Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Again with the criticism. Did you not hear the man? Two months him and his backers have been working on this. That was how he was able to explain in such concise and clear detail the overall strategy of the consortium and their arrangements for raising finance.

This club is going from strength to strength!

There's a book to be written at the end of this saga - and by golly, it could be and should be a belter.....

Someone will do it. My money is on a Daily Retard hack, and my money is on it being shit - when in fact it should be essential reading.

Please, someone with a bit of substance do it.

Hugh and William McIlvanney could do it together, one of them's a sports writer and one of them's a crime writer...perfick!

A couple things. Firstly, regarding the people commenting on the lack of debate, they're dead right. Yes, some of the analysis has been excellent, and the thread has been compulsive reading, but any Rangers fans are shouted down, and when people try to give some balance to the hysteria, they are drowned out. There are also far, far too many cringeworthy posts (some of the song lyrics have been dreadful), and there is too much posting for the sake of posting. Also, if you have a news story, read back at least the previous 3 pages just to check eh? I do think people need to maybe calm down a little. The thread might be a bit less active, but it'll be a better thread for it. Oh, and see all this "well other clubs didn't point fingers and reacted with humility" pish? Well I remember Gretna in admin, and both Dundee admins, and Motherwells admin. Many of the fans were definitely not humble or realistic, with Dundee being particularly bad for it. Frankly, Rangers and Dundee probably have the same percentage of absolute fucknuts in their fanbase, its just that Rangers are a much bigger club. Now hold that thought, I'll come back to it..

Oh, and enough of the Rangersmedia obsession eh? Its a bit cringeworthy.

Now, what I'm about to say might sound a bit crazy, but bear with me here. I think Brown is on to something. There, I said it. Firstly, people on here have been asking why the fans haven't been active and haven't tried to get something properly started...well here is one Bomber Brown, the first person to actually apologise to Scottish football on behalf of Rangers. And I believe he is using exactly the right kind of language to get Rangers fans going. I was thinking about this this evening, and I believe that part of the reason that there hasn't been an organised single group is because Rangers have literally been an institution. I know we're all mocking this idea, but look at the way the media have reacted. They ARE more than just a club. They've been used to having things handed to them on a plate for so long that they have never needed to organise and muster. The media have always been on their side, their chairman was an expert in placating them, the authorities frequently turn a blind eye. We've (as in non OF fans) have long commented on this, so we would be lying if we said that this wasn't the case. They do have a long history of funny handshakes and the like. So they have never had a "proper" fans trust, and I doubt they'll really be organised even if they started right now.

No, Rangers need to play to their strengths, playing nice hasn't worked. And that just leaves the less pleasant side of Rangers...now Rangers do have a lot of rather unique associations. I'm thinking Orange lodges, organised crime, and Northern Irish paramilitaries. Frankly, I think they need to take advantage of those associations. If Green continues to play silly buggers and lie to the media and fans as much as he has been doing, then the less "nice" aspect of the Rangers fanbase are going to have to show their hand a bit. A spot of intimidation might work. I'm not saying I agree with it, but its probably something Rangers can do better than any other fanbase...

Green lies with the fishies tonight..all because the cnut widnae show the deeds

Edited by LordHawHaw

There's a book to be written at the end of this saga - and by golly, it could be and should be a belter.....

Someone will do it. My money is on a Daily Retard hack, and my money is on it being shit - when in fact it should be essential reading.

You write it, I'll edit it and well get Bomber Brown to raise the finance, he's got contacts that man.

A couple things. Firstly, regarding the people commenting on the lack of debate, they're dead right. Yes, some of the analysis has been excellent, and the thread has been compulsive reading, but any Rangers fans are shouted down, and when people try to give some balance to the hysteria, they are drowned out. There are also far, far too many cringeworthy posts (some of the song lyrics have been dreadful), and there is too much posting for the sake of posting. Also, if you have a news story, read back at least the previous 3 pages just to check eh? I do think people need to maybe calm down a little. The thread might be a bit less active, but it'll be a better thread for it. Oh, and see all this "well other clubs didn't point fingers and reacted with humility" pish? Well I remember Gretna in admin, and both Dundee admins, and Motherwells admin. Many of the fans were definitely not humble or realistic, with Dundee being particularly bad for it. Frankly, Rangers and Dundee probably have the same percentage of absolute fucknuts in their fanbase, its just that Rangers are a much bigger club. Now hold that thought, I'll come back to it..

