What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hollywoodland.

I was very sceptical about watching this as I don't like Ben Affleck or Adrien Brody. I was pleasantly surprised however.

Good film, great performances by Affleck and Brody. I hate Brody's voice though, had to put subtitles on to hear what he was actually saying.

Tomorrow I will look into the history of George Reeves, just to see how historically accurite it was, as that will obviously define how good it actually was.

At the moment though, 8/10.

I just watched Flightplan, a movie with Jodie Foster who claims her child is kidnapped mid flight. Pretty far fetched, in fact, extremely far fetched, but enjoyable to pass an hour and a half.

6/10

I just watched Flightplan, a movie with Jodie Foster who claims her child is kidnapped mid flight. Pretty far fetched, in fact, extremely far fetched, but enjoyable to pass an hour and a half.

6/10

I thought it was utterly ridiculous myself but each to their own.

Indeed I have just seen the Good Shepherd which I quite liked but my girlfriend and pals didn't like it at all. It was just under 3 hours long but I found the time flew past as I was pretty engrossed in the film while they all felt it dragged on a fair bit and never got into it.

I wouldn't go and see it again but would pick up the DVD in the future.

Forgot a rating - 8/10

Edited by RiG

Watched "Shaun of the Dead" last night for the 1st time ever.

9/10. :D

Shaun Of The Dead is brilliant.

I'm just back from seeing The Illusionist - Edward Norton is superb (as usual) as a 19th Century Austrian magician who falls in love with a Duchess when a child, then meets her again by chance fifteen years later while performing a magic show.

Excellent film, with great performances by Norton and Paul Giamatti in particular. Only gripe is that it's a bit slow to get started, but then becomes a truly wonderful film.

9/10.

Edited by Gaz

6/10

An absolutely dreadful film. That plane's bigger than the Tardis.

I'm just back from seeing The Illusionist - Edward Norton is superb (as usual) as a 19th Century Austrian magician who falls in love with a Duchess when a child, then meets her again by chance fifteen years later while performing a magic show.

Excellent film, with great performances by Norton and Paul Giamatti in particular. Only gripe is that it's a bit slow to get started, but then becomes a truly wonderful film.

9/10.

I saw The Illusionist as well, I thought it was pretty disappointing!

The last 10 years of cinema has seen a number of films which pull off an illusion to the audience (Ed Norton is even in one of the best of them, Fight Club), with the likes of The Usual Suspects, Sixth Sense, The Others etc managing to trick the audience and then turn the film on it's head by revealing the trick at the climax. The Illusionist never managed to do that, it was completely predictable, and the end where Giamatti pieces it together was hilariously bad.

That said Giamatti and Norton perform OK, Giamatti was born to play a role from that period and Norton plays it straight, but the characters are never really developed, and the pantomime villain evil prince is never scary enough. It felt like they were too desperate to get their PG certificate that they couldn't make it dark enough for my liking.

Good score by Philip Glass though but only a 4/10

The Last King of Scotland.

8/10 but it probably helps if you're old enough to remember the Amin regime!

I certainly aren't old enough to remember the Amin regime, but I enjoyed the film never the less. I thought it was superb.

I am just about to watch Blood Diamond.

Do not go and see Norbit it is unfunny and you can guess the ending after about the first ten minutes of the film. 0/10

Hahaha, you actually had to go to the film to be able to tell that?

I watched Gosford Park on Sasturday night. I thought it would be enjoyable and it has a fantastic cast - Michael Gambon, Richard E Grant, Stephen Fry, Kelly MacDonald, Clive Owen, Helen Mirren, Charles Dance to mentiona few. It's a murder mystery set in an English country mansion between the wars. A party consisting of a mixture of aristocrats, new money and US celebs are on a shooting weekend, along with their servants and over the course of the weekend, a member of the party is murdered.

I could understand people not liking it but I thought it was well acted and had a good sense of humour. It also cast light on the hypocrisy and cruelty of the upper classes at that time, in particular their relations (both working and sexual) to their servants.

I watched Gosford Park on Sasturday night. I thought it would be enjoyable and it has a fantastic cast - Michael Gambon, Richard E Grant, Stephen Fry, Kelly MacDonald, Clive Owen, Helen Mirren, Charles Dance to mentiona few. It's a murder mystery set in an English country mansion between the wars. A party consisting of a mixture of aristocrats, new money and US celebs are on a shooting weekend, along with their servants and over the course of the weekend, a member of the party is murdered.

I could understand people not liking it but I thought it was well acted and had a good sense of humour. It also cast light on the hypocrisy and cruelty of the upper classes at that time, in particular their relations (both working and sexual) to their servants.

I watched it too and really enjoyed it. (even although I'm not a great fan of Kelly MacDonald) :D

Ghost Dog - The way of the samurai - 8/10

Good music through out and a good if possibly low budget film

Night at the museum - 7/10

Good lighthearted family entertainment from Mr Stiller with all the usual suspect from a Stiller movie