The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

8 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

I may have missed that - and MS didn't actually claim that he had said that.

But even if he had, it doesn't make MS's point any less idiotic (imo, obviously).

Aye true, both of them sounded nuts. Like a couple who are so deep into an argument they've forgotten what the original disagreement was actually about. 

5 hours ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Strong lineups for Spartans and Brechin in the promotion playoff today… good to see there’s no live reporting on this huge game too.

3E3FE3EE-96E3-423F-B17D-FFEE0F59D45D.jpeg

Sportsound gets a lot of flak but they had regular updates from Ainslie Park all afternoon.

41 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

I actually don't see what's wrong with that - it's a bit of fun.

Maybe I'm reading too much into "battered", but when I was a lad in the central belt this implied actual - if not grievous - bodily harm.

That aside, is it not a bit, well, childish for the national broadcaster's sports news page?

Going to put this post here. From the QP v Dundee thread, it is what this thread was made for....

2 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

The "West Coast Media" hype train is now in full effect.

Derek Ferguson on the BBC Sport podcast saying that he's expecting a crowd if 4-5k at the game. I reckon he got the capacity figure in writing from Stenhousemuir  as part of his extensive research.

You can tell he knows his stuff, as he also highlighted how losing Murray has been a big blow for us as he "was forming a great partnership with Shields"

The very same Shields that made his first appearance after Murray had already played for Ross County 🤦‍♂️

Edited by johnnydun

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Going to put this post here. From the QP v Dundee thread, it is what this thread was made for....

Don't worry they'll have plenty of researchers notes to read from, pretending they know everything about the Championship when they do the commentary on the game tomorrow.

To show the fine margins tonight's incredible Championship drama ultimately produced BBC Scotland's coverage on TV gave the closing table...

image.thumb.png.81618253aec4746b124ed5ac5cfae715.png

... without any promotion/relegation/playoff lines, or Goal Difference.

Edited by HibeeJibee

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

To show the fine margins tonight's incredible Championship drama ultimately produced BBC Scotland gave us the closing table...

image.thumb.png.81618253aec4746b124ed5ac5cfae715.png

... without any promotion/relegation/playoff lines, or any Goal Difference.

They didn't bother their arse with an 'as it stands'  during the game either  iirc

Edited by gannonball