The LOLverpool Thread

Not entirely sure why a mostly reserve team losing against fairly decent opposition in a competition that the management clearly doesn't really care about is funny, to be honest.

When you see that Carragher is playing, you know goals are going to be conceded.

He looks a bit like Nick Stokes from CSI in that picture.

Couple of decent goals from Udinese tonight and, as usual, they can't win a game where they dominate. Put it down to youngsters or whatever, but it's been the same for a number of seasons.

It's been a cracking game, some hilarious refereeing, a rugby tacke, and a Downing assist all in there.

Liverpool are really poor at the back though and they only have themselves to blame for all three goals, but at least their games are watchable these days. Oh and Joe Allen has been murder.

Correct.

I quite like players who retain the ball and use it well, however it seems as if he is not one little bit interested in going forward with a pass. Its always his left & right back he looks for and never a cutting edge pass. I like the lad and how he always wants to retain the ball but God just move it forward would you ha!

Correct.

I quite like players who retain the ball and use it well, however it seems as if he is not one little bit interested in going forward with a pass. Its always his left & right back he looks for and never a cutting edge pass. I like the lad and how he always wants to retain the ball but God just move it forward would you ha!

Joe Allen is normally deeper than the full backs, therefore passes to them are forward passes.

I could understand if people accused Henderson (who, unsurprisingly, had another good game tonight and who's withdrawal left the midfield wide open) of taking the easy option but Allen generally chooses the right one. Remember, he's being asked to play as the deepest midfielder which isn't his natural game.

Joe Allen is normally deeper than the full backs, therefore passes to them are forward passes.

I could understand if people accused Henderson (who, unsurprisingly, had another good game tonight and who's withdrawal left the midfield wide open) of taking the easy option but Allen generally chooses the right one. Remember, he's being asked to play as the deepest midfielder which isn't his natural game.

Regarding the first part - you know what i mean - its not a penetrating pass forward, just side ways. As i said i love ball retention on the football park.

Im not for one second saying he chooses the wrong option or anything like that, your correct when saying its usually the correct one... I would rather see more cutting edge passes going forward. Perhaps he has been told just to pass sideways or to Gerrard to let him do his thing.

Plus im not bashing him, i do actually think hes a good player, just wanna see more. Hes only 22 so there is so much time for the lad.

Why has Joe Allen bashing become fashionable?

I'm just having a go at him for last nights performance he was shocking for the first Udinese goal and all he seemed to do was get in Gerrard's way once he came on making him chases his own pass at one stage which led to another Udinese break.

Not entirely sure why a mostly reserve team losing against fairly decent opposition in a competition that the management clearly doesn't really care about is funny, to be honest.

When you see that Carragher is playing, you know goals are going to be conceded.

Yip, definite reserve team -

With first choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina, £18 million pound Glen Johnson, Jamie Carragher with close to 500 Liverpool appearances, £7.5 million Sebastien Coates, £18 million pound Jordan Henderson, £15 million pound Joe Allen, £20 million pound Stewart Downing, £11 million pound Fabio Borini starting and "Captain fantastic" Stevie "Me" Gerrard, and £25 million pound racist Luis Suarez coming off the bench for the last half an hour, how were they possibly ever meant to compete?

Yip, definite reserve team -

With first choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina, £18 million pound Glen Johnson, Jamie Carragher with close to 500 Liverpool appearances, £7.5 million Sebastien Coates, £18 million pound Jordan Henderson, £15 million pound Joe Allen, £20 million pound Stewart Downing, £11 million pound Fabio Borini starting and "Captain fantastic" Stevie "Me" Gerrard, and £25 million pound racist Luis Suarez coming off the bench for the last half an hour, how were they possibly ever meant to compete?

I'll grant you Reina, Johnson and Allen. I doubt Borini would have played had he not missed the last match through injury.

Carragher hasn't been a starter for a year now, Coates has never been starter and Downing and Henderson have been substitutes in the league matches. I don't think Gerrard and Suarez coming off the bench really proves anything either - lots of teams do this when they've fielded a weakened side and are struggling for a result. It didn't work for Liverpool, obviously.

So, yeah; four of last night's starters have started for Liverpool on a regular basis this season. I think that's a good definition of a mostly reserve team.

So, yeah; four of last night's starters have started for Liverpool on a regular basis this season. I think that's a good definition of a mostly reserve team.

It was definitely a Liverpool reserve team. I imagine it wasn't the Italians' full strength side though either?