The Arbroath Thread

Posted (edited)

No clarity on a window of time for existing season ticket holders to renew their seat in the stand isn’t great. 3 days notice to fork out £280 of face losing my seats is really poor tbh. 

Edited by lichtiemike

11 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't want to be negative, but I thought prices would have dropped slightly, since we're playing in the league below?  Is that not normally the case?  

Probably yes, but as our Season Tickets have been held at the same price for at least the 2 seasons previously and also lower than any other Championship teams, then overall it is probably not bad. 

4 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Probably yes, but as our Season Tickets have been held at the same price for at least the 2 seasons previously and also lower than any other Championship teams, then overall it is probably not bad. 

That's true actually.  Fair enough!

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Season ticket prices frozen. That’s really good to see. 

I think with the amount of dross most of you guys have had to watch the last couple of seasons, you be getting a discount for renewing.

4 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

We're playing 4 4 f***ing 2 nil down.

The result is irrelevant,

But don't understand what Bird, Dow, Gold, Mackinnon and McIntish are being asked to do, 

Slater sitting in midfield rest all over the place 

Posted (edited)

Going to file this season under horrific and never speak of it again.

We do like giving Raith a 2 0 start though so you never know.

Edited by Hammerafc
Add

I'm looking forward to the post match discussion between the people who always seem to see positive signs, and the people who think the last 21 matches have been dead rubbers and irrelevant.   Still, good to build a bit of momentum to take us into the new season. 

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm looking forward to the post match discussion between the people who always seem to see positive signs, and the people who think the last 21 matches have been dead rubbers and irrelevant.   Still, good to build a bit of momentum to take us into the new season. 

I genuinely do not care - our seasons been over a long time - if we had a really good side it would be a struggle still in a hard league - we don’t - we are down and I will start caring once the final whistle blows tonight 

Why do they put the POTM vote up at half time instead of full time and what's almost worse is that people vote before half the game is even played. 

Just makes no sense to me.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I genuinely do not care - our seasons been over a long time - if we had a really good side it would be a struggle still in a hard league - we don’t - we are down and I will start caring once the final whistle blows tonight 

Do you think he is the right man do take us forward,

Can ge be trusted?

Taking away all the excuses and being a dead rubber, does anyone actually think he deserves the chance?

4 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Do you think he is the right man do take us forward,

Can ge be trusted?

Taking away all the excuses and being a dead rubber, does anyone actually think he deserves the chance?

I do not know

I do know I did think there was some promising early signs

I do think that guys like Stewart, Dow and Gallagher - and also Colin Hamilton especially who could’ve been off to join Dick - obviously see something in the guy

I have met the guy and thought he was a top man

I think he’s had an absolute horror show to contend with - never seen anything like it injury wise in all my time supporting Arbroath 

I am not a massive fan and was calling for a change just a few weeks ago - but breaking it down and putting that into perspective who takes over? We do not know any of the plans McIntyre has in place 

So not going to be selfish enough to believe I think I’m right over everyone in the board room - he’s got a target for next year and I’ll judge him based off of that target 

Remember when people were saying "10 cup finals!!!"?   We've lost every single one of those cup finals, and now people are revising them back to being dead rubbers.  Our next season won't start until he is gone.