Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's all a bit of a non-story really. Findlay in "emotional attachment to Rangers" shocker.

However, it would be nice to see the rules updated to prevent any shareholdings in competing clubs in the future.

It's the Jim Ballantyne quote that got my eyebrows raised. It's typical of that w****r, but even so - when faced with Alex Thomson, saying anything that enforces the belief that cronyism is alive and well within the SFL isn't best policy.

I can't see them getting enough votes even at 50%.

Here's hoping that the SFL chairman are so pissed off with Doncaster's bullshit that they'll just decide they don't want Newco in Div 3 either. The top result is still within our grasp.

Spartans have already said that they wouldn't apply to join the SFL at the same time as Sevco. I'm not sure if other previous applicants like Cove Rangers or Edinburgh City intend to apply either.

May have been said in haste going by EOS forum

All this stuff about the sky deal - why can't the SPL / SFL / Cockwomble just propose something like;

• reduce SPL deal by (say) 1 million.
  • Offer SFL (say) 1 million to show Div 3 matches live.

Sky can show 2 games a weekend - Celtic and Sevco presumably. SPL teams suffer a very small drop in income from Sky. Sevco fans keep their Sky subscriptions. Diddy team fans keep their subscriptions. Everyone's a winner?

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes":

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir

Our board have been getting plenty of stick over the last couple of months regarding other matters so hopefully this is the way to redeem themselves. They're elected on behalf of our season ticket holders anyway so this should be a bit of an easy decision (you'd hope).

Whats the problem if up to six clubs go into administration / liquidation? They get rid of their debt, dishonour existing contracts and start again in the First Division with a clean biil of health - sounds like a solution to me :)

At what level?

Just what I was thinking. This makes it sound like they're voting on whether or not they're even going to be accepted into the Third Division.

From the BARB site:

"5,100 homes"

"Representing 11,500 viewers"

We have the Nielsen ratings here in the U.S. which uses samples of households too....

My point is, it is a stretch when the report confidently states numbers in the 100,000+ range when all they are doing is multiplying the small sample.

I just don't believe it, but thanks for the link. Wonder if any BARB sets are in pubs? Must be lots of people without Sky who go to their local to watch games.

1. They know whether or not you are receiving a signal and what you are tuned into .. and recording.

2. They would know if it is a pub.

3. They just assign an average number of viewers per type of connection ... so still a bit of guesswork involved I would imagine.

Any advertiser would possibly pay x amount per viewer on an agreed formula for the connections and type tuned in.

The viewing figures are from BARB. To participate with BARB you get a set top box and you constantly tell the box how many are watching and what you are watching. BARB then take all the data from the participants and project estimate viewing figures for each programme.

I would doubt that a pub would participate with BARB. As it seems a lot of hassle.

Annan will apparently go for it according to one of their fans- the chairman, according to him, is a bluenose.

There are question marks over the intentions of Partick, Dumbarton, Hamilton Comicals (depsite an apparent "no" statement last week) and Cowden, because of Donald Findlay's involvment. Different opinions see them in different camps.

9 clubs (Raith, Morton, Falkirk, East Fife, Petehead, Clyde, Stenny, Alloa, Stirling, Stranraer) seem already intent on a NO. The other clubs are either consulting with the fans or pledging a vow of silence until the actual vote is formally concluded.

Even if, charitably, you count 5 clubs as accepting the proposals, that means Sevco need 11 YES votes from the 15 clubs remaining (Airdrie will abstain owing to a conflict of interest) to secure SFL1 entry. Given what seems to have been a fractious and ill-tempered meeting today of the SFL chairmen, that would seem to me to be a very tall order.

Annan are a no chairman said they had to apply and start in 3rd div and Ex Rangers need to do the same.

You forgot Falkirk wink.gif

To recap then.

So of the thirty SFL clubs, the situation is this:

Won't Vote Over Conflict Of Interest: Airdrie and Dundee.

Down to 28 voting.

No SFL1 Parachute for the Orcs:

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Falkirk, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

18 left to get their 16 from.

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes" after 1964 And All That:

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir.

14 left to get their 16 from!

Likely To Vote Yes Despite Denying Any Decision Has Been Made: Partick Thistle

"Dunno, Sir!"

Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Dumbarton, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Forfar, Hamilton, Livingston, Montrose, Queens Park, Queen Of The South

Bear in mind that of the non-declared twelve (with Ayr, Forfar and Queen Of The South the strongest suspects of the "lubbed arses" camp), they have to weight up the risk of voting Yes when it requires at least two from the 1964 clubs to vote "yes" to have any chance of succeeding and incurring the wrath of their fans and sponsors in doing so, and for all the Division 3 clubs to decide they don't want a season's worth of easy gate money from the Orcs.

Nope, another cunning plan is at home to Mr Cock Up.

brian mclauchlin@BBCBMcLauchlinSfl clubs will meet again next Thursday to decide if Rangers newco will be allowed into SFL. 50% vote required. More soon@bbcsportsound

Retweeted by Pie and BovrilExpand

Next Thursday ? So that gives Donkeymaster and the SevCo propagandists over a week of quality waterboarding time with the SFL chairmen.