When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

They should though.

They will again eventually. Rents aren't high enough yet.

Whether or not anything changes will depend on how well defended the landlords are by then. There's going to be a lot of clamour for personal security drones in the coming decades.

2 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Just out of curiosity as someone undecided but leaning towards your viewpoint, would you hypothetically agree to rentals going to local authorities but the owners to be paid compensation?

Higher taxation for everyone now even if it isn't radical but to benefit the rental sector in the future. 

Probably to be honest, but it would depend on how the compensation was worked out and how generous it was. If they were getting anything above market value at most, I’d be against it. 

On 16/09/2023 at 14:30, KingRocketman II said:

When sat in a motorway traffic jam, I don't hate those drivers zooming up a slip road or a lane that closes in 200m. They are dicks. It is the subservient feckers in the jam that wave them in that I reserve my anger for - basically reinforcing the continuation of dickish behaviour and encouraging others to follow suit. The Tory party and all associated with them are those self entitled drivers too important to be stuck in a queue like ordinary drivers; many of their voters are the ones who happily wave them in in-front of them. 

I can't tell if this is a whoosh, but its literally what you're supposed to do.

There are plenty of people for whom private rental suits just fine, fair enough most people would rather own their home or have secure long term tenancy. Students, people who'v just moved to a new area, people who move around for work regularly etc.  Sure there is no where near enough affordable houses but private lets do serve a purpose for those who don't want the hassle of buying or even furnishing a place and just wat somewhere readily livable for 6 months or a year

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There are plenty of people for whom private rental suits just fine, fair enough most people would rather own their home or have secure long term tenancy. Students, people who'v just moved to a new area, people who move around for work regularly etc.  Sure there is no where near enough affordable houses but private lets do serve a purpose for those who don't want the hassle of buying or even furnishing a place and just wat somewhere readily livable for 6 months or a year

There is absolutely no reason why this can't be provided for without the need for private landlords. 

9 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I can't tell if this is a whoosh, but its literally what you're supposed to do.

the Highway Code (rule 134) is grey on the area. Some experts do believe that zip merging reduces congestion - others disagree. Therefore it is not "literally" what you you are supposed to do. C**nts on the road for this Tory pish!

6 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

the Highway Code (rule 134) is grey on the area. Some experts do believe that zip merging reduces congestion - others disagree. Therefore it is not "literally" what you you are supposed to do. C**nts on the road for this Tory pish!

Fair enough, wont derail. Im thinking specifically of a slip road around Hillington, 99% of users get that you should use all the space thankfully but theres the odd dick that tries to go into the right side lane too early (which 100% causes further, pointless tail backs at the roundabout)

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

9 years ago today since the now chairman of the snp swung the referendum with his vow. What an absolute farce they have become. 

The effect of The Vow has been overstated tbqh.  The real issue is that polls underestimated those silent unionists - similar to those who voted Tory under Thatcher but too embarrassed to admit it.

On 17/09/2023 at 23:06, oneteaminglasgow said:

There is absolutely no reason why this can't be provided for without the need for private landlords. 

Well other than it’s completely unaffordable and complete pie in the sky then aye you are right. It’s something that the SNP and greens would come up with though. 

On 19/09/2023 at 07:48, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The effect of The Vow has been overstated tbqh.  The real issue is that polls underestimated those silent unionists - similar to those who voted Tory under Thatcher but too embarrassed to admit it.

The polls got the result pretty much bang on:-

July 2014 avg: 43% Yes : 57% No

Aug: 43:57

Sep: 45:55

12 hours ago, Lurkst said:

The polls got the result pretty much bang on:-

July 2014 avg: 43% Yes : 57% No

Aug: 43:57

Sep: 45:55

Which polls are these figures taken from Lurkst??? I'm only asking out of interest as most of the polls I have seen the media report on over the last few years, point to Yes being in a majority from anything from 52% to 55%

22 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Which polls are these figures taken from Lurkst??? I'm only asking out of interest as most of the polls I have seen the media report on over the last few years, point to Yes being in a majority from anything from 52% to 55%

Those were the averages of polls taken in the lead up to the 2014 referendum. At the time there were only a couple of outlier polls that put Yes in the lead...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_Scottish_independence

49 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Those were the averages of polls taken in the lead up to the 2014 referendum. At the time there were only a couple of outlier polls that put Yes in the lead...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_Scottish_independence

That's since 2014 - anyone have link to pre-referendum polls?

3 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Average No lead in the final days was 5% - the actual lead double that. 

Either don't knows switched to No or possibly don't knows who would not admit they were No voters.

Even before The Vow the lead was similar. 

I personally don't think it was as big an influence as some think - the main thing it did was not persuade people to change their vote but to get No voters to vote.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh