Fallout 4

Goran

I can't play it on FPS mode with anything smaller than a super mutant. I rely wholly on VATS.

There was a perk in Fallout 3 that refilled your VATS action points if you killed someone, don't think it exists in Fallout 4. Was my most useful perk in FO3.

Isnt there? I thought I saw that, or something similar in the PERKS. There are weapons that do similar things too

Isnt there? I thought I saw that, or something similar in the PERKS. There are weapons that do similar things too

Maybe I'm missing it then. Will need to have another look.

I've actually been really enjoying this a lot over the past few days after being quite underwhelmed for the first few weeks after it came out.

Quick question: what perk governs shotgun damage? Is it rifleman as shotguns aren't automatic?

Edited by Gaz

Really fucked off with that guy, trying to complete the Silver Shroud side quest (quite lat ein the game, but hey ho) but Hancock is stuck in a dialogue loop from earlier in the game when he becomes available as a companion. Playing on a PS4 so can't even use a console command to hack it. Suppose I won't be able to finish that quest now.

add him as companion and then chat to him - I had the same issue, he was in sanctuary hills and just wanted to give me drugs or ask if going for a wander/

preston does this as well if the castle is looking for you and you are cashing in some easy settlement quest

I tried to protect them but after I had killed the gunners the stupid c**t parents started shooting at me.

I won the speech check and went straight out and wiped the b*****ds ( they were walking round the back)

Maybe I'm missing it then. Will need to have another look.

I've actually been really enjoying this a lot over the past few days after being quite underwhelmed for the first few weeks after it came out.

Quick question: what perk governs shotgun damage? Is it rifleman as shotguns aren't automatic?

No, you're right. There are a couple that are close though :

Grim Reaper's Sprint

Death becomes you! Any kill in V.A.T.S. has a 15% chance to restore all Action Points.

Four Leaf Clover

Feeling Lucky? You should! Each hit in V.A.T.S. has a chance of filling your Critical meter.

This is a nice little site if you want some help planning out perks

Fallout lab

ETA - the Grim Reaper perk goes up to 25%, then 35% with each rank

Edited by Mr X

Still unsure on whether to get this, I loved Skyrim but I've never played a Fallout game before, are they similar in terms of open-worldness etc.?

I was in the exact same boat as you in terms of what I'd played, I'd recommend you get it- for me the main difference from the way I played Skyrim was the combat system i.e. there are guns- I know you could use fireballs etc in Skyrim but the range of weapons is much greater, especially when taken together with VATS (bullet time type targeting system).

Similar in that you can just wander about discovering locations, enemies, and loot, or you can plough through the main story or side quests, so you can go at your own pace. I think the perks system in this when you level up is better as well.

Still unsure on whether to get this, I loved Skyrim but I've never played a Fallout game before, are they similar in terms of open-worldness etc.?

Yes, basically exactly the same game mechanics. As Fuctifano said the main difference is the weapons and therefore the combat. Everything else will be very familiar.

So......I spent an hour last night just trying to build a big fort around my workhouse as soon as I got out the vault.

I put lights up, got a generator but it wouldn't let me attach the wire brtwen the 2.

As I write this I realise I probably need to get a switch and run the wire from generator to switch and then to my light - is that right?

So......I spent an hour last night just trying to build a big fort around my workhouse as soon as I got out the vault.

I put lights up, got a generator but it wouldn't let me attach the wire brtwen the 2.

As I write this I realise I probably need to get a switch and run the wire from generator to switch and then to my light - is that right?

No, more likely you want a pylon not a switch. Its easy to tell if thats what you need. Drag the power line away from the generator. If it turns red before it reaches the light, then the two are too far apart and you need a pylon in between. You can attach multiple generators and multiple items to the same pylon which makes things easier too

ETA - things like lights come on automatically once they have power to them

Edited by Mr X

No, more likely you want a pylon not a switch. Its easy to tell if thats what you need. Drag the power line away from the generator. If it turns red before it reaches the light, then the two are too far apart and you need a pylon in between. You can attach multiple generators and multiple items to the same pylon which makes things easier too

ETA - things like lights come on automatically once they have power to them

Cheers.

This will be the first of many mundane questions about how I build stuff.

I spent ages scrapping houses last night then building new ones before I realised I could've just walled the whole street/block off in half the time for a greater overall structure.

You live and learn.

Cheers.

This will be the first of many mundane questions about how I build stuff.

I spent ages scrapping houses last night then building new ones before I realised I could've just walled the whole street/block off in half the time for a greater overall structure.

You live and learn.

My best tip for building, especially walls is to use concrete foundations. They level the ground off so you get less walls floating in mid air.

Hope thats not too late for you :lol:

My best tip for building sleeping quarters is that you can put a ladder in the middle of the settlement and build a massive mansion above everybody's heads that's supported by it alone.

Bethesda are clearly adherents to Wisbit's gravitational theory.

My best tip for building, especially walls is to use concrete foundations. They level the ground off so you get less walls floating in mid air.

Hope thats not too late for you :lol:

Haven't even seen foundations in the menu.

My work schedule leaves me tight for time so I haven't been back since my first wee bash at it. Hoping to really hammer it tomorrow night.

I had one last thing to do when someone mentioned slaughtering everyone in Diamond City to finish, though Ellie Perkins plus the kids (obvs) are invincible.

That last thing was chucking a grenade into the middle of this lot.

attachicon.gif20160119_193827.jpg

Your transition to the dark side is complete, my apprentice. ;)

Holy shit going through the glowing sea to speak to Virgil was a task and a half! Fucktonne of Radscorpions, stingwings and bloodbugs plus two Deathclaws! Got there in the end without dying, like a boss :guntoting