistakes every post he makes.

The number that have brought from the shops, unless they shoplifted it they bought it (although the shoplifting option may cover the brought/bought.
Similarly,
of / off
there / their / they're
two / too / to
us / use
I have seen these all wrongly used in the last week and one guy normally manages 2 or 3 mistakes every post he makes.

I’ve a friend from the Walsall area and he says “brought” for bought. WTF

Similarly,
of / off
there / their / they're
two / too / to
us / use

My wife’s dyslexic

Last weekend I found myself in Marks and Spencer’s store having to give opinions on various dull but comfy cardigans at mid range prices

It’s not the kind of S&M gear I thought she was meaning

If anyone I knew said anything in support of Tommy Robinson they'd be instantly unfriended, both on Facebook and in real life.

If you unfriend people for saying things you don’t like then you end up living in a bubble. Better to provide a counterpoint or ignore them.

I see people posting stuff in support of Tommy Robinson but I don’t unfriend them. I am obviously a better more tolerant person than you.

On the Tommy thing, I didn’t realise he had a wanky double-barrelled name. That’s the main thing I’ve taken from the episode. That and judges can jail you if you noise them up.

I also wonder how many people actually know the detail of the various laws there are? It can’t be a good thing that the majority of people are so ignorant of the laws in their own country. I know I haven’t a clue about most of the laws. Using that ‘ignorance of the law is no excuse’ thing is just a cop out. Surely it’s the perfect excuse. I feel it should be the state’s duty to teach people about the various laws there are.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

If you unfriend people for saying things you don’t like then you end up living in a bubble. Better to provide a counterpoint or ignore them.

I see people posting stuff in support of Tommy Robinson but I don’t unfriend them. I am obviously a better more tolerant person than you.

On the Tommy thing, I didn’t realise he had a wanky double-barrelled name. That’s the main thing I’ve taken from the episode. That and judges can jail you if you noise them up.

I also wonder how many people actually know the detail of the various laws there are? It can’t be a good thing that the majority of people are so ignorant of the laws in their own country. I know I haven’t a clue about most of the laws. Using that ‘ignorance of the law is no excuse’ thing is just a cop out. Surely it’s the perfect excuse. I feel it should be the state’s duty to teach people about the various laws there are.

I wouldn’t unfriend folk for some things, but this sort of shit definitely deserves it. I have zero tolerance for racists, bigots etc, and zero tolerance for anyone supporting them. I won’t be associated in any way with a racist, a bigot etc. They are scum and get to f**k. They will be roundly ignored by me and I won’t have anything to do with them.

A girl on my facebook abbreviates the word “just” to the letter j. I’ve never seen anyone else do it and she types everything else in full.

An example post might be “I j popped down the shops and found these [insert picture of random item]. I j had to have them”.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

A girl on my facebook abbreviates the word “just” to the letter j. I’ve never seen anyone else do it and she types everything else in full.

An example post might be “I j popped down the shops and found these [insert picture of random item]. I j had to have them”.

This j caused me to throw up in my mouth a little.

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

In Tommy's case it wasn't ignorance of the law, he's had previous. Worth a spell in chokey to build up his American "alt" right fan base and crowdfunding. Think he got the idea from the guy with the hitler mutt and all the dosh he got.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tommy-robinson-arrest/

J unfriend her

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

9 months Facebook free today lads.  I feel a better person for it.

It's always been free, m9. Sorry to burst your bubble.