Organ Donor Opt Out Bill

...which translates to, "I'm scared of needles and would rather slander our health service than admit the truth" :P

We used to buy in blood stocks from the States, actually, until it became obvious that their screening process was dreadful and people here were being infected with diseases like HIV and Hepatitis. The wife's from the US, and she was shocked to find that donors aren't paid here, 'cause it's the only way they can get enough people to donate over there.

Thanks for reminding me about blood donation BTW; I've been off the list for the past year because I'm scared of needles I was on blood thinners, but now that's over I need to get back onto it :P

I went to a San Diego Chargers blood drive 15 years ago and the convention centre was mobbed with donors. There were bands playing and loads of free food and t-shirts for everyone. They wouldn't let me give because of mad cow disease here but I got the grub and T-shirt anyway. The Blood Transfusion are at Alloa Town hall from July 7th Tabster... I am on the organ donors register and have been for years, it should be compulsory with an opt out in my opinion.

Ooft, that pickled boaby has put me right off the idea. Think I'll just cut it off and bury it somewhere before I die. They're welcome to the rest.

I went to a San Diego Chargers blood drive 15 years ago and the convention centre was mobbed with donors. There were bands playing and loads of free food and t-shirts for everyone. They wouldn't let me give because of mad cow disease here but I got the grub and T-shirt anyway. The Blood Transfusion are at Alloa Town hall from July 7th Tabster... I am on the organ donors register and have been for years, it should be compulsory with an opt out in my opinion.

Thanks for that - they've stopped sending me the letters since I had to stop donating for a while :angry:

I'll head along and see if I'm tasty enough for the vampires yet :P

Maggots are just going to eat your eyes anyway. Might as well give them to some poor bairn who can't see.

Given the size differential, I would think an average adult's eyes would look kind googly in a bairn though, no?

I'm registered but given the abuse my liver has taken over the years, I'm not sure anyone will want it.

Given the size differential, I would think an average adult's eyes would look kind googly in a bairn though, no?

I'm registered but given the abuse my liver has taken over the years, I'm not sure anyone will want it.

f**k them if they want a pair of eyes they'll have to take what they can. fair enough they might look like a fucking imbecile but rather that than never see anything.

Your eyeballs are fully grown when you're born and are the same size your whole life.

I will donate my organs, after death, if someone pays me now for the harvesting rights.

I think that this is as morally just as my government claiming ownership of my body.

I will donate my organs, after death, if someone pays me now for the harvesting rights.

I think that this is as morally just as my government claiming ownership of my body.

The government aren't selling your bits. HTH.

Feel free to opt out and go to your grave happy that you'll be helping nae c**t.

f**k them if they want a pair of eyes they'll have to take what they can. fair enough they might look like a fucking imbecile but rather that than never see anything.

Fair enough. If you see a kid wandering aboot with bloodshot eyes then, they probably got them from me. :-)

Your eyeballs are fully grown when you're born and are the same size your whole life.

This I didn't know. Every day's a school day on P&B.

The government aren't selling your bits. HTH.

Feel free to opt out and go to your grave happy that you'll be helping nae c**t.

The NHS will be privatised soon enough.