The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I love these headlines. The actual "story" behind this....  Man who made decision hasn't changed decision....

Jurgen Klopp discusses Liverpool stay as verdict on spectacular U-turn is reached

Spiers must be trolling at this stage.

Neither the BBC nor the Sky reporter (as far as I'm aware) picked up Rodgers on ignoring the contentious decision to award Celtic a penalty when he was on his masonic conspiracy rant. Which was poor journalism at best.

26 minutes ago, Darren said:

Neither the BBC nor the Sky reporter (as far as I'm aware) picked up Rodgers on ignoring the contentious decision to award Celtic a penalty when he was on his masonic conspiracy rant. Which was poor journalism at best.

Spiers long ago gave up any pretence of being a real journalist and has gone down the sevco blogger route.  A very basic search of his twitter throws up plenty of contradictory statements when the manager is of the blue team.

He needs to keep his 62 subscribers of his podcast happy, though.

When are people, in particular journalists, going to realise how the VAR system works. The VAR did not award any penalties yesterday.

From a BBC online article on VAR today.

"A VAR-awarded penalty was converted by Jorge Grant for Hearts' opener"

22 hours ago, Darren said:

Old Firm coaches are never challenged on this playing-to-the-gallery shite because journalists are terrified of losing access.

It'll always be like this, and it allows them to set the agenda they want, even when it's completely unhinged, like Rodgers in this case.

It absolutely contributes to the fucking batshit mental Celtic support's paranoia. They've got their coach basically indulging their paranoid fantasies, when he could have shown some good sense and just talked some sense and calmed things down. Sadly, that doesn't take the heat off him.

It'll always be like this.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I am begging Scotland to produce another Grand Slam winning tennis player to give Kheredine something else to do for the next fifteen years. 

There's an Olympics coming up soon so he'll be distracted with that shortly.

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I am begging Scotland to produce another Grand Slam winning tennis player to give Kheredine something else to do for the next fifteen years. 

World Curling Championships and Olympics this year - that should keep him out the country and not dealing with Scottish Football for a couple of months, let's not restrict his worthlessness to tennis.

Not fitba, and TV presentation rather than actual journalism, but in the BBC's coverage of the World Indoors in Glasgow, Gabby Logan was talking about Kiwi athlete Hamish Kerr, remarking 'With that name, he clearly has Scottish descendants!'

If you can't tell your ancestors from your descendants, you shouldn't be allowed on telly.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

Not fitba, and TV presentation rather than actual journalism, but in the BBC's coverage of the World Indoors in Glasgow, Gabby Logan was talking about Kiwi athlete Hamish Kerr, remarking 'With that name, he clearly has Scottish descendants!'

If you can't tell your ancestors from your descendants, you shouldn't be allowed on telly.

She married Kenny Logan, that should be enough evidence of how much she values intellectual depth...............................