What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Hateful Eight, thought it was terrific. I like Tarantino's movies. They may not be to everyone's taste but they are right up my street. I just sit back and say "Entertain me Quentin" and he hasn't let me down yet. I rated this one higher than Pulp Fiction. 9/10

The Rack Pack 7/10

An "iPlayer Original"... The BBC's first stab at moving original content online, paralleling the Netflix approach.

Very much a TV movie; a dramatisation charting the rise of snooker into and through the 80's. Focusing on the rivalry between the Nug and Alex Higgins.

Higgins gets the brunt of the focus as you'd expect, and they bravely have a bash at covering his extensive problems. I think they broadly get away with it, though inadvertently it occasionally comes across like they're suggesting his problems stemmed primarily from his dislike/jealousy of Davis, and ultimately Higgins gets a fairly rough ride.

Davis, and Barry Hearn and his Matchroom mob get a much more gentle treatment as you might expect, but they get a bit of stick for their corporate whoring.

Otherwise, not too bad at all. Could have been pretty cosy and in-jokey, but walks that particular line quite well. And the super-young nugget is pretty funny. I suspect it might have got a point or two less had I not been so familiar with most of it, but I'd be interested to hear what a non-snooker thought of it.

The Revenant - 7/10

Saw this last night. Its about half an hour too long, but its very good. Tom Hardy is brilliant in it. Don't think DiCaprio's is an Oscar-winning performance though. He doesn't actually do very much for the majority of the film.

Harry and the Hendersons

Big thumbs up from the 10 year old (she thought it was going to be rubbish and way too uncool for her but laughed the whole way through). Thought it might have dated but was very funny. Surprisingly anti-gun and eco-conscious for a knockabout 80s kids movie too.

Family run over a bigfoot. Bigfoot comes to live with them. Much hilarity ensues.

7.5/10

Watched a few films recently.

Straight outta Compton: I obviously knew who Dre and Ice Cube were but I didn't know much about NWA or it's story. Found it a good watch and I've had boys in the hood stuck in my head for about a week which I don't mind as it's a topper. 8/10

Hateful8: it's unnecessarily long that's the first film I've seen at the cinema that's had an interval. The dialogue is decent but without spoiling it as I can't work spoilers on my phone I found the whole thing a bit pointless 5/10

Hitman agent47: Not much of a storyline but fast paced action that was an enjoyable watch. I love the Hitman games so I was always gonna like it. 7/10

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation: really enjoyed this so much so I'm gonna give it a second watch at some point soon. 8/10

Hateful8: it's unnecessarily long that's the first film I've seen at the cinema that's had an interval. The dialogue is decent but without spoiling it as I can't work spoilers on my phone I found the whole thing a bit pointless 5/10

They need to bring that back; intervals were the tits. Wee pint at half-time and a chat about what had happened and where it might be going.

(I was too young for most of that, but I mind watching the adults doing it when I was tiny)

Watched a few films recently.

Straight outta Compton: I obviously knew who Dre and Ice Cube were but I didn't know much about NWA or it's story. Found it a good watch and I've had boys in the hood stuck in my head for about a week which I don't mind as it's a topper. 8/10

Hitman agent47: Not much of a storyline but fast paced action that was an enjoyable watch. I love the Hitman games so I was always gonna like it. 7/10

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation: really enjoyed this so much so I'm gonna give it a second watch at some point soon. 8/10

Is it me or is the mission impossible sequels far better than the 1st. I was t a fan of the first one but all the sequels have been outstanding. The 3rd instalment is a gem.