Election Night

Can't agree at all with this 'probably best'nonsense. We missed a great chance to push on and get a Scotland built that would send hope to our like-minded friends south of the border. As long as the Tories have a grip on England you can forget Independence.

Instead we'll have another five years doing tea dances with hangers-on. The only consolation for me will be watching how Davidson will fall apart now that she actually has a chance to do something constructive and watching the two Unionist parties destroying each other.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I missed whilst asleep was Aileen McLeods defenestration.

I'm delighted and hope I played my own small role on ridding the parliament of a timid, vision limited leadership suck up.

Aileen out Wightman in. Good times.

Look at you all. Thinking you have the power to change things with a cross on a piece of paper. You have all just been appeased as the establishment go ahead and do what they want.

Democracy is just an illusion to keep the sheep happy.

It's probably put to bed - unless there is a Brexit - Indy Ref 2 for some time. 

From Sturgeon's point of view she might actually be happy with that - push for Indy Ref 2 too soon and I suspect they would lose again.  Sturgeon will be happy to play the SNP competent government card etc for the next 5 years and hope to build support for Indy Ref 2 after the next Scottish Parliament election - probably in 2021/22.

Look at you all. Thinking you have the power to change things with a cross on a piece of paper. You have all just been appeased as the establishment go ahead and do what they want.

Goethe put it better with "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Thanks for that. I remember hearing that compelling argument from one of my friends when we were 13.

Needless to say, he's gone on to become a radical thinker and a cause célèbre in intellectual circles everywhere. He definitely doesn't now live at home in his 30s.

Delighted that Andy Wightman got in. Should be a very key figure in land reform discussions during the next term.

The SNP vote share went up, but the nature of the voting system stopped them getting a majority. Have any of the SNP supporters considered that 2011 was a perfect storm? Blaming the Green list vote is also laughable. :lol:

Can't wait for the flurry of articles claiming how Conservatism is growing in Scotland. Load of shite.

Aberdeen 2015/16 Season thread for this pish.

Also pissed off at that roaster Jackie Baillie keeping her constituency seat, even if she would have gone to parliament on the list. 

Dumbarton though. What do you expect?

I've had 2 hours sleep and time to process.

It's nowhere near the disaster the media are spinning. As mentioned, the SNP will need to work harder now to get things done which won't be a bad thing.

We still have a majority of pro independence MSP's.

31 seats. 31 fucking seats. Labour supporters have completely lost the plot here. Pack your bags and move South you shitebags,.

Been waiting on the f**k off to england because of how you voted card surprised it has taking so long tbh.

It's not shite.

Political parties are entitled and should be expected to campaign for votes.

Anyone who can't deal with that can fight for a Scotland wide electoral division with seats allocated as a %age of vote.

The constituency results show the SNP were absolutely correct to campaign for both votes.

Yet they only got 4 Regional seats for 950k votes. Greens got 6 Regional seats for 150k votes.

Doesn't seem to have worked very well. Wasted votes IMO.

Archived