Idiotic mis-interpretations of sayings.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they say that up north? Kids at my school at Livingston say that all the time. Literally makes me want to rip their fucking heads off.

I go apoplectic with rage when kids at my West Lothian school say "am a" instead of "I am".

One of my flatmates at uni used the phrase, ''It's a doggy dog world."

If your flatmate was into rap and you went to Uni in the mid-Nineties, he/she may have had a point.

Just listening to Ray McKinnon on the Raith/Rangers game, c***s who use 'chopped off' rather than 'chalked off'.

I don't see any particular problem with either of those tbh. Maybe it's just that you think that everyone in opposition to your team is a c**t.

The phrase is 'chalked off'. Scoring with your chopper is different.

Chalk is for snooker, billiards and pub darts; it has nothing to do with football.

If you want to be pedantic then use the word " disallowed". Otherwise, chalked off/chopped off/knocked off and various others are all equally valid - and equally inoffensive. Not something to boil your piss over.

Chalk is for snooker, billiards and pub darts; it has nothing to do with football.

If you want to be pedantic then use the word " disallowed". Otherwise, chalked off/chopped off/knocked off and various others are all equally valid - and equally inoffensive. Not something to boil your piss over.

Boring x**t that I am, i'm interested in the origin of sayings, guessing why they came about.

I'd guess chalked off was the original - maybe referring to the days when the score was written on a blackboard with chalk.

Yep, i'm right.

I am a boring c**t!

Boring x**t that I am, i'm interested in the origin of sayings, guessing why they came about.

I'd guess chalked off was the original - maybe referring to the days when the score was written on a blackboard with chalk.

Yep, i'm right.

I am a boring c**t!

Correct!

Archived