Scotrail

ScottR96

7 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Scotrail were moaning to Labour over the use of the hashtag #Scotfail the other week.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1373971-scotrail-told-labour-to-stop-using-the-hashtag-scotfail/

They deserve the hashtag. Their service is unremittingly shite. Every single journey I made last week (6 of them) was pish. Either late running, reduced sized trains in rush hour or both. I feel for the buggers at the front line but they are so bad I now routinely expect the worst from them. And that's on a "flagship" line. Fuckin white flag though. 

On 23 November 2016 at 10:01, Hedgecutter said:

I got a personal £150 metred taxi from Aberdeen to Inverness off of Scotrail. Sound **** dropped me off at my front door seeing I live a minute off the A96.

Cheaper than hiring a bus or constantly-on-standby driver and Scotrail are going to struggle getting a taxi driver to drive for at least 5 hrs on some special reduced flat fare deal just because they can't run a train on time.

I shared a £300 metered taxi with another guy from Inverness to Glasgow last year because my connection from Wick was 20 minutes late. The original train fare was only a tenner, as it was one of those special travel anywhere in Scotland offers, and the Taxi passed by the train we'd just missed just before we got to Aviemore and got to Glasgow over half an hour before our train was due.

I think ScotRail get a bit of a hard time.

Their performance is above the UK average and I can confirm, having used the railway in England quite a bit, that ScotRail are more reliable.

I think we just like having something to moan about in Scotland.

I'm saying that, rail fares are fucking extortionate.

People are aware that changing who has the contract isn't going to fix things overnight aren"t they?

Yes, but they want a timescale for when real change will occur. Not just announcements of 'hey, we've provided totally shite free wifi'.

Maybe the Scottish Government should give a date when it will all be hunky dory.

If you write and complain you get a standard 'these things take time' letter. If you complain about a specific service, at a specific time, then Transport Scotland (who the minister palms the responses off to) respond with a letter advising that it's up to Scotrail (whoever the operator is at the time) to plan the services to minimise overcrowding.

The particular service I complained about has been overcrowded for years. An additional one carriage would sort this but they can't arrange this.

Then it's that there's a short-term lack of diesel rolling stock which is affecting the whole industry. Aye, is it? How long is short-term? They've been talking about this stuff for years and years. And demand has increased, etc.

Basically various admissions of their shite planning over numerous years.

The Westminster government are just as fucking useless when it comes to railways. It's not just a Scottish thing. I wonder if other countries are as poor at planning and delivering quality railways.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Yes, but they want a timescale for when real change will occur. Not just announcements of 'hey, we've provided totally shite free wifi'.

Maybe the Scottish Government should give a date when it will all be hunky dory.

If you write and complain you get a standard 'these things take time' letter. If you complain about a specific service, at a specific time, then Transport Scotland (who the minister palms the responses off to) respond with a letter advising that it's up to Scotrail (whoever the operator is at the time) to plan the services to minimise overcrowding.

The particular service I complained about has been overcrowded for years. An additional one carriage would sort this but they can't arrange this.

Then it's that there's a short-term lack of diesel rolling stock which is affecting the whole industry. Aye, is it? How long is short-term? They've been talking about this stuff for years and years. And demand has increased, etc.

Basically various admissions of their shite planning over numerous years.

The Westminster government are just as fucking useless when it comes to railways. It's not just a Scottish thing. I wonder if other countries are as poor at planning and delivering quality railways.

Look at Japan etc, it seems to just be a British thing. Its not going to be a quick fix but something else other than trumping new trains needs to be done as I can't see that fixing things

The "beer out a can" thread appears to be deleted but on it I said I'd get a picture of the bottle opener on Scotrail trains next time I was on the rails. Well here I am and here's the picture.

1c124ad6e22fc1184d0236035b3865dd.jpg

As you sit in your seat look above you at the lights. There's your opener. Wedge the cap any of the wee grooves and bingo - you can thank me later.

I don't use trains that often tbh but recently when I have, every single time they have been delayed.
Few weeks ago I had a 4 day course in Glasgow so decided to take the train to avoid parking etc. 1st 3 days the train was delayed by over 20minutes, on the 3rd day I was stuck in a tunnel for over half an hour with no phone reception to let my course know I would be late! After waltzing in for 3 days apologising for my clear disregard for timekeeping I took the car on the 4th day and paid £21 to park for the privilege ! f**k you scotrail.
Then yesterday I was heading to the snooker at the emirates. Jump on the train to meet my mate in Glasgow, guess what it's delayed! I was needing to change trains at partick meaning my delay meant I missed my planned connection. Got on a later connection to be delayed again just short of central low level (yep again in a dark tunnel with no phone reception). Another planned journey put back over 45minutes! Good job scotrail! I'll just walk in the future! Will be quicker!
Muppets

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I don't use trains that often tbh but recently when I have, every single time they have been delayed.
Few weeks ago I had a 4 day course in Glasgow so decided to take the train to avoid parking etc. 1st 3 days the train was delayed by over 20minutes, on the 3rd day I was stuck in a tunnel for over half an hour with no phone reception to let my course know I would be late! After waltzing in for 3 days apologising for my clear disregard for timekeeping I took the car on the 4th day and paid £21 to park for the privilege ! f**k you scotrail.
Then yesterday I was heading to the snooker at the emirates. Jump on the train to meet my mate in Glasgow, guess what it's delayed! I was needing to change trains at partick meaning my delay meant I missed my planned connection. Got on a later connection to be delayed again just short of central low level (yep again in a dark tunnel with no phone reception). Another planned journey put back over 45minutes! Good job scotrail! I'll just walk in the future! Will be quicker!
Muppets

Going to let us know which trains you're getting in future so we know to avoid them, cheers