Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, he was very poor at Falkirk. 

He's definitely got the potential though. 

I’ve never seen otoo play obviously but do know he’s a young inexperienced player but maybe someone with the experience like Benedictus next to him guiding him along could be a good thing for lad like what Berra done with us with Tom Lang was guiding him through games before Langs injury 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve never seen otoo play obviously but do know he’s a young inexperienced player but maybe someone with the experience like Benedictus next to him guiding him along could be a good thing for lad like what Berra done with us with Tom Lang was guiding him through games before Langs injury 

Spor on. Bene doesn't shut his puss 😂😂best captain we've had in years.

2 hours ago, forzapars said:

Daily Record reporting we are on the verge of signing Ewan Otoo on a permanent 3 year deal. Liked him in the second half of the season. Plenty potential and good enough for the step up imo.

Definitely got potential, was good at driving the team forward. But was also suspect defensively. Having said that, he’s young and seemed to improve during his time here. Not convinced by someone so small at CB, but there’s definitely a player in there somewhere.

Clearly needs regular first team football at this stage of his career, so the move would make sense. Hopefully McPake can get the best out of him.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Spor on. Bene doesn't shut his puss 😂😂best captain we've had in years.

He was like that a bit with us tbf, but is Bene your only experienced CH? If so then it’s a risk going with inexperience if he gets injured playing in the championship. 

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He was like that a bit with us tbf, but is Bene your only experienced CH? If so then it’s a risk going with inexperience if he gets injured playing in the championship. 

He is. But, without Otoo signing yet, we only have 2 CBs signed up, so every chance we’re planning to bring in someone more experienced. Having said that, a player having more experience doesn’t always mean that they’re a better option. It’s all about finding someone who’s the right fit for our team/system.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Would have taken Spencer and Lang at us tbh.

Lang as a back up/squad player sure, definitely not Spencer, he will suit McGlynn's sideways and back passing style.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Would have taken Spencer and Lang at us tbh.

Nah, disagree with that.  Think all 3 of the signings today are exactly the level Falkirk are at.  Top end of League 1, would not improve us at all and would be back ups for the current players we have. 

There’s better out there for us to go after.  I want us to get our business done, but happy to wait a bit more for the right quality.

Lang was here before and was never fit. Seems to have had missed a lot of games with the Rovers too. He wouldn’t improve our defence, so no point in bringing in ‘cover’ if he’s unlikely to be fit to provide cover.

Not sure Spencer would improve our midfield, but might have been alright as cover, I guess. Don’t feel like we’ve missed out on much yet anyway.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Definitely got potential, was good at driving the team forward. But was also suspect defensively. Having said that, he’s young and seemed to improve during his time here. Not convinced by someone so small at CB, but there’s definitely a player in there somewhere.

Clearly needs regular first team football at this stage of his career, so the move would make sense. Hopefully McPake can get the best out of him.

Alright Keysy. 😉

Tbf I don't fancy him as a CB in a four but as the left CB in a three I think he'll do a job and get forward too, like a discount Kieran Tierney.

Quite happy with Otoo coming back if the rumours are true. Definitely still a bit raw and took a bit of time getting used to the pace of the game when he first arrived, but loads of potential, and once he settled into the pace I thought he really grew into that loan spell. Hard to argue against having more familiar faces after the success last season, especially where the back line is concerned.

Otoo is a brilliant player. Bit raw, but fits the modern bill as a centre half/ defensive mid…whatever is required of him. I’m sure the old codgers that frequent .nut and the Main Stand will be raging once he is announced because he likes to get forward and take chances. 

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

He is. But, without Otoo signing yet, we only have 2 CBs signed up, so every chance we’re planning to bring in someone more experienced. Having said that, a player having more experience doesn’t always mean that they’re a better option. It’s all about finding someone who’s the right fit for our team/system.

I get that experience isn’t always the better option 100% but they Instill confidence in the rest of the defence/GK with the leadership and what they bring in terms of decision making we lacked that last season when Berra unexpectedly retired and we were a shamble’s defensively but I do get what your saying though 

40 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I get that experience isn’t always the better option 100% but they Instill confidence in the rest of the defence/GK with the leadership and what they bring in terms of decision making we lacked that last season when Berra unexpectedly retired and we were a shamble’s defensively but I do get what your saying though 

Breens played a fair few games at this level for QOTS tbf.

Whilst I do want another experienced center half and someone like Murray would certainly take that role the number of appearances are beginning to really add up for the others in our back line,   Comrie and edwards are a baw hair off 200, Breen will be over 100 if not very close come the end of next season, fisher if he joins is over 50.

so that leaves only KRH and Otoo who could be called completely new to senior football and I think just about every pars fan will have the former as a certain starter who can easily handle it at championship level.

Otoo, I think for now whilst versatile isn’t first choice in any the positions he plays even without any other additions ,  but he may end up picking up a decent number of games between them, He’s an ok squad signing for me right now.

Edited by parsforlife

Happy is Otoo signs. 

As others have said, not the finished article but has the potential to be fantastic. Definitely worth a few years to see how he develops, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't quite make it and wouldn't be surprised if we punted him back to Celtic in a few years with a lovely sell on clause.