The Partick Thistle thread

Ourselves and (possibly Falkirk) should have tabled a proposition of 12-12-10-10 long before now. I’ll take the point, that, the club may say, they wouldn’t and still don’t know whether League 1 will be mothballed or not, had they known for definite, they may have proposed this, but still, with all the other suggestions of reconstruction that were getting passed around, how not one person at Partick Thistle or Falkirk (to public knowledge) suggested 12-12-10-10, is beyond me. It wouldn’t have helped Hearts out, that may be the only reason the SPFL wouldn’t endure it. 

Ourselves and (possibly Falkirk) should have tabled a proposition of 12-12-10-10 long before now. I’ll take the point, that, the club may say, they wouldn’t and still don’t know whether League 1 will be mothballed or not, had they known for definite, they may have proposed this, but still, with all the other suggestions of reconstruction that were getting passed around, how not one person at Partick Thistle or Falkirk (to public knowledge) suggested 12-12-10-10, is beyond me. It wouldn’t have helped Hearts out, that may be the only reason the SPFL wouldn’t endure it. 
Wouldn't have met the 75% either I imagine. I think it'd be best now if we just concentrated on playing again as soon as possible, in league one.

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

let’s not kid ourselves you would have been down if the season carried on which shows how bad your club is and with your manager being kept on will be definite favourites for the drop next season 

let’s not kid ourselves you would have been down if the season carried on which shows how bad your club is and with your manager being kept on will be definite favourites for the drop next season 

giphy (1).gif

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Does a 15-year-old write your club statements? Complete tear-stained pish that is grotesquely cringeworthy.

Does an 8 year old write all your posts? Lot of angst ridden pish coming from other teams  that were creaming their pants over our first statement saying we would not be taking court action.  Get over it. We are all going to court....lol. Win or lose,  it’s great seeing all the usual culprits losing the plot and becoming lawyers and solicitors overnight!

Edited by Sting777

Ok, devil's advocate on this point - you've already had the summer and January to sort out a squad which we will probably agree was shit, so shouldn't have another opportunity for squad turnover and instead deal with the consequences of the players you signed. :whistle

That’s not the argument. He’s saying it can’t be done to change squads during a season, when it is already done and until Bosman was allowed throughout the season ? It may not be completely fair but it is a whole lot fairer than deciding on league positions before all fixtures are completed.

You can't have a third registration window in the same season. And even if you could, some players would be left in an impossible position having already played for two clubs. In any case, I don't see why FIFA would allow it.
The summer