What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Spectre

Same old, same old.

These baddies really should give him the John Charles de Menezes treatment when they catch him.

Seriously, most times he just heads along when the baddies send for him. This time, as usual, he gets in the baddies car and is chauffeur driven straight to baddie HQ with his (usually doomed) f**k partner.

As usual he willingly hands over his gun. This time the baddies at least knock him out and tie him up.

Now, he should really get the Brazilian sparky treatment at this point. But no, as usual they let him escape and destroy another of their highly flammable HQs. Have the fuckers never heard of sprinklers and gas suppression systems?

Still, it held my attention to the end.

7/10.

I've not seen it but i could've told you all that.

They've been regurgitating the same story for 40 years now, how folk still get wet with excitement when a new one comes along is a mystery to me.

Think we're going to just have to agree to disagree on this one man.

Aye, I'm just interested in people's motivations. I thought maybe your Da had been one of those Fathers 4 Justice guys   :P

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Boring as Hell Justice

1/10

An appalling mess of a film. The acting of Ben Affleck was probably the best part of the film. It was that bad. The scenes seemed in the wrong order and jumped about from place to place. Characters turned up with no introduction, exchanged clunky conversations and fought for reasons which were kinda unclear.

Seriously, the script was shocking, the score was overblown, the visuals were alright but monotonous. Character development was strange and all female characters were negated to damsels or annoyances. Eisenberg's Luthor was not menacing, merely a pissed off Michael Cera-esque VL. The mutant guy at the end was just a smashysmashy Hulk without any motivation.

It tried to combine the dark styles of Nolan's Dark Knight with the ensemble action of the Marvel Universe. The problem is that the only reason we accept the mad, unbelievable stuff in Marvel is the fact that the whole tone of the movie is tongue in cheek, comic and light.

It was a disaster of a movie IMO.

In the last couple of days watched two animated films from entirely different eras.

The Jungle Book (1967) Walt Disney's last film he oversaw, loved this as a lad and still have the misty-eyed fondness. 8/10

Big Hero 6 (2015) What a difference in animation, but still tells a story, loved it. 8/10

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Boring as Hell Justice

1/10

An appalling mess of a film. The acting of Ben Affleck was probably the best part of the film. It was that bad. The scenes seemed in the wrong order and jumped about from place to place. Characters turned up with no introduction, exchanged clunky conversations and fought for reasons which were kinda unclear.

Seriously, the script was shocking, the score was overblown, the visuals were alright but monotonous. Character development was strange and all female characters were negated to damsels or annoyances. Eisenberg's Luthor was not menacing, merely a pissed off Michael Cera-esque VL. [\b]The mutant guy at the end was just a smashysmashy Hulk without any motivation.

It tried to combine the dark styles of Nolan's Dark Knight with the ensemble action of the Marvel Universe. The problem is that the only reason we accept the mad, unbelievable stuff in Marvel is the fact that the whole tone of the movie is tongue in cheek, comic and light.

It was a disaster of a movie IMO.

I don't think the film is as bad as you make out. However you have absolutely nailed the reason why I hated Lex Luthor.

Watchmen:

I don't quite know what to make of this. If they made a movie solely based on Rorschach then I'd be perfectly happy with that as he's by far the best character and has the movie's best moments. Nite Owl and Sally's romance wasn't interesting in the slightest and I don't think it held any purpose other than to impact Dr Manhattan (whose story also didn't really bother me). In fact, The Comedian was more interesting than the three others I just mentioned and he's barely in it. I think the movie did a good job of creating a completely bizarre world but keeping many of the character's emotions and some of their personalities very grounded. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would given its 54 on Metacritic and 60-odd percent on Rotten Tomatoes and would like to see movies based on The Comedian and Rorschach (which I know will never happen) but I feel that it was a bit of a waste of such an interesting world. It didn't really drag either, in my opinion, which surprised me given the fact it was a 2 hour and 40 minute movie (its 3 and a half hour "Ultimate Edition" is a step too far, though).

7/10

Watchmen:

I don't quite know what to make of this. If they made a movie solely based on Rorschach then I'd be perfectly happy with that as he's by far the best character and has the movie's best moments. Nite Owl and Sally's romance wasn't interesting in the slightest and I don't think it held any purpose other than to impact Dr Manhattan (whose story also didn't really bother me). In fact, The Comedian was more interesting than the three others I just mentioned and he's barely in it. I think the movie did a good job of creating a completely bizarre world but keeping many of the character's emotions and some of their personalities very grounded. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would given its 54 on Metacritic and 60-odd percent on Rotten Tomatoes and would like to see movies based on The Comedian and Rorschach (which I know will never happen) but I feel that it was a bit of a waste of such an interesting world. It didn't really drag either, in my opinion, which surprised me given the fact it was a 2 hour and 40 minute movie (its 3 and a half hour "Ultimate Edition" is a step too far, though).

7/10

One of my favorite films, the directors cut is marvelous

Still Alice

Loved this story of a professor at Columbia University who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's and her struggle to come to terms with the diagnosis and then her journey as the disease progresses. Julieanne Moore was superb as the lead. I very much recommend this.

9.5/10

One of my favorite films, the directors cut is marvelous

I've only seen Snyder's 3 attempts at Superhero movies and none of his other movies but I'm still not sure how I feel about him. I'm one of only around five people that liked Man of Steel, I liked Watchmen and I'm slowly beginning to dislike Batman v Superman as I think about it more. I still find it surprising that WB have placed this much trust in him considering how divisive he is as a film maker.

Other than Sucker Punch, I think all his films have made large sums of cash, which is all you need to know about why WB are backing him.

He's a damn sight better than Michael Bay. Faint praise, but praise nonetheless. And his version of Dawn of the Dead turned out far better than it had any right to.

Zootroplis - 8/10.

Surprisingly enjoyed this. Amazing animation and a great film for kids while still enjoyable for adults.  Loved the Breaking Bad reference as well.

EDIT - forgot all about the DVLA scene.  Think I laughed the loudest of everybody in the cinema :lol:

Edited by The Minertaur