The Alloa Athletic Thread

7 minutes ago, printer said:

I thought there was a chance we might get Kevin O'Hara. Not sure what his options are for a full-time deal, but I think he would complement the strikers we have already.

i have not seen a single rumour or hint about where he will end up , which is strange 

it would be an excellent signing,  who knows 

And as I type  Kurtis roberts  Signs from Clyde  .

Edited by Vegetableman

11 minutes ago, printer said:

I thought there was a chance we might get Kevin O'Hara. Not sure what his options are for a full-time deal, but I think he would complement the strikers we have already.

Fairly sure he'll end up at Cove or Hamilton. Giving up that full-time gig is difficult. I'm expecting them to go into the league cup with threadbare squads and get desperate to snap up anyone half passable who can manage full time.

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Fairly sure he'll end up at Cove or Hamilton. Giving up that full-time gig is difficult. I'm expecting them to go into the league cup with threadbare squads and get desperate to snap up anyone half passable who can manage full time.

Doubt he'll end up with us, maybe Accies though. I'd imagine you will be spot on with the threadbare squad starting the league cup!

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Doubt he'll end up with us, maybe Accies though. I'd imagine you will be spot on with the threadbare squad starting the league cup!

For you guys especially it's not hard to predict. I don't remember you ever having particular strength in depth just investing in tried and tested players. (Guess it comes a cropper when you pick up a few injuries which I get the impression you had last season. Although I'm sure you can tell me if I'm mistaken) 

39 minutes ago, printer said:

He's been linked with us (Accies) but I don't know how much truth there is to it.

1 hour ago, Magic Hat said:

Have to say happy with the first three signings. If we are signing only players that have played for the Wasps previously can we have O'Hara, Henderson and Zanetta next.

I don't mind Zannata but he has been very disappointed for us wouldn't mind if he left us tbh.

29 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

For you guys especially it's not hard to predict. I don't remember you ever having particular strength in depth just investing in tried and tested players. (Guess it comes a cropper when you pick up a few injuries which I get the impression you had last season. Although I'm sure you can tell me if I'm mistaken) 

We are definitely an unknown coming back to L1. Until we build out our squad I have no idea where we'll place. We're probably not even done with shipping players out yet. When we won L1 we had a strong core, mostly experienced, but little depth as you say. 

2nd half of last season was a complete disaster as was well publicised. Losing Fyvie and Yule was a massive blow as was losing Gilmour prior to Christmas. Any one or two of then would have gone along way to picking up a few more points.

Rice looks to be stepping up his recruitment and adding well. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I don't mind Zannata but he has been very disappointed for us wouldn't mind if he left us tbh.

Yeah, I get that.

Dario is Dario. Very inconsistent, but capable of winning matches on his own.

I thought he was ideal for us in the Championship. Won us a lot of points. He could hurt defences at that level enough to gain key wins/points for us when it was all about survival.

I've not been surprised he's struggled at times with the full-time gigs he's had since then at clubs which have "higher" ambition at Championship level.

I do think he's better through the middle though.

Good business today. Stevie is obviously class but I was also really impressed by PJ when we had him previously and that should be a very good addition. Devine was one I wasn't totally convinced about initially last season but he did really well when he came back and was outstanding in the first leg against Accies. If we can keep him fit and on that form then also a really good signing. 

Roberts I don't know loads about but impressing for that Clyde team is a great effort. Hopefully he can do a turn. 

Clearly still short at LB, CB and also a quick striker. 

7 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Tease !   according to Arbroath fans  Stevie can fill in at LB fairly well 

Not sure that'll be good enough, seeing as we have had a run of the best left backs in Europe, which only stopped when we signed Daniel Church. 😏

1 hour ago, printer said:

Yeah, I get that.

Dario is Dario. Very inconsistent, but capable of winning matches on his own.

I thought he was ideal for us in the Championship. Won us a lot of points. He could hurt defences at that level enough to gain key wins/points for us when it was all about survival.

I've not been surprised he's struggled at times with the full-time gigs he's had since then at clubs which have "higher" ambition at Championship level.

I do think he's better through the middle though.

Yeah tbf he was better in games against league 1 sides last scored scored 2 against yourselves 1 against QOTS which effectively got us to a cup final. A lot of our fans hate Zannata I personally don't mind him but he needs to get his act together if he does stay next season or his career is in big trouble. We have been strongly linked with Euan Henderson a guy Alloa fans will know very well so if Henderson signs that means Zannata will be in even bigger trouble and won't likely be a starter so will really need to get his act together cause I don't imagine been on the bench every week in league 1 is in his plans.

Glad to see Stevie back. Not surprised that Arbroath would've liked to keep him.

Seems that there are a number of players who are apparently poor for Falkirk, but who were performers elsewhere at the same level either before or afterward. Makes you wonder what the issue actually is there.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I also can’t see Ohara wanting to play for Hartley.

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah tbf he was better in games against league 1 sides last scored scored 2 against yourselves 1 against QOTS which effectively got us to a cup final.

It really didnt. Ryan One got you to a cup final by scoring the winner in ET.