SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

I signed up to a worm/flea/boosters plan so new vet. shug had his initial top to toe today. Vet said he had good muscle tone. I don't know how to attach the mem of the ripped dog but that's how I imagine shug walked out!

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I signed up to a worm/flea/boosters plan so new vet. shug had his initial top to toe today. Vet said he had good muscle tone. I don't know how to attach the mem of the ripped dog but that's how I imagine shug walked out!

Aye we've got that plan too. £14/month seems a lot but then on the previous quarter his nibs deciced to spit out his Bravecto (and I don't blame him, they smell rancid to even me) and the vet then wanted to charge us £45 for a replacement! So when you factor in the anti-worm, flea, tick and annual booster, the plan seems (and yes I know I'm a sucker) something of a deal.

Fairly sure however that I've read on here that @Rizzo has more natural options as preventative measures?

32 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Aye we've got that plan too. £14/month seems a lot but then on the previous quarter his nibs deciced to spit out his Bravecto (and I don't blame him, they smell rancid to even me) and the vet then wanted to charge us £45 for a replacement! So when you factor in the anti-worm, flea, tick and annual booster, the plan seems (and yes I know I'm a sucker) something of a deal.

Fairly sure however that I've read on here that @Rizzo has more natural options as preventative measures?

Yeah, shadow needed a full set vaccines as it didn't look as though she'd had any since she was 8 weeks. I was paying vetbox for worm/flea etc so changed to this.

Shug also had his anal glads cleared, he stinks. Shadow was there today at a slightly later time as her skin has flared up. Had choice of more steroids or a Jag which i Wen for, hoping it's seasonal. £102 a go, can claim on insurance but if she doesn't need any more I won't. Bloody primadona breads. Give me a moungral any day!

On 19/07/2023 at 07:21, alta-pete said:

@RH33 re the anal glands - vet told us to put a handful of dry All Bran in with his meals to increase his fibre intake. Seems to work, he’s not needed them done since. 

Raw bone will do the same job!

We use a combo of a herbal supplement, a spray and raw garlic at this time of the year for ticks and such. 

Skye has been at the vets last week as we were noticing she was a bit leaky in the house which she's never done. Turns out she's had a minor UTI but passed her annual MOT yesterday after a wee round of antibiotics and is back to being able to hold her water.

20230720_161245.jpg

Had a knock at my door earlier. Was a girl with a Frenchie. She asked if it was mine as it had ran up to her outside my house and kept following her. I took it from her and the wife posted on Facebook about it. I put a harness on it and spent over an hour walking around with it in the hope that the owner would appear. They never. Gave it to my daughter to look after as my own dogs were too excited around it. My daughter contacted the local police to hand it in. They told her that if nobody was available at the station to take it then she should just let it go……….wtf.

There was someone at the station who has taken it. Cannot believe what the police said and also cannot believe that the owner was not combing the streets looking for it.

1 hour ago, supermik said:

Had a knock at my door earlier. Was a girl with a Frenchie. She asked if it was mine as it had ran up to her outside my house and kept following her. I took it from her and the wife posted on Facebook about it. I put a harness on it and spent over an hour walking around with it in the hope that the owner would appear. They never. Gave it to my daughter to look after as my own dogs were too excited around it. My daughter contacted the local police to hand it in. They told her that if nobody was available at the station to take it then she should just let it go……….wtf.

There was someone at the station who has taken it. Cannot believe what the police said and also cannot believe that the owner was not combing the streets looking for it.

Poor mite, hopefully he/she finds their way home. 

She is a beautiful dog. She is a blue/grey brindle colour. My own Frenchie was a mother to a similar dog and the owners had it up for sale at £3100.. hence the reason why I am surprised that the owner was not out looking for her

It'll probably be taken to the cat and dog home till the owners are located. When I worked across the road from it, the polis would be there multiple times a day handing dogs in.

11 hours ago, supermik said:

She is a beautiful dog. She is a blue/grey brindle colour. My own Frenchie was a mother to a similar dog and the owners had it up for sale at £3100.. hence the reason why I am surprised that the owner was not out looking for her

£3k for a dog, that's crazy. I'm not a fan of Frenchies and other similar sized breeds. That's a significant wad of cash to then misplace it.