What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Werckmeister Harmonies 8/10

A guy tries to get his uncle to see a big fish. It all kicks off in the town!  A lady tries to sort shit out and it all goes tits up and some thugs bosh a hospital. The guy stares at a helicopter and goes batshit. The uncle sees the big fish but only when he moves into a shed.

Couple In A Hole 5/10

On Sky Cinema, starring Jamie from Thick Of It and Lysa from GoT - traumatised couple live in a hole in France following death of their son. Quite spooky/atmospheric but it's only a cert 12 so don't go in expecting any tits. Really quite odd, the actors had to proper roll about in a lot of forest shit, mud, leaves, must've been hard

16 hours ago, Christophe said:

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 3/10

How come he arrives and leaves on a ship when they all just teleport themselves around using magick?

Perhaps because he has a suitcase full of magical creatures which he doesn't want confiscated, as happens in the film, so he's travelling by muggle transport to avoid wizards.

Fantastic Beasts - 6/10

It was alright, can't decide whether it wants to be a nice kids film about a guy losing all these magical creatures or an incredibly dark film about child abuse and evil.

I think if they'd chosen one or the other it would have been a lot better, as it is the stories don't match up. Probably because the dark stuff is tacked on to get the sequels.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 14:30, Co.Down Hibee said:

The Revenant

Outstanding piece of work,DiCaprio gives one of the great film performances this century IMO,Hardy not too shabby either,some of the scenes really stay with you,beautifully shot as well.10/10

You're right. Once you've seen that Bear sexually assault Leo, you just can't shake the image.

the-revenant-06-gif-wtf-watch-the-film-s

In all seriousness, I thought Hardy was terrific in this. Leo is just brilliant in everything but this film just gave him so much scope to use his range. The cinematography was also utterly mesmerising and as you say, it was very beautiful to look at but also quite visceral in it's portrayal of the bleakness of the environment. The film only loses some of it's power for me once you realise how far from the truth they actually strayed for 'artistic license'.

Bad Santa 2 - If you liked the first one you'll love this. Found the patter superb and really liked Kathy Bates. Nothing fancy just down rite non pc humour. 7/10

Fantastic Beasts - I thought it was ok but never a big fan of The Harry Potter franchise so cant see me watching the 4 planned sequels. 5/10

The Maze Runner - Didnt know what to expect but I really enjoyed this film couldn't wait to watch the sequel. 8/10

The Maze Runner 2 - Fucking bollox turned into a generic zombie style horror. Felt so disappointed after the first film. 2/10

Jonestown - Didn't know much about this till I watched it. Fucking hell was gripped from start to finish. Couldn't recommend this enough for anyone into their documentaries. 10/10

Tell No One

This French film is a complex murder mystery based on the US bestseller by Harlan Coben. Dr Alex Beck's wife died 8 years earlier but the case is re-opened after new evidence and at the same time he receives a mysterious email supposedly from his dead wife. The story works quite well although a bit confusing at times with the tension building before the real truth unravels. The lead actor uncannily looks like Dustin Hoffman.

7.5/10

The Science Of Sleep

Michel Gondry's visually stunning, at times surreal, film about a shy young man trying to win the heart of a neighbour. Stephane has created a dream like world which is both weird and really funny. The car chase involving cardboard cars was laugh out loud stuff. The film switches between French, English and a little Spanish which can be a bit confusing at times but overall it is a visual feast.

8/10

On 12/2/2016 at 13:28, diamond_for_life said:

Bad Santa 2 - If you liked the first one you'll love this. Found the patter superb and really liked Kathy Bates. Nothing fancy just down rite non pc humour. 7/10

Fantastic Beasts - I thought it was ok but never a big fan of The Harry Potter franchise so cant see me watching the 4 planned sequels. 5/10

The Maze Runner - Didnt know what to expect but I really enjoyed this film couldn't wait to watch the sequel. 8/10

The Maze Runner 2 - Fucking bollox turned into a generic zombie style horror. Felt so disappointed after the first film. 2/10

Jonestown - Didn't know much about this till I watched it. Fucking hell was gripped from start to finish. Couldn't recommend this enough for anyone into their documentaries. 10/10

I'm not sure if it's the same film but I remember watching BBC Storyville: Jonestown some years ago. Definitely one of the best documentaries I've seen.

Agency - Lee Majors' ad executive finds himself on the trail of a conspiracy as new agency owner Robert Mitchum sets about taking secretive new contracts.

Poor attempt at an addition to the classic Seventies paranoia thrillers, with a very lacklustre and half-hearted feel to a story revolving around a pretty poorly drawn out and ho-hum conspiracy. Lee Majors' hairy chest works its way through virtually every female character in the film, and Robert Mitchum is utterly wasted playing a cardboard cut-out character. Also features perhaps the worst assassination team of all time although, in fairness, they were perhaps distracted by the aforementioned hairy chest. Many, many times.

Don't ever buy the DVD for this, by the way, as it's a terrible VHS rip of a hilariously poor full-frame print. Fucking amazing what some companies get away with; you'd want your money back if you'd seen this for free on YouTube.

20 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

I'm not sure if it's the same film but I remember watching BBC Storyville: Jonestown some years ago. Definitely one of the best documentaries I've seen.

Anyone interested in a dramatised version of the Jonestown Massacre might want to watch Ti West's The Sacrament, which is an unashamed fictionalised re-telling of the end of Jonestown. Decent enough film, but unfortunately contains absolutely no surprises for anyone familiar with the story, so it's possibly better to watch this first and then see the documentaries later.

52 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Anyone interested in a dramatised version of the Jonestown Massacre might want to watch Ti West's The Sacrament, which is an unashamed fictionalised re-telling of the end of Jonestown. Decent enough film, but unfortunately contains absolutely no surprises for anyone familiar with the story, so it's possibly better to watch this first and then see the documentaries later.

I wonder how much Kia-Ora they sold when that was showing in the cinemas...

It would depend on whether they'd finished the Kool-Aid  [emoji6]

It's surprising how many people know the term 'Don't drink the kool-aid' but have never heard of Jim Jones and Jonestown. Interestingly, it wasn't even kool-aid they used but a similar brand flavor-aid.