Scotrail

ScottR96

Overtimes not compulsory and sometimes people just can't be arsed with it. That doesn't mean the Rotas been fucked up by morons.

Is this a whoosh? If they can't get enough staff in to run the service then they've fucked the rota.

Are you a driver? Thank goodness you don't need to do anything complicated like steer round corners.

Especially if you're the driver, it's boring as f**k.[emoji4]

I think those kind of jobs would be hard as f**k, where you've basically got very little to do but have to be alert at all times in case of emergency. Like pilots and operations workers in Chemical plants or nuclear power stations monitoring levels. I'd be crap, start drifting off and forget there's a station coming up. Well worth the pay imo.

1 hour ago, placidcasual345 said:

Is this a whoosh? If they can't get enough staff in to run the service then they've fucked the rota.

Are you a driver? Thank goodness you don't need to do anything complicated like steer round corners.

If they paid us more there wouldn't be any driver shortages on sundays 

As a driver, my main complicated decision I have to make everyday is to whether to have a pain au raisin or pain au chocolat with my coffee.

What happens if the pan au raison is poisoned though, and you smash straight into an oncoming train killing scores? Stick to ham and cheese croissants for humanity's sake, and your own. Almond croissants would be acceptable if you're a veggie, but could disguise the smell of cyanide l.

Overtimes not compulsory and sometimes people just can't be arsed with it. That doesn't mean the Rotas been fucked up by morons.

So hold on the whole Sunday service relies on folk doing non compulsory OT?

Also even though there are lots of trains scheduled to run on the 52 Sundays of the year, the whole timetable can get shot to shit if enough folk are hungover/watching football/decide to spend time with the family etc and sack it off?

If so morons are definitely fucking up the rota but it's the Morons that have allowed such a possibility to take place that are fault, not drivers that can't be arsed with their non compulsory OT.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Driverless trains would surely require a network upgrade of unfeasible magnitude?

Scotrail are building a network of extraordinary magnitude. They forge our conductors in the spirit of our traincestors. They have our gratitude.

3 minutes ago, Cille Mhernaig said:

Also even though there are lots of trains scheduled to run on the 52 Sundays of the year, the whole timetable can get shot to shit if enough folk are hungover/watching football/decide to spend time with the family etc and sack it off?

If so morons are definitely fucking up the rota but it's the Morons that have allowed such a possibility to take place that are fault, not drivers that can't be arsed with their non compulsory OT.

That's the way the railway has always been run, it's not the fault of the person doing the rosters. The morons responsible for the railways being a six day week are all long dead now.

Nobody should be forced to work on a Sunday imo, unless bribed by triple pay to agree. Customers should accept that Sunday shopping costs a bit more, as should pub and restaurant clientele.

No. Staff are rostered for a set amount of Sundays throughout the year. I can't speak for the drivers but I have 9 set Sundays. Basically one a month. The jobs are covered to begin with* but holidays/sickness/lou days happen and if no one fancies OT then problems will naturally arise.

* At least that was my understanding :lol:

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nobody should be forced to work on a Sunday imo, unless bribed by triple pay to agree. Customers should accept that Sunday shopping costs a bit more, as should pub and restaurant clientele.

People are outraged that someone decides to take their day off rather than go to work and provide a service to allow other people to get about on their day off. Get a fucking bus or a taxi instead. :lol:

Edited by blanco

1 minute ago, blanco said:

People are outraged that someone decides to take their day off rather than go to work and provide a service to allow other people to get about on their day off. Get a ducking bus or a taxi instead. :lol:

You'd have to be quackers to take a ducking bus.

People are outraged that someone decides to take their day off rather than go to work and provide a service to allow other people to get about on their day off. Get a fucking bus or a taxi instead.[emoji38]

You are, quite spectacularly, missing the point. If Scotrail advertise a service they should know for a fact they have enough staff to provide the service. Failure to do so is quite clear evidence of a moron fucking up the rota.

10 minutes ago, placidcasual345 said:

You are, quite spectacularly, missing the point. If Scotrail advertise a service they should know for a fact they have enough staff to provide the service. Failure to do so is quite clear evidence of a moron fucking up the rota.

The vast majority of services run fine with the obvious exception of cancellations due to industrial action. If only those morons were more considerate to your travelling requirements. :whistle

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No. Staff are rostered for a set amount of Sundays throughout the year. I can't speak for the drivers but I have 9 set Sundays. Basically one a month. The jobs are covered to begin with* but holidays/sickness/lou days happen and if no one fancies OT then problems will naturally arise.

* At least that was my understanding :lol:

Does Lou Days get all the extra shifts?