What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Can anyone recommend a recent 10/10 film?

If your taste in films is the likes of Transformers and Batman v Superman, then don't bother.

My "10"s of 2015 are: The Revenant, Inside Out and Room.

10 Cloverfield Lane 8/10

Goodman good, man. A few good scares but snot about the scares anyway. Really, really good.

Enjoyed the point that even after the end of the world and they've been proved right, preppers are still completely nuts

Young And Innocent (1937)

Also known as The Girl Was Young this is a little gem from Hitchcock. It's one of his last British made films before moving to America but it has all the elements which you associate with him. The plot is his trademark, a young man is wrongly accused of murder and goes on the run assisted by a beautiful girl who happens to be the Chief Detective's daughter. There are twists and turns, some light-hearted scenes, plenty of suspense and a dramatic finale when the killer is revealed. Nova Pilbeam (what a great name btw) is excellent as Erica, the detective's daughter, and I'm surprised she wasn't more famous as she really is stunning.

7/10

Can anyone recommend a recent 10/10 film?

If your taste in films is the likes of Transformers and Batman v Superman, then don't bother.

I know it's not recent but have you seen Cool Runnings?

Predestination.

Hard to say much without revealing major plot lines. Ethan Hawke works for a time travelling crime prevention agency and is trying to track down a bomber who has thus far eluded him. Well, that's the framing used for the story.

The real story is when Hawke's character is working in a bar in the late 70s and someone comes in for a drink. They start talking and shit really develops. It turns out that

Ethan Hawke's character used to be a woman. Oh and he gave birth to himself. And he is his own father and mother. For good measure, he's also the bomber he's been chasing.

. It's science fiction so if you just enjoy it for what it is, you should love it.

Very good, very enjoyable. Definitely go out of your way to see it.

Primal Fear - Edward Norton is absolutely superb in this and Richard Gere isn't bad either. Really enjoyable watch 8/10

Excellent film however the book is simply outstanding.

Norton really plays the part of Aaron brilliantly.

Been on a film binge on my days off this week.

Triple 9....7/10. Since I saw the trailer last year I've been keen to see this. I felt that it was better than what some of the reviews had said. The action was intense and the cinematography was stunning. Didn't care for Kate Winslet at all and not enough of the new wonder woman.

A simple plan. 8/10.

I saw an article on watchmojo.com regarding the best underrated films ever and this was high in the list. 3 guys stumble across a plane wreckage and a case full of cash, guys decide to keep it for themselves which proves harder than they thought. Billy bob Thornton was great in this.

Kill your friends 4/10

Penned as this generations American psycho. I liked American psycho, I loved bales performance as Patrick Bateman. I didn't enjoy this neither did I like the characters. James Corden can fucking do one. The only good thing about this was the soundtrack.

The wedding ringer. 7/10

I firmly believe that Kevin Hart is fastly becoming this generations Eddie Murphy. The guy is legit funny. I didn't care for the groom in this one. Penny from the big bang still is annoying on screen but an absolute wid. I chuckled at the "lost" reference at the end of the film.

Dead Rising: Watchtower 7.5/10

Thoroughly enjoyed this. It stayed true to the games. Rob Riggle cracked me up as Frank West.

The Martian 8.5/10

Finally got round to watching this and boy was it enjoyable. The Mars landscape was stunning. The science that went into the film was outstanding aswell, Damon's tongue in cheek humour took away the seriousness of the situation. Jessica Chastain is a godess. My only criticism is how they treated the rescue mission with the crowd gatherings in time square and trafalgar square.

Kill your friends 4/10

Penned as this generations American psycho. I liked American psycho, I loved bales performance as Patrick Bateman. I didn't enjoy this neither did I like the characters. James Corden can fucking do one. The only good thing about this was the soundtrack.

That's what I thought as well. The main character was just an unpleasant c**t, but unlike Patrick Bateman or many other movie c***s, he just had no humour or charisma. I quite enjoyed the references to the '90s music scene but apart from that the whole movie was just a pile of steaming shite...