Now, what I'm about to say might sound a bit crazy, but bear with me here. I think Brown is on to something. There, I said it. Firstly, people on here have been asking why the fans haven't been active and haven't tried to get something properly started...well here is one Bomber Brown, the first person to actually apologise to Scottish football on behalf of Rangers. And I believe he is using exactly the right kind of language to get Rangers fans going. I was thinking about this this evening, and I believe that part of the reason that there hasn't been an organised single group is because Rangers have literally been an institution. I know we're all mocking this idea, but look at the way the media have reacted. They ARE more than just a club. They've been used to having things handed to them on a plate for so long that they have never needed to organise and muster. The media have always been on their side, their chairman was an expert in placating them, the authorities frequently turn a blind eye. We've (as in non OF fans) have long commented on this, so we would be lying if we said that this wasn't the case. They do have a long history of funny handshakes and the like. So they have never had a "proper" fans trust, and I doubt they'll really be organised even if they started right now.

No, Rangers need to play to their strengths, playing nice hasn't worked. And that just leaves the less pleasant side of Rangers...now Rangers do have a lot of rather unique associations. I'm thinking Orange lodges, organised crime, and Northern Irish paramilitaries. Frankly, I think they need to take advantage of those associations. If Green continues to play silly buggers and lie to the media and fans as much as he has been doing, then the less "nice" aspect of the Rangers fanbase are going to have to show their hand a bit. A spot of intimidation might work. I'm not saying I agree with it, but its probably something Rangers can do better than any other fanbase...

I'll agree with you about the cringeworthy posts bit.

Behave yourself for f**k sake

Apologies if already mentioned but when Brown mentions Donald Findlay, did he actually say that the club let him down in his time of need?

His time of need being when he had to resign because he was caught on camera singing sectarian songs?

I admit I was starting to feel sorry for the liquidated Glasgow team. But after reading the comments on the sevco media (the thread by the falkirk boy) I'm really not bothered if they die. I''ve been of the opinion that div 3 was best. But they are unwilling to come out of their own bubble. They don't want to mix with other fans, and still have the feck you attitude. No acceptance of the current issues and a vandetta when they get back to the spl . f**k em.

Step forward dundeebarry...

I look forward to reading the tale of how Craig Whyte found himself camping on Glasgow Green in a makeshift tent, constructed out of one of Big Hoose Man's old Rangers tops.

Easy option is simply to suspend RFC for a season, and consider all their results as automatic 3-0 defeats.

They aren't in a league, so how could they have automatic 3-0 defeats?

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamont Jamie Ness is signing for Stoke City. First of players to turn down a transfer to newco Rangers to find a new club.

Good lad!

I literally cannot think of a team who his style of play is less suited to. Lucrative for him though I'm sure, and good to see yet another talented Scottish youngster getting a big move.

Part 2 6:55 in says it all about Rangers and their fans really....is this anybuddys kid as they hold up a 2 year old girl!!!!(Where the hold hands to face smiley!)

Is that Ginger guy on the oposate side of the steps no Neil Leonn?!

"He's a conman, he's a fuckin fraud. He's no got 2 bob!" Well done mate Your realised John Browns no got f**k all money either!

"The rates are near a million pounds and they've no got money tae pay it so sonner or later they've got to come to the table." Eh aye they will come to A table, tescos table now shut the f**k up yah gimp!

Those wee fanny's havn't even got enough money between them to hud that window shut!

"The reason he's no here is cos when you look in his eyes he looks at the floor cos he's got somthing to hide" well guess what, here we are yet AGAIN, we told you he'd f**k you over just like he did Shefield and now you lot are standin outside the club with players walking away left right and centre and the possability of there not being a leage to play in never mind a team to field and still, after being fucked over twice, you think your going to come back, romp 2 or 3 leages and get back in to champions leage,next fucking joke!

What the hell have I missed tonight? A thousand folk turn up at Ibrox for an audience with John Brown, who blusters his way through a lot of pish?