When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

She insists on reading the Daily Mail. Meh, shel vote whatever way I tell  her to so it's another yes on the pile. Her political indifference came to head last GE when she said she was going to vote tory and I told her she was free to do so, with divorce as the consequence. 

Aye, well played.

She'll be itching to vote tory now.

A few of my fiancee's family are Tory voters, not due to any massive belief in the their policies, but purely because they can't stand "Wee Nic".
If she starts voting Tory she's out [emoji23]  
This what it's all about. If you are lazy or disinterested about politics in this country, then the chances are strongly weighted in favour of the only info you have got in recent years being WEE NIPPY type shite and JEZZA IS A TERRORIST!!!@!. Indeed, Corbyn bashing was one of things she came out with in the run up last time, having bought into the narrative that only the Tories can save us from the terrorist.

I did enough to educate her away (combined with the threats) but it's way too tiring to try and educate someone who simply isnt interested. Indyref 1 certainly improved political engagement in Scotland so I think (hope) we might be better placed this time to be able to navigate around media bullshit, but by f**k that stream of bullshit will be fast flowing and deep.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This what it's all about. If you are lazy or disinterested about politics in this country, then the chances are strongly weighted in favour of the only info you have got in recent years being WEE NIPPY type shite and JEZZA IS A TERRORIST!!!@!. Indeed, Corbyn bashing was one of things she came out with in the run up last time, having bought into the narrative that only the Tories can save us from the terrorist.

I did enough to educate her away (combined with the threats) but it's way too tiring to try and educate someone who simply isnt interested. Indyref 1 certainly improved political engagement in Scotland so I think (hope) we might be better placed this time to be able to navigate around media bullshit, but by f**k that stream of bullshit will be fast flowing and deep.

They are already wheeling out a couple of classics like Shetland Independence and the low oil prices being an albatross round the nations neck. Now Cummings government have placed their man at the top of the BBC it will be a full on assault.

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

They are already wheeling out a couple of classics like Shetland Independence and the low oil prices being an albatross round the nations neck. Now Cummings government have placed their man at the top of the BBC it will be a full on assault.

The problem with this is the fact they they will be (following the lead of Johnsins govt) allowed to simply fire off unchecked lies. And once energy has been spent debunking said lie, it will simply be brushed aside and the next lie loaded up. It takes zero effort to fire out lies and half truths to a massive audience, then it takes quite a load to disprove it, whilst getting little coverage as part of the agenda. 

In indyref1, the high profile better together folk did all the attacking and they had people employed to spend all their time on facebook immediately pushing back on any time a Yes person said anything. By contrast on the Yes side both high profile folk and volunteers/paid staff were doing the debunking which just bogged them down in detail which immediately loses a big chunk of people's attention. They need to learn and copy this element of better together's tactics this time. High profile Yes people need to just ignore lies and push their agenda with a brass neck.
Aye, trying to keep the whole thing civilised and honest wont work when your opponent has already discovered (and had reinforced by Brexit and even the Covid crisis) that telling the truth is not neccessary.

Never mind this shite. Did you get your hole?

It’s a really interesting one (even leaving aside the Law on international boundaries).

It’s difficult to spin to someone in the Central Belt that oil is worthless, and at the same time that they should be “worried” about Shetland splitting away.

55 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s a really interesting one (even leaving aside the Law on international boundaries).

It’s difficult to spin to someone in the Central Belt that oil is worthless, and at the same time that they should be “worried” about Shetland splitting away.

It also completely ignores maritime border laws and highlights just how utterly clueless the vast majority of people are about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/ewan-mcgregor-scottish-independence-bill-maher-brexit-indyref2-b433661.html%3famp

Ewan McGregor has said “it’s time” for Scottish Independence after he voted No in 2014. What a boy. The unionists are, as you can imagine, utterly seething about this - with most of the social media comments being “he doesn’t even live here, he lives in LA!!1!1!1” [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/ewan-mcgregor-scottish-independence-bill-maher-brexit-indyref2-b433661.html%3famp

Ewan McGregor has said “it’s time” for Scottish Independence after he voted No in 2014. What a boy. The unionists are, as you can imagine, utterly seething about this - with most of the social media comments being “he doesn’t even live here, he lives in LA!!1!1!1” emoji38.png

All Scots born people must get a vote in the next referendum....

Spoiler

apart from Ewan McGregor.

On a serious note, always knew Ewan was one fo the good guys.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Thought something interesting had happened but it's yet more endless drivel about "Mrs B". 

Felt like I was going to cringe myself into a comma reading the last couple of pages tbqhwy.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Ewan McGregor has said “it’s time” for Scottish Independence after he voted No in 2014. What a boy. The unionists are, as you can imagine, utterly seething about this - with most of the social media comments being “he doesn’t even live here, he lives in LA!!1!1!1” emoji38.png

George Galloway to u-turn next imo.

Oooft. Marshy following me about the forum and now having snide digs about my family.... For such a beige poster, I am certainly doing something right when it comes to rattling the more dreadful posters of the forum.

It's not intentional though tbf, so if he can maybe just apologise for that low order content, I am sure everyone can move on.

This is going to become quite entertaining if independence continues to look more inevitable over time. Who will blink in an effort to maintain a political career in an independent Scotland?

Will we ever see a day when the Tank Commander claims that, well, I was never against Scotland being self-governing per se, just that it didn't seem that it was something the majority of Scots wanted, but times have changed and...?