Depression

Evening mate. How have you been feeling recently mate?

Not great mate.....lows are really low at the moment. Did feel a lot better after a cry the other night though like you guys said.....think I needed it.

How are you mate?

Not great mate.....lows are really low at the moment. Did feel a lot better after a cry the other night though like you guys said.....think I needed it.

How are you mate?

A bit better bud. My team won our League yesterday down south :D and was named MOTM in our last game despite me being a lazy b*****d :lol:

My wife is feeling pretty down at the moment with the recovery period she is going through after a big operation. This has left me feeling low as well, ive got two weeks at work myself to come as well, on top of doing everything in the house. I love her to bits and I'm doing all I can to help her, and I might be sounding selfish here, but I really am struggling to cope.

My wife is feeling pretty down at the moment with the recovery period she is going through after a big operation. This has left me feeling low as well, ive got two weeks at work myself to come as well, on top of doing everything in the house. I love her to bits and I'm doing all I can to help her, and I might be sounding selfish here, but I really am struggling to cope.

That's hard, mate - hopefully Mrs Philpy is on the way to a full recovery, and you'll both get back to full match fitness soon.

I see in the news today there is more mock outrage but this time over Thorpe Parks Asylum attraction. It's some kind of crazy maze they have at Halloween from what I understand.

Interesting that it's been running for 8 years and only now people are up in arms about it.

Interesting enough to start a seperate thread perhaps?

It's hard, two wives lost in 4 years

I can't begin to understand how difficult a time it must be for you. My thoughts are with you.

You have to surround yourself with as many people as you can, to get yourself through this. Be it friends family or professional.

I was going to come on and ask you about this, Raidernation, if you'd allow me to. I wouldn't take offence if you didn't want to answer.

What are you doing to cope with your loss and are you seeing anyone professionally?

I ask because my dad's girlfriend passed away on Friday there and I don't really know what I can do to help. I don't see him very often, though I'm seeing him on the funeral on Thursday, so I just want to make sure he's going to be all right. He doesn't really have any other family to speak to.