Reasons to be Cheerful

With another of Thatcher's odious acolytes rolling a seven, Tebbitt must be seeing lads in robes with scythes in his dreams. Good.

Tebbit it is the sort of c**t who will argue with the Styx ferryman about the price of the boat trip.

With another of Thatcher's odious acolytes rolling a seven, Tebbitt must be seeing lads in robes with scythes in his dreams. Good.

Much as I loathe these celebrity TV shows where the audience vote the unpopular ones out, it would be great if that were applied to life. Lemmy in, Tebbit out.

More of a 'things that make you laugh', but crowds of school kids huddled together around the corner from their schools, sharing cigarettes. They just look so idiotic and ridiculous despite obviously thinking they're the dog's bollox.

More of a 'things that make you laugh', but crowds of school kids huddled together around the corner from their schools, sharing cigarettes. They just look so idiotic and ridiculous despite obviously thinking they're the dog's bollox.

In my day it was easier as you could buy a single cigarette for 20p from the icecream van. People were also less reluctant to go get you a cargo from the shop as well. I feel sorry for today's youth.

Even better when you watch the rush to throw the cigarette away as the year heads are walking towards them.

I was once approached outside the local Coop by a youth who asked me to get him 20 Richmonds, when I appeared 5 minutes later with a pound of sausages he was none too pleased.

I could not get my interview rearranged. I had to rearrange my trip to Bristol, lost the money I paid for the original flights, had to book extra flights for Friday instead. Had to cancel and rebook car hire (the original booking hasn't yet been refunded either and today they've "secured" £250 from my bank account as a deposit, meaning I'm down by that much until the car is returned, though they say it's not actually debited - maybe, ya c***s but I still can't spend it, can I?). I'm only getting 2 days with my family instead of the 6 I had planned, but I kept telling myself it'll be worth it if I get this job.

I haven't had a call back so I can only assume I haven't got it plus I'm fucking skint for the weekend in Bristol. I'd get drunk if I didn't have a hire car booked in the morning.

Had a great weekend, loved the hire car and I didn't get charged for a valet when i returned it, despite the fact my sister pretty much lives on a building site just now and the inside of the car was filthy. The original, cancelled booking has been refunded, the deposit is back in my account and my balance actually reflects what's in my account once again (which is nothing but I've had to do a shop so at least it's a real nothing).

To top it all, I didn't get the job I went to the interview for, however I did apply for a second job at the same time, for the same area with the same person who interviewed me last week and I've now been invited to interview for that one. And I've still got a couple more days off before I have to go back to work. :D

I was once approached outside the local Coop by a youth who asked me to get him 20 Richmonds, when I appeared 5 minutes later with a pound of sausages he was none too pleased.

Had he chickened out?

Just had a text from the missus saying she has had the dry boak all morning. The cause of this was her encountering my rather stubborn morning train driver's parcel I left in the bog before going to work which, after 5 flushes, she had to finally employ a bamboo cane from the back garden see it on its way.

Gbxx90A.gif

What have I told you. Keep a wire coat hanger in the lavvy, for slicing and clearing purposes

After 3 weekends in I'm going out tomorrow and Saturday. Mates house tomorrow then Dundee, drinking all day Saturday and Arbroath at night for another 2 mates flat warming.

Been sitting listening to some classics in work all afternoon for the first time in ages to get me in the mood, Darude, Robert Miles, Faithless, Underworld, Sash, Ian Van Dahl etc etc. :ph34r:

Not a bad Thursday at all.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Tebbit it is the sort of c**t who will argue with the Styx ferryman about the price of the boat trip.

Mebbe he'll fit floats to his dad's bike and pedal his way across. Soon as you like, Norman.......

Edited by Rudolph Hucker