When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It will absolutely re-appear prior to the next election.

Typical tory scumbaggery political tactics.

Remember how they buried Boothby's participation in the homosexual orgies held by Ronnie Kray in the sixties, newspapers were banned from reporting.

It's how the tories and the establishment work, they feared Sturgeon and Independence so ran a discredit story. 

The society we live in and contribute to through taxes is controlled by Nazi type propaganda and political establishment to maintain the inequality, if you think otherwise you are a fool.

Where I live in the Highlands the 14 local newspapers are controlled by a tory right wing company, the same applies to local newspapers where you live.

Sounds like all life is an evil Tory conspiracy.

The Highlands must be a fun place.

54 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Sounds like all life is an evil Tory conspiracy.

The Highlands must be a fun place.

The tory establishment run the country to their dictate whether you make light of the fact or not.

25% of Tory MP's are private landlords.

The private schools in the UK, not the ones you and I went to, are classed as charities so that the privileged are educated in part from your taxes.

0.6% of the population, mostly the aristocracy, own half the land in england and Wales.

And then there's rural Scotland where most of the land is 'sporting estates', maintained for shooting small birds and deer.

And you, your family and all the people you know pay taxes, even the pensioners in your family, and yet the Prime Ministers billionaire wife, resident in the UK, does not pay a penny in tax.

Aye the UK is a 'fun place' right enough if you are part and parcel of the very privileged few. 

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The tory establishment run the country to their dictate whether you make light of the fact or not.

25% of Tory MP's are private landlords.

The private schools in the UK, not the ones you and I went to, are classed as charities so that the privileged are educated in part from your taxes.

0.6% of the population, mostly the aristocracy, own half the land in england and Wales.

And then there's rural Scotland where most of the land is 'sporting estates', maintained for shooting small birds and deer.

And you, your family and all the people you know pay taxes, even the pensioners in your family, and yet the Prime Ministers billionaire wife, resident in the UK, does not pay a penny in tax.

Aye the UK is a 'fun place' right enough if you are part and parcel of the very privileged few. 

The ‘privileged few’ aren’t the biggest problem, it’s the deluded fuckwits who comprise 40%+ of the voting public who somehow seem to think that their interests are aligned with the privileged few.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The ‘privileged few’ aren’t the biggest problem, it’s the deluded fuckwits who comprise 40%+ of the voting public who somehow seem to think that their interests are aligned with the privileged few.

When sat in a motorway traffic jam, I don't hate those drivers zooming up a slip road or a lane that closes in 200m. They are dicks. It is the subservient feckers in the jam that wave them in that I reserve my anger for - basically reinforcing the continuation of dickish behaviour and encouraging others to follow suit. The Tory party and all associated with them are those self entitled drivers too important to be stuck in a queue like ordinary drivers; many of their voters are the ones who happily wave them in in-front of them. 

Edited by KingRocketman II

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

When sat in a motorway traffic jam, I don't hate those drivers zooming up a slip road or a lane that closes in 200m. They are dicks. It is the subservient feckers in the jam that wave them in that I reserve my anger for - basically reinforcing the continuation of dickish behaviour and encouraging others to follow suit. The Tory party and all associated with them are those self entitled drivers too important to be stuck in a queue like ordinary drivers; many of their voters are the ones who happily wave them in in-front of them. 

Aren’t Tories exempt from all that pesky road etiquette nonsense? I’m sure there’s something in the Highway Code that grants them the right to behave however they want. Them and Audi/BMW owners. 

22 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Name them I would like to know who they are.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19849911.many-scotlands-msps-landlords/

That's the msps. I can't remember where I saw the MPs. There's 4 I think with only 1 having to declare over the limit of £10,000

Is there any political party in favour of getting rid of private landlords?  What is the practical effect of abolishing the private rental sector?  I’m not saying that there’s not need for reform, there definitely is, but people need to offer realistic alternative solutions.

Housing is a right and I can understand people objecting to others profiting from it but that could be said about so many other things - childcare, care for the elderly, health care - I’m not sure where we start, or for that matter, where we end up.

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

It will absolutely re-appear prior to the next election.

Typical tory scumbaggery political tactics.

Remember how they buried Boothby's participation in the homosexual orgies held by Ronnie Kray in the sixties, newspapers were banned from reporting.

It's how the tories and the establishment work, they feared Sturgeon and Independence so ran a discredit story. 

The society we live in and contribute to through taxes is controlled by Nazi type propaganda and political establishment to maintain the inequality, if you think otherwise you are a fool.

Where I live in the Highlands the 14 local newspapers are controlled by a tory right wing company, the same applies to local newspapers where you live.

Same kind of shite that Trumps got to put up with then?

19 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Same kind of shite that Trumps got to put up with then?

Politics, which the tories regard as Corruption, Lies and thievery.

Boris Johnson. being the Archetype.

AS a btw you may remember the utter tory snob Alan Clarke who served as a Junior Minister under Thatcher, within his family a shite was known as a Johnson, as in going for or having a Johnson, he must have given birth to Boris.

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Is there any political party in favour of getting rid of private landlords?  What is the practical effect of abolishing the private rental sector?  I’m not saying that there’s not need for reform, there definitely is, but people need to offer realistic alternative solutions.

Housing is a right and I can understand people objecting to others profiting from it but that could be said about so many other things - childcare, care for the elderly, health care - I’m not sure where we start, or for that matter, where we end up.

Would you be in favour of banning private landlords for commercial properties? All firms must own their premises or rent from the government?

If yes, I salute your idealism

If no, you're just going to get private landlords renting to Mr & Mrs McSmith Ltd

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There is no need for a private rental sector. There is no reason whatsoever that all rental properties couldn’t be owned by local authorities and any profits derived from them used to benefit local communities.

Seizure without compensation for me, Geoff. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

There is no need for a private rental sector. There is no reason whatsoever that all rental properties couldn’t be owned by local authorities and any profits derived from them used to benefit local communities.

It might be a defensible position but not sure many folk would put it in the category of “realistic alternative solution”.  I also do not think any electable political party would advocate it.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It might be a defensible position but not sure many folk would put it in the category of “realistic alternative solution”.  I also do not think any electable political party would advocate it.

That's because many folk know that it is Wolfie Smith nonsense.

It is because we all know that the sme model is one that has great efficiency.

Remind me on your professional circumstance before you retired and how you find yourself now?

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just out of curiosity as someone undecided but leaning towards your viewpoint, would you hypothetically agree to rentals going to local authorities but the owners to be paid compensation?

Higher taxation for everyone now even if it isn't radical but to benefit the rental sector in the future.