Scotrail

ScottR96

Yeah with advance tickets you're normally £10 a ticket, so depending on the actual cost of the ticket you may be better just chucking them. Unless you know anyone that would like to make the journey you have booked that would buy the tickets from you of course.

Had an hour delay on the way home last night, which was fun.

Going back to the cost of returns v single, I was down in Leeds for work this week and the return cost £117.80. I'm there again on a couple of weeks, but it's on the way back up after a couple of days in London. The single from Leeds to Perth costs £115. Madness.

Going back to the cost of returns v single, I was down in Leeds for work this week and the return cost £117.80. I'm there again on a couple of weeks, but it's on the way back up after a couple of days in London. The single from Leeds to Perth costs £115. Madness.

No idea who comes up with the pricing. It's mental. £6 for a Dumfries to Carlisle return. £10 for the single.

Hope you took advantage of the delay repay scheme if you were delayed for so long.

8 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think my record is three minutes.

16 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

If you split the ticket to Leeds-Edinburgh and Edinburgh-Perth it would come down to £42ish, on a random day.

No idea who comes up with the pricing. It's mental. £6 for a Dumfries to Carlisle return. £10 for the single.

Hope you took advantage of the delay repay scheme if you were delayed for so long.

Claim went in this morning.

If you split the ticket to Leeds-Edinburgh and Edinburgh-Perth it would come down to £42ish, on a random day.

I did tell the PA at work to do that, but she went direct. Not my money anyway.

f**k Scotrail. I'm travelling with CrossCountry. Trains on time, not overcrowded and relatively new this morning. And a socket that works

The first part of my journey during the week (Leeds-Edinburgh) was with CrossCountry. It was 15 minutes late arriving at Leeds, which was 40 minutes by the time we got to Edinburgh. And it was crowded.

2 hours ago, garybs said:

Got a taxi from Aberdeen the other week as the train from Glasgow was late (stuck behind a late running freight train) 4 taxis for people going past Inverurire, no wonder they're f****d

Reminds me of the time I was coming back from a game in Dingwall, via Aberdeen and the train from Inverness was so late as to miss the last connection south. We were promised "a replacement bus", which was actually a load of taxis. But with it being late on a Saturday, there was no-one senior enough available to negotiate a price. So they all kept the meters on. 

I ended up with three fellow supporters who consumed a couple of bottles of vodka and a line each of cocaine, and a marine from RM Condor - the latter of whom necessitated the "scenic" route via the A92. I was last to be dropped off and the meter was close to £200. The floor was also swimming with vodka and traces of cocaine, which meant a large cleaning bill was heading ScotRail's way as well.

Even though he just had a £200 fare, the driver was still pissed off because he couldn't keep the meter running going back to Aberdeen, and even once he got there he couldn't keep working because of the state his taxi was left in. 

I get the train from its second stop on its run, literally a minute down the road from the first.

It manages to be 6 or 7 minutes late arriving every day, or like yesterday when they just cancelled them altogether until half 11.

Over twice the price of the bus, I might just switch. At least I can accept it being shite at that price.