Best nicknames you've heard

I have a mate who's nickname is Blue (his real surname is Green), and this is purely based on someone calling him Blue when he was in primary school. He's 28 now and I can't recall ever referring to him by his real name, it's always Blue.

I also knew a guy called biscuit (surname McVitie) and a Morton fan who gets called Dougie due to his resemblance to Dougie Donnelly apparently (I've never seen it myself).

Another one I remember is a bird in my last work, who was dubbed "Arnold Clark". Quite a tenuous one, she looked like she was halfway through a sex change, so she was initially called mid op transexual, which was shortened to M.O.T, which then turned into Arnold Clark.

ETA: f**k knows whats going on with the font on this one.

Edited by Confidemus

Another one I remember is a bird in my last work, who was dubbed "Arnold Clark". Quite a tenuous one, she looked like she was halfway through a sex change, so she was initially called mid op transexual, which was shortened to M.O.T, which then turned into Arnold Clark.

ETA: f**k knows whats going on with the font on this one.

That's as contrived as a character in the Jennings Books. The guy had the initials CAT, which was turned into DOG, short for dogsbody, and so he was known as Bod.

I taught a kid once who had bright ginger hair, was fairly robustly built and always wore a bright orange puffa jacket, hence Satsuma

And, I have a very good friend I've known since high school with the nick name Squider. No idea why, he's just always been Squider. I know several people hve asked him over the years and every answer he's given has been totally different.