The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Its 2 for the red, one for the 2nd sending off of the season, and one for the unsuccesful appeal (deemed frivolous to get him back for the weekend).

Either that or I am an SFA shill 

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

Shinnie should’ve head butted Malky MacKay. 
He’d only have got two more games. 
Or maybe that’s special treatment reserved for one team. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Shinnie should’ve head butted Malky MacKay. 
He’d only have got two more games. 
Or maybe that’s special treatment reserved for one team. 

To be honest, Aberdeen fans should be pissed off with Shinnie as much as anyone else - he didnt need to make the tackle in that manner, and (iirc) it was about the 90th min or after in a match you were winning.

Dont disagree on headbutting the racist though........ 

The extra game is absolutely crap. However, it was pretty clear to me this appeal wasn't going to succeed. Ultimately Shinnie did catch Baldwin halfway up his shin, which does endanger Baldwin's safety (fully aware Baldwin endangers Shinnie also, which was missed). Unfortunately it is a red card offence in 2023.

That 3 officials on the field of play missed that is more to do with the standard of Scottish officiating at the top level being utterly pish than anything else.

I realise I'm going against the grain here, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if this gets reviewed again and overturned. Ever hopeful though. My real anger is at the extra game, which is pathetic and unnecessary, just as it was for Porteous last season. What's the point in an appeals system that punishes you further for using it?

2 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The extra game is absolutely crap. However, it was pretty clear to me this appeal wasn't going to succeed. Ultimately Shinnie did catch Baldwin halfway up his shin, which does endanger Baldwin's safety (fully aware Baldwin endangers Shinnie also, which was missed). Unfortunately it is a red card offence in 2023.

That 3 officials on the field of play missed that is more to do with the standard of Scottish officiating at the top level being utterly pish than anything else.

I realise I'm going against the grain here, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if this gets reviewed again and overturned. Ever hopeful though. My real anger is at the extra game, which is pathetic and unnecessary, just as it was for Porteous last season. What's the point in an appeals system that punishes you further for using it?

In addition to your comment about the appeals process, how can it be deemed frivolous when the on field officials all missed it?!

I thought the appeal was a waste of time. Much like mccrories, not because I think it’s a red but because it just seems a no hoper. You can see why they made a decision so it’s not going to be overturned. 

The extra game is rancid. It just feels vindictive, it’s totally subjective by the panel to say it’s frivolous. There’s enough precedent with the Nicky clark red being reduced to make it a reasonable claim, if not one that actually gets overturned. 

The authorities have their priorities very badly wrong on what they decide to be ‘tough’ on. Punishing clubs for utilising their appeal system seems a particularly strange one. I don’t remember the porteous one but it is mental too if it happened. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I thought the appeal was a waste of time. Much like mccrories, not because I think it’s a red but because it just seems a no hoper. You can see why they made a decision so it’s not going to be overturned. 

The extra game is rancid. It just feels vindictive, it’s totally subjective by the panel to say it’s frivolous. There’s enough precedent with the Nicky clark red being reduced to make it a reasonable claim, if not one that actually gets overturned. 

The authorities have their priorities very badly wrong on what they decide to be ‘tough’ on. Punishing clubs for utilising their appeal system seems a particularly strange one. I don’t remember the porteous one but it is mental too if it happened. 

You rightly mention precedent.

Incredibly, those abhorrent shower of p***ks at the SFA do not allow precedent in their decision process.

How the f**k do they expect consistency in their decisions when they don’t allow precedent? 

24 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

In addition to your comment about the appeals process, how can it be deemed frivolous when the on field officials all missed it?!

The referee deemed it to be a clear red card after viewing the footage, as did the panel.

Let’s face it, the appeal was never going to succeed. The tackle can clearly be seen as a red card with the current laws of the game. Aside from developing some kind of siege mentality, it’s completely backfired and we’re without our captain for another key fixture.