Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Strange one. Screaming for us to hire an experienced head who knew the league two weeks ago.

Screenshot_20240413-172536.png

Stewart was decent when he first came on the scene but he's very quickly become a parody of himself 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Arguing over nothing at the minute.

Aye he's being an utter dick right now.

"Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, Kenny... Kenny, Kenny"

"Do you want to let me speak" x8

Edited by Hauzen

4 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Aye he's being an utter dick right now.

"Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, Kenny... Kenny, Kenny"

"Do you want to let me speak" x8

He wasn't wrong tbf, but it was embarrassing to listen to and very unprofessional.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

He wasn't wrong tbf, but it was embarrassing to listen to and very unprofessional.

To be honest I wonder if Michael Stewart is having some form of mental issues. Argues about the most mundane things.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yeah, it was dire listening.  This sort of thing didn't happen nearly as often when Richard Gordon was helming the programme, either.

And again, I was in the car for about 45 minutes and never heard the scores from anything other than the premier games.  Just about every game in the Championship had consequences for relegation and playoff places, and I'm sure the same was true in Leagues 1 and 2, but rather than spend a couple of minutes giving the final scores and what placings are confirmed, we have not even coverage on the Hibs manager debate, but also Kenny asking Tom what he thought of Mikey disagreeing with Leanne about the Hibs manager.  Typical media arseholes who think that they're the most interesting and important part of any issue.

MacIntyre absolutely wants the pundits to genuinely dislike each other. He loves trying to stir shite.

He needs punted.

This evening was a new low and that's saying something. Michael Stewart should chuck it as he obviously hates doing it. Heard him going through the teams at Fir Park. My brother summed it up nicely by saying it was as if the was reading the teams whilst trying to watch the TV at the same time. 

It is near unlistenable now. The constant strive for 'debate' is excruciating.

2 minutes ago, PTR said:

It is near unlistenable now. The constant strive for 'debate' is excruciating.

Because of the top 6, OAM was actually quite listenable today. However at one point I'm pretty sure KMac said something like "how about the technology then" FFS.

VAR isn't perfect, but we don't need to fucking debate it all the fucking time 

Last week I turned it off after listening to Michael Stewart explain why Nick Montgomery has done a decent job having not lost since January. Apart from losing to St Mirren since January.

This week I turned it off when McIntyre asked Stewart to repeat his opinion from last week.

Got back in the car after the match, radio turns on with the key in the ignition, to Kenny McIntyre asking Stewart if his opinion had changed after the game.

Give it a fucking rest.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Michael Stewart was pathetic and unlistenable tonight as he always is.

FTFY. Wish they’d get rid of him, Tom English, Pat Bonner, Wullie Miller and the rest. 

They need to stop making the Saturday show like the old midweek discussions use to be. Get back to talking about the actions around all the leagues than the drivel they come away with at the moment 

51 minutes ago, Moorie said:

They need to stop making the Saturday show like the old midweek discussions use to be. Get back to talking about the actions around all the leagues than the drivel they come away with at the moment.

There was a point when Kenny Macintyre was trying to get a chat going about what the pundits' horse names would be and seemed to be frustrated that he was being interrupted with incidents from the games. Just ridiculous.

And then you had Michael Stewart having yet another breakdown, misusing the word bipartisan repeatedly as he accused MacIntyre of trying to manufacture soundbites out of him.

But the "best" bit was Derek Lilley saying St Johnstone had gone 1-0 up then telling us the Kilmarnock goalscorer.

I absolutely hate the path OAM has taken. Was it part of the plan by the BBC to appoint McIntyre to whip up faux controversy purely in order to gain clicks and likes? It’s just turned into absolute rubbish. Get him so far to f**k honestly 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

MacIntyre absolutely wants the pundits to genuinely dislike each other. He loves trying to stir shite.

He needs punted.

Listened after the game, thinking it was a laugh and funny to just try wind Stewart up and get him to bite over anything.  He's meant to be anchor of the main weekend show for the national broadcaster.  He's utter shite.  He won't be replaced though, he talks enough about TRFC to keep him in the job.

After today's games it went something like this before I turned off "Comfortable win in the end for Celtic but it was nervy for a while. Bobby Madden, can you give us your thoughts on the penalty in last week's Rangers v Celtic game."

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

After today's games it went something like this before I turned off "Comfortable win in the end for Celtic but it was nervy for a while. Bobby Madden, can you give us your thoughts on the penalty in last week's Rangers v Celtic game."

Oh man. I zoned out at one point and was just so baffled why they were talking about it 

Would far rather listen to/watch the AVFTT guys doing some kind of results show, they can’t have anything resembling open all mics but even just a sportscene results type thing.  At least they would actually give some coverage to the things that matter up and down the leagues.