What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched The Krays on Youtube last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jktyIH7JMa4

Billie Whitelaw was fine. The rest was stilted shite. Even Tom Bell (a brilliant actor) seemed uncomfortable in his role.

The Krays is a fucking dreadful film. A couple of vicious thugs are nice to their mum while daydreaming about swans and crocodiles. The only good bit is the cameo appearance by Blakey from On The Buses as a jobsworth copper.

I watched The Warriors last night. I'd pay all the money I have for a Wu-Tang Clan parody of it. Very 70s, some cracking shots and I'd watch it again.

Warriors is quality. You might like The Wanderers if you haven't seen it, not as good as Warriors imo but good film.

Warriors is quality. You might like The Wanderers if you haven't seen it, not as good as Warriors imo but good film.

I reckon these were probably two of the most passed around pirate videos in the early-mid 80s.

Remember a brief spate of copycat gangs popping up , the Feegie Baldies , probably , the most infamous.

Next Goal Wins

Documentary film about the American Samoa football team. Once beaten 31-0 by Australia this film follows there progress in 2011 with Dutch Head Coach Thomas Rongen as they attempt to win there 1st ever competitive game.

Was an enjoyable watch with everything from transgendered players to the story of the tsunami that hit the island a few years back. Football fans should enjoy it.

7.5/10

The Godfather

Possibly the only film that could get away with a scene where a guy (Carlos) gets knocked down on his ass by a punch landing 3 feet from his face (Sonny) :lol: ..Hell there are so many scenes I enjoyed in that movie, most notably Enzo and Michael just outside the hospital. Loved Michael's character arc and that final scene where Kay is just looking on and see his husbands (?) hand being kissed by the others. Marlon Brando's accent annoyed the hell out of me but I loved his character (bit of romanticising going on as he would probably have been a cold motherfucker if he was based on someone genuine)..9/10

Pulp Fiction

Royale with cheese, le Big Mac, Ezekial 25:17, I don't eat swine; this movie is incredible. 9.5/10

Can't believe it took me this long to watch those two, but glad I finally did. Got the Godfather box-set, so will watch part II soon [general consensus seems to say that III should be chucked out the windae].

Speaking of Pulp Fiction, did anyone else think it peters out after

Bruce Willis saves Ving Rhames' poor wee bumhole

? Tarantino's cameo is pants, and that whole segment with Harvey Keitel through to the diner scene is very meh. Could just be it's disappointing after everything else, but it seemed a very mediocre end to a barnstorming film.

Edit: also, The Godfather Part 2 has been ruined a wee bit for me since I discovered that Frankie Pentangeli was supposed to be Clemenza from the first film, which is fairly obvious when you think about it. Can't help think about how much better an already-great film would've been if Richard Castellano hadn't fallen out/been frozen out of the second film.

But yes, you'll be amazed at how poor the third film is.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Still Alice

I thought this was really well done. It's not going to be a film you're going to continually go back and view but it is definitely worth a watch. Having worked with Dementia (and sadly, living above someone who has early onset) I don't think it was at all over the top. If anything, I thought the writing and Moore's acting was subtly done throughout the film. There is a scene near the end where Alice watches a pre-recorded video of herself and it's then you truly notice the transformation of Alice. Both physically and mentally. It's such a tragic scene. Moore completely deserved her Oscar for her performance. Absolutely superb performance from the woman and portrays the horrible f£cking illness exceptionally well. A really well directed film and good strong performances from all involved.

7.5/10

Wild Tales 8/10

Absolutely focking mental set of 6 short stories from Argentina. Pure entertainment, no filler.

Went to see that during the Glasgow film festival.

Can't remember the last time I laughed as hard in the pictures. Quality film.

Ah the joys of holidays......one of the TV channels has been showing old Carry On films

Carry On Cleo 8/10

Carry On Screaming 8.5/10

Carry On Up The Khyber 10/10 (It is the quintessential Carry On film, everything works, and is predictable as anything, but it's a classic)

Carry On Doctor 7/10

Carry on Columbus 0/10 (Why?)

Wild Tales 8/10

Absolutely focking mental set of 6 short stories from Argentina. Pure entertainment, no filler.

I heard that one of these stories is almost prophetically close to a recent tragedy- reading about it was pretty spooky. I'm keen on checking this out soon.

The Godfather

Possibly the only film that could get away with a scene where a guy (Carlos) gets knocked down on his ass by a punch landing 3 feet from his face (Sonny) :lol: ..Hell there are so many scenes I enjoyed in that movie, most notably Enzo and Michael just outside the hospital. Loved Michael's character arc and that final scene where Kay is just looking on and see his husbands (?) hand being kissed by the others. Marlon Brando's accent annoyed the hell out of me but I loved his character (bit of romanticising going on as he would probably have been a cold motherfucker if he was based on someone genuine)..9/10

Pulp Fiction

Royale with cheese, le Big Mac, Ezekial 25:17, I don't eat swine; this movie is incredible. 9.5/10

Can't believe it took me this long to watch those two, but glad I finally did. Got the Godfather box-set, so will watch part II soon [general consensus seems to say that III should be chucked out the windae].

Going by The Godfather novel , his story in earlier days is almost bang on Lucky Luciano's including the Castellammarese war , then later seems to head towards Frank Costello.

Get Hard

Saw this in the pictures last night. Standard Will Ferrell fare, I generally find Kevin Hart annoying and he was insufferable at the start of the film but I warmed to him as it went on. Some decent laughs but nothing groundbreaking.

6/10

Mommy 4/10

Bit film school project this although it did have some interesting ideas and the mental kid in it was v good. Absolutely busting for a piss towards the end so think that might have increased my negativity towards it as I was just desperate for it to finish.

Next Goal Wins

8/10

Watched it last night after seeing people mention it on here. Thought it was brilliant. The Dutch/American coach was a total arse, but the film was really well done and the ending was brilliant.