Fallout 4

Goran

I've pressed LB on occasion and it slows everything down, I just didn't know that's what VATS was. When it's over an enemy it's shows numbers over body parts but I didn't really know what to make of it so didn't use it. Can I fire at an enemy while it's all slowed down?

You can select a body part or weapon or projectile to hit, it'll give you a percentage chance of hitting it and then do the shooting or swinging for you once you exit vats. It's not much fun and a bit of a waste of the much improved shooting mechanics.

yeah, the numbers are the % chance of a successful shot, if you use the left stick to flick between body parts -or right stick to flick between enemies- then R2 to select, then X to fire, or X then square quickly if critical meter is filled to do a critical shot. (don't know what Xbox / PC equivalents are, sorry)

Obviously headshots do most damage but have the lowest % chance -until you get max affinity perk with one of the characters- but you can shoot off limbs / disarm folk by targeting those parts. Also you only get a limited number of shots in this method as they cost action points and you have to wait for that to refill before you can use it again, higher damage weapons might only get you one or two shots in VATS.

That's crazy, I never met a thing in the Glowing Sea. I strolled it and I was only about level 13.

It was unreal. I was lucky that I had stocked on enough ammo and upgraded all of my power armour to the 'B' class which provided some extra girth. In all honesty, I didn't take much damage because I just used my Fatboy to kill one Deathclaw and the other had a lot of its health dissipated because a legendary Radscorpion and a couple of ordinary ones were fighting it on top of a a hill previous to it attacking me. Just took it out with a few blows with my shotgun and Righteous Authority. Before that a lot of ghouls (10+) attacked me at the start of the Glowing Sea. It looked like a misty pool of radiation that they were all congregated in.

I've pressed LB on occasion and it slows everything down, I just didn't know that's what VATS was. When it's over an enemy it's shows numbers over body parts but I didn't really know what to make of it so didn't use it. Can I fire at an enemy while it's all slowed down?

Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System.

Basically you're slowing down real-time and the numbers give you a percentage chance of hitting that certain part of the body. The red bar above the targeted enemy will then highlight how much damage it will do should you successfully hit the part you've selected.

If you think that was bad, you should try playing the original Fallouts VATS. Horrible.

Does anyone else find it harder to deal with King Mirelurks than Deathclaws? The sound the King Mirelurks omit is seriously disorienting (really damaging to health too) and the noise is horrific to endure when you're floundering about trying to kill it.

Cheers for the info. Although it may save me a dose of ammo (I go through a lot) it does seem like a may take the fun out of it, but I'll give it a bash regardless.

Does anyone else find it harder to deal with King Mirelurks than Deathclaws? The sound the King Mirelurks omit is seriously disorienting (really damaging to health too) and the noise is horrific to endure when you're floundering about trying to kill it.

King mirelurks are a nightmare. Done this side mission for the BoS to pick up some tech at this boat site. Took out a few mirelurks And then ran into two kings. They started chasing me, so ran away to be greeted by a squad of super mutants who helped take them out. Was heading back to the site and clocked a legendary King mirelurk sitting on a boat. Started taking shots at it with a sniper, it evolved but just continued sitting there while I used about 50 rounds to eventually kill it. Went away to get my tea, Xbox turned off and hadn't saved. Bilin'. Haven't bothered going back to that mission. Edited by wasted

Cheers for the info. Although it may save me a dose of ammo (I go through a lot) it does seem like a may take the fun out of it, but I'll give it a bash regardless.

It helps with the ammo conservation and some breathing space if you have a good number of them (ghoul pack)

Also if you have mysterious stranger perk he pops up every now and then

I genuinely can't play the game without VATS. I nearly gave up on Fallout 3 back in the day as I could not play it as an FPS.

Building is a pain in the arse. Trying to build and kit out a love nest for Piper and me but my prefabs always end up squint. Trying to use the base of an old ruined house I scrapped but by the last prefab block I'm usually hanging off the edge of the foundation. Also nice of the game to tell you that you only get half resources by scrapping built items but full resources if you store them for later use. So much that the game almost deliberately hides.

Having devoted about 30 hours and spent half of it grinding through minutemen missions, I'm tempted to start again now I almost know what I'm doing. But that would mean scrapping 21 levels of player development and successfully getting it on with Piper.

Anyone else find this one?

That's me about 60hrs in and still haven't been to the glowing sea (level 40). Spent most of the time trying to salvage parts for weapons. Currently have violent powerful automatic shotgun (does 25% more limb damage), Kellogs pistol and a sniper rifle that ignores 30% of armour.

It's amazing the amount of time I have spent just wondering about and more often than not getting sidetracked. Gone through 5 companions now, build up the infinity then send them to a settlement (let's hope Cait and Piper never meet).

Think I prefer this over NV and like it has a bit more variety in visuals than 3. Still got Battlefront, Tomb raider, Witcher 3 and couple of other games to work through so might take a while

post-11585-14533658377107_thumb.jpg

Aye, you get loads of Junkie infused weapons. I tend to palm them off on the rattiest-looking settlers I can find in the hope that they'll be useful.

Anyone else never use chems? I'm yet to find a use for them, going back to Fallout 3. I might have used Mentats once or twice for skill checks, but that's it.

Aye, you get loads of Junkie infused weapons. I tend to palm them off on the rattiest-looking settlers I can find in the hope that they'll be useful.

Anyone else never use chems? I'm yet to find a use for them, going back to Fallout 3. I might have used Mentats once or twice for skill checks, but that's it.

No, but I still carry a ton around "just in case" :lol:

I did have to use the one that slows down time to save Kent Connolly, though.

No, but I still carry a ton around "just in case" :lol:

I did have to use the one that slows down time to save Kent Connolly, though.

Aye, they don't weigh much, and I'm as much a hoarder in the game as real life :P

I reloaded after finding Kent to make sure I was wearing my Charisma clothes. The shame!