When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Saw something the other day where someone said regardless of their actual physical appearance all tories are somehow bald, quite liked that.

About 35 years ago I was sitting in a guy’s house watching a bit of the Tory Party conference when, looking at the delegates, he remarked “It’s easy to see the Tories don’t believe in equality; some of them have three chins and others don’t have any”.

On 23/10/2020 at 12:46, Stormzy said:

Aha why do you think that? 

You need to calm doon.

Take a leaf oot o my book and settle doon in front o a roarin beech fire, westie on my lap, a hefty helping o Macallans finest in the glass, hamemade shortbreed wi a slight burn at hand and Gary Innes on Radio Scotland with his Scottish Dance Band request show.

Heaven.

You'll be amazed at the good it will do you.

On 22/10/2020 at 17:01, John Lambies Doos said:

Do you know if you tilted Norway round on its southern most point 180% that it's most northern tip would land on Morocco!

skynews-sir-billy-connolly_4505048.jpeg

I checked this many years ago and regret to inform you that it's false. It barely reaches the border between France and Spain. 

It's too late for me, save yourselves. 

consciousness-709143-400x300.jpg&key=87ce710aa846e9d51cae56187880bee270f5daa440ffb51b6337eae572424e9a

That’s what to do: build a big massive structure in the middle of SNP heartland to get the larvae back on the side of the hive that is the Union.

These folk are seriously thick as shite. Thick as fucking shite.

On 29/10/2020 at 21:06, DAFC. said:

These folk are seriously thick as shite. Thick as fucking shite.

Not nearly as thick as the mutton-headed tartan gonks who pollute these threads.  This is no surprise:

Edited by The_Kincardine

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not nearly as thick as the mutton-headed tartan gonks who pollute these threads.  This is no surprise:

Deary me....."mutton headed tartan gonks"........that is pathetic.

Almost as pathetic as quoting desperate Yoon tweeters who continue to hopelessly tweet to their ever diminishing echo chambers. 

You know the majority might actually be correct. Scotland's economy will perform better after independence.

18 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Deary me....."mutton headed tartan gonks"........that is pathetic.

Almost as pathetic as quoting desperate Yoon tweeters who continue to hopelessly tweet to their ever diminishing echo chambers. 

You know the majority might actually be correct. Scotland's economy will perform better after independence.

https://www.businessforscotland.com/5-reasons-why-an-independent-scotland-will-be-one-of-the-worlds-wealthiest-nations/

How about we look at facts rather than gut-fuelled opinions?

A selection of countries with a higher GDP PPP per capita than the UK:

Ireland

Iceland

Norway

Sweden

Finland

Denmark

Germany

Austria

Liechtenstein

Switzerland

France

Luxembourg

Netherlands

Belgium.

So that would be literally all of our neighbours in north-western Europe, then, including 9 countries about the same size as us or smaller.

The only reasons people laugh at the idea Scotland's economy could be better outside the UK are that they have no knowledge of economics, they have an inflated idea of the British economy and that they think Scotland is inherently a bit shit. I wonder how they think Finland makes so much money.

Scotland's economy might very well be worse off independent, but anyone who mocks the idea doesn't know what they're talking about.

46 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How about we look at facts rather than gut-fuelled opinions?

A selection of countries with a higher GDP PPP per capita than the UK:

Ireland

I stopped your list of shame right there.

Ireland has a lower average household income than the UK.  The rest of your pap is meaningless. Not in the least bit surprising.

I stopped your list of shame right there.

Ireland has a lower average household income than the UK.  The rest of your pap is meaningless. Not in the least bit surprising.

Income is absolutely meaningless unless you include the outgoings of a household of which Ireland’s are lower than the UK. It’s the same shite people use when they point out the price of a beer in Scandinavian countries without factoring in their higher income. The average adult in Ireland is actually better off than in the UK and they have around 8% of their population below the poverty line while the UK has around 15%. Your higher income also incorporates the South of England which is far higher than the rest of the UK so Scotland’s household income will likely be lower than the UK average and probably not much different from Ireland’s.

IMG_1661.jpg

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Income is absolutely meaningless unless you include the outgoings of a household of which Ireland’s are lower than the UK. It’s the same shite people use when they point out the price of a beer in Scandinavian countries without factoring in their higher income. The average adult in Ireland is actually better off than in the UK and they have around 8% of their population below the poverty line while the UK has around 15%. Your higher income also incorporates the South of England which is far higher than the rest of the UK so Scotland’s household income will likely be lower than the UK average and probably not much different from Ireland’s.

As I said, Ireland has a lower average household income than the UK.

Daft wee gordon's list was meaningless but not surprising to see you come in with your own list.