Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Romanov in his statement is 100% correct and this needed to be said. It is so true to each word we are controlled now by SKY. And its high time we have a roller coaster of announcements from the clubs openly (i await Aberdeen's statement) that the vote on the 4th of July has to BE NO. End of

IF the other rumours are true about fraud still to come out are true, then Rangers or this new team might just find FIFA ripping them a new hole laugh.gif

It probably helps that he's totally alien to Scottish football and therefore doesn't have the weight of decades worth of cultural baggage weighing down on him to toe the line.

Wishful thinking!

It's not a qualified resolution or special qualified resolution to transfer a share so it requires 66% in favour (8 out of 12).

All it says is that a transfer of share outwith promotion/relegation requires a general meeting, but there is no mention of transferring shares under ordinary resolution votes, so it requires a rule change.

There is specific exception made (under ordinary resolution votes) that votes on changes to authorised share issues requires a qualified resolution vote (90%).

I think the SPL, and to a lesser extent the SFA’s organisation of this scenario has been woeful in the extreme and they have brought Scottish football, as a league, into sustained disrepute.

I think that the people who manage it, not just the Chairman, but the paid executives of the SPL, should hang their heads in shame and in the case of some of them, should actually offer their resignation for the chaos they’ve allowed to reign.

If, however, they’d stuck to their own rules and been consistent about their own rules we wouldn’t even need this vote because currently the SEVCO Consortium do not meet any of the criteria to be a member of the SPL. They may have a stadium but they do not have an SPL share, they have no audited accounts and have been given two extended grace periods to bring this disgrace further forward. Every single thing possible has been done to accommodate them yet they still cannot offer up the principles that would allow them to be an SPL club.

Therefore even the vote itself is a compromise.

Stuart Cosgrove 16 June 2012

All it says is that a transfer of share outwith promotion/relegation requires a general meeting, but there is no mention of transferring shares under ordinary resolution votes, so it requires a rule change.

There is specific exception made (under ordinary resolution votes) that votes on changes to authorised share issues requires a qualified resolution vote (90%).

I wish you were right but it says all votes are 66% unless specified. It is an ordinary resolution unless it's specified as something else!

It's ok though - I have every faith at least 5 chairmen will do the right thing.

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence

To those The Rangers fans continuing to threaten me via twitter I really don't do walking away so forget it

I hope the polis have them, the guy is only offering his perspective just because it differs from theirs is no excuse for idol threats.

Guys like Spence, Cosgrove and Cowan are the only guys who seem to understand what the majority of the diddy teams supporters feel.

I wonder what furore if someone threatened Traynor or Chic for their continued succulent lamb stuff.

I hope the polis have them, the guy is only offering his perspective just because it differs from theirs is no excuse for idol threats.

Guys like Spence, Cosgrove and Cowan are the only guys who seem to understand what the majority of the diddy teams supporters feel.

I wonder what furore if someone threatened Traynor or Chic for their continued succulent lamb stuff.

Your spelling mistake is bang on !

I wish you were right but it says all votes are 66% unless specified. It is an ordinary resolution unless it's specified as something else!

It's ok though - I have every faith at least 5 chairmen will do the right thing.

The vote is specifically for the reason of transferring of a share outwith promotion/relegation, so going by the SPL articles it must require a qualified resolution.

Anyhoo there's no point in going round in circles, if there were any real journo's the question ould've been asked already.

Let's just hope your right about 5 chairmen doing the right thing.

Romanov in his statement is 100% correct and this needed to be said. It is so true to each word we are controlled now by SKY.

At the same time, it's odd that Murdock's lot have been somewhat standoffish compared to the Mirror Group and the vast majority of those in-crowders emplyed by the BBC. But a significant factor in Murdock's success, as with any populist, is knowing which way the wind is blowing. One little-discussed effect of all the current mayhem is that it may result in the non-Murdock hacks getting kicked out of what has for decades been an entrenched position of power. Imagine what will happen if the league fails to implode (and indeed flourishes) but the Record remains steadfastly behind the old powers.

Looks like this story has been doing the rounds for a few hours now:

No contact with Rangers - Bury Chairman

Bury chairman Brian Fenton insists there has been no contact between his own club and Rangers following claims the Scottish giants were poised to launch a takeover bid for the npower League One outfit.

National newspaper reports this morning suggested the Light Blues would look to take up Bury's fixtures in England's third tier next term, continuing to play their home games at Ibrox, before a club statement from the Shakers offered a firm rebuttal.

Despite a takeover by Charles Green's consortium last week Rangers' ongoing financial strife means their Scottish Premier League status remains in severe doubt, but Fenton told Press Association Sport there have been no discussions over an unusual alternative.

"There's been no contact whatsoever," he said.

"I got a call off a journalist yesterday asking whether I'd had contact with Rangers regarding investment or a takeover of Bury.

"At the time I thought it might just die a death as something that was being bandied around the press.

"Then this morning I got a call off one of my fellow directors about it being all over the back page of The Sun and The Mirror. I turned the television on and it was all over Sky Sports."

This led to the swiftly issued statement that Fenton felt was essential to quell speculation and reassure supporters.

"I didn't want anybody thinking that we'd sold them down the river to somebody who's north of the border," he said.

"Every football club is looking for investment and we wouldn't turn anyone away if they were realistic investors.

"But this isn't realistic. This is basically, I'm led to believe, a takeover to get into the Football League and take Bury Football Club away from Bury.

"We are sponsored by the local council who we have an excellent relationship with. We've got the fans and don't want to leave Bury without a football club."

Along with having no contact beforehand, Fenton is disappointed no one at Rangers has been in touch subsequently to offer clarification over the events of the past 24 hours.

"We haven't had any contact with Glasgow Rangers, even since it's hit the press or the TV," he said.

"It would be nice to have some kind of communication with Rangers, whether it's 'we're sorry for what's gone on, it's not come from us' or 'it has come from us'.

"We don't know at our end where all these rumours have come from."

It is not the first time suggestions of Rangers or Old Firm rivals Celtic joining English football have come to light, but, with Green waiting to discover whether his newco Rangers will be granted entry into the SPL at a specially convened general meeting on July 4, the talk has rarely come against such an uncertain backdrop.

'Club 12' were included in place of Rangers when Scotland's top flight fixtures were issued on Monday.

Fenton is not adverse to either side joining the Football League, providing they legitimately work their way up the pyramid.

He added: "I think it's been on the cards for quite a while, but if Rangers, Celtic or Hibernian or whoever it is wants to move out of Scotland and play at a higher level, they're going to have to start in League Two and work their way through."

aap.jpg