NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

26 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Would they go with a outside US division? Looks like thats the longer term aim anyway?

Mexico, London & Toronto are the ones that get touted. The first two I could envision happening but the latter would be vehemently opposed by the CFL & Toronto Argonauts/Maple Leaf Sports.

So, this week the Raiders rightly lose 2 key players, no argument.
Aaron Rodgers is likely to get a wee fine and miss one game.
I’ll bet if Derek Carr did a @ Rodgers” we’d be hit with huge fines and a long suspension for Carr.

Sometimes I fucking hate being a Raider.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Arnette unsurprisingly cut. What a draft from the Raiders last year.

One of the all time worst. Bryan Edwards saving it from being the shitshow of all shitshows.

Wonder if Mayock will manage to survive by blaming it all on Gruden, or if he’ll be out at the end of the year.

46 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

It's weird how few decent kickers there are in the NFL. Or maybe everyone's expectation is too high. 

Should have never binned Hopkins.  A 90/10 guy.  But Blewitt failed to make the ball cross like of scrimmage in 3 of 5 of his FG attempts - 1 of which hit his own player on the helmet 😂

17 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It's weird how few decent kickers there are in the NFL. Or maybe everyone's expectation is too high. 

I think Kicker is a confidence position far more than most. I also think there's been a significant drop off in quality and consistency across the league over the past 5-10 years. I think that's partly down to the amount of tampering with the rules leading to increased difficulty and poorer consistency, therefore making it harder to maintain the confidence cycle. They've moved kickoffs back, moved PAT attempts back, and I think that has led to teams tending to favour leg strength over technique and accuracy, so in general the kickers around the league are far less metronomic than they once were. Fewer domes and turf fields around now than there once were also. Add it all up, the tougher conditions, tougher circumstances, the favouring of leg over accuracy, and it's not difficult to see why teams are burning through kickers at an unprecedented rate if you consider it as a whole. One missed kick, which is more commonplace now than ever before, your confidence takes a dent, makes the next one more difficult, and so on.