What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Machete - A Mexican Federale is exiled from his home country after a raid on a drug baron goes wrong, and finds himself embroiled in a political scandal in America years later.

Honestly, that summary gives no indication of what to expect from this film; it's totally bonkers, and revels in its ludicrous plot. It's all very silly indeed, and packed full of name actors delivering pitch-perfect performances. Gore, guns, and hot chicks abound, and the whole thing is a substantial amount of fun.

Wanted to watch Robert Rodriguez's Planet Terror after that, but we don't have it - boo! So, instead...

The Skeleton Key - Care home nurse Kate Hudson takes a job looking after stroke victim John Hurt in the old Louisiana house he inhabits with his wife. However, she starts to realise that his condition might not be as straightforward as she's been told.

Nice addition to the N'Orleans voodoo horror genre that attempts to lead the viewer down a few garden paths before the big reveal at the end. Not bad at all, with a nice line in vaguely creepy voodoo ceremony recordings, and it's a film that's worth another watch once you're aware of what's really been going on.

By chance I switched the TV over to BBC2, Apocalypto is on, never seen it before. pretty fucking brutal

Fell asleep during that years ago, and I wasn't even fucking tired.

I'll give it another go sometime if you enjoyed it.

Heat (Sandra Bullock & the unfunny fat wuman)

Watched this as was bugger all else on, I was in hospital and I couldn't sleep (and I quite fancy Sandra).

Christ almighty, what an awful film. Whoever telt the fat bint (Melissa something?) she could act should be hung by his balls, covered in honey, beside an ants nes and a recently disturbed wasp bike.

No doubt the fat bint will be in more films where she plays the supposed comic element of fat ugly slob, but f**k me, she's unwatchable.

1/10, just because I like Ms Bullock

Well, my hint was more to do with thinking it's utterly shit than anything to do with the ending.

I don't understand why so many people think apocalypto is good. It's total pish and the ending is awful.

Heat (Sandra Bullock & the unfunny fat wuman)

Watched this as was bugger all else on, I was in hospital and I couldn't sleep (and I quite fancy Sandra).

Christ almighty, what an awful film. Whoever telt the fat bint (Melissa something?) she could act should be hung by his balls, covered in honey, beside an ants nes and a recently disturbed wasp bike.

No doubt the fat bint will be in more films where she plays the supposed comic element of fat ugly slob, but f**k me, she's unwatchable.

1/10, just because I like Ms Bullock

Look up the film Tammy. You'll love it.

Was Heat the flim Sandra Bullock got a Razzie for? Never seen it myself. I don't mind Melissa McCarthy but mainly because I love Mike and Molly :-)

She never got a razzie for it. Would have been pretty harsh if she even got nominated.

She DID win it for All About Steve though.

Anchorman 2

Had a couple of hours to spare yesterday so bunged this on. Overall quite enjoyable and had me guffawing a few times. Seemed to lose its way after the ice rink scene and fizzled out after that.

Anchorman 2 was a strange one. I watched it and didn't hate it or enjoy. Can't remember laughing but didn't think it was bad. One of them that just fills time.

Was in a Richard Pryor/ 80s film mood this weekend.

Brewsters Millions. 8.5/10 . Superb film.

My dad recommended Stir Crazy to watch after that, he said it was hilarious. I disagree. Decent film but was expecting more laughs 5/10.

Halfway through Caddy. Switched off for the closing ceremony, waste of time!. This film is pretty dire though, not desperate to watch the rest of it.

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa 7/10

Finally got round to seeing this and I enjoyed it enough. It had some pretty good laughs and passed a couple of hours....and was only a fivver on DVD.

It's worth watching for the septic tank scene alone!