Scotrail

ScottR96

8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The Neilston line is my line.  I must have missed you asking permission to use it.

No wonder Scotrail's on its arse! I'd have thought you were too posh to take the train anyway?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

No wonder Scotrail's on its arse! I'd have thought you were too posh to take the train anyway?

I lower myself to travelling with the proles as it's the quickest way for me to get into work.

I put my expensive, noise cancelling earphones on to block out their infantile chatter about X Factor and any other ghastly things they fill their lives with.

Getting the train from Mount Florida to Exhibition Centre on Sunday. 

Cheapest single. £2.40. Cheapest return: £2.30. Madness. 

That's not a new thing, took train from Arbroath to Aberdeen, 16 quid return, or 15 quid one way

That's not a new thing, took train from Arbroath to Aberdeen, 16 quid return, or 15 quid one way

Slightly different in that in the first example you're actually better off buying a return even if you're travelling one way.

9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I lower myself to travelling with the proles as it's the quickest way for me to get into work.

I put my expensive, noise cancelling earphones on to block out their infantile chatter about X Factor and any other ghastly things they fill their lives with.

Doesn't help with the smell though.

I think my perception of scotrail would improve tenfold if they employed people specifically to stop tinks boarding trains with chippies.

The service provided would be a bit more bearable if journeys didn't end with you smelling like you'd just finished a shift at a blue lagoon.

6 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I think my perception of scotrail would improve tenfold if they employed people specifically to stop tinks boarding trains with chippies.

The service provided would be a bit more bearable if journeys didn't end with you smelling like you'd just finished a shift at a blue lagoon.

Humza will be onto this.

There's a fucking weirdo gets on my train home occasionally who wears one of those wee portable speakers in the hood of his jacket blaring out the radio or some shite music.  Manky b*****d with dreadlocks.  If Scotrail could stop him boarding my train, that'd be fabulous.

20 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

There's a fucking weirdo gets on my train home occasionally who wears one of those wee portable speakers in the hood of his jacket blaring out the radio or some shite music.  Manky b*****d with dreadlocks.  If Scotrail could stop him boarding my train, that'd be fabulous.

Had the great pleasure of watching a guy take a pair of pliers from his bag and cutting the wires to the headphones of an idiot that had them blaring so load everyone could hearing his annoying tinny dance music, and he wouldn't turn them down.. A round applause was justified

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

Had the great pleasure of watching a guy take a pair of pliers from his bag and cutting the wires to the headphones of an idiot that had them blaring so load everyone could hearing his annoying tinny dance music, and he wouldn't turn them down.. A round applause was justified

Reminds me of the time I was coming back from a game in Dingwall, via Aberdeen and the train from Inverness was so late as to miss the last connection south. We were promised "a replacement bus", which was actually a load of taxis. But with it being late on a Saturday, there was no-one senior enough available to negotiate a price. So they all kept the meters on. 

I ended up with three fellow supporters who consumed a couple of bottles of vodka and a line each of cocaine, and a marine from RM Condor - the latter of whom necessitated the "scenic" route via the A92. I was last to be dropped off and the meter was close to £200. The floor was also swimming with vodka and traces of cocaine, which meant a large cleaning bill was heading ScotRail's way as well.

Even though he just had a £200 fare, the driver was still pissed off because he couldn't keep the meter running going back to Aberdeen, and even once he got there he couldn't keep working because of the state his taxi was left in. 

This sounds like madness. Those lads must have been on one.

This sounds like madness. Those lads must have been on one.

I got a personal £150 metred taxi from Aberdeen to Inverness off of Scotrail. Sound **** dropped me off at my front door seeing I live a minute off the A96.

Cheaper than hiring a bus or constantly-on-standby driver and Scotrail are going to struggle getting a taxi driver to drive for at least 5 hrs on some special reduced flat fare deal just because they can't run a train on time.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Sorry man. Just letting da train chill to ma tunes.

Can you not get smell-cancelling nose-plugs to go with your noise-cancelling headphones?

On 11/22/2016 at 09:16, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Getting the train from Mount Florida to Exhibition Centre on Sunday. 

Cheapest single. £2.40. Cheapest return: £2.30. Madness. 

That's because singles are valid any time. The cheapest return is off peak and is discounted. The anytime return fare will be about 1.5 times the single. 

5 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

That's because singles are valid any time. The cheapest return is off peak and is discounted. The anytime return fare will be about 1.5 times the single. 

I appreciate this but as I was travelling at the weekend, the single was still cheaper than the return. Maybe they should do an off-peak / discounted single ticket. 

It's not just the trains that do it. Stena Line to Belfast do a 48 hour return fare for a car and 4 people that is cheaper than a single with a car and 4 people. Of course, the canny will just buy two of these returns, rather than 2 singles, although they do warn you that they reserve the right to fine you if you don't show up for both legs of your journey. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Scotrail can suck my cock. The 6.40 Perth train arrived in Kirkcaldy at 7.44 tonight. Over a fucking hour to get from Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy. I fucking hate Abellio Scotrail.

After our recent visit to Stark's,  we boarded the train to Edinburgh from Perth.

It turned up late. Had only 3 carriages and to make matter worse, it crawled to Edinburgh.

Never been so happy to get off a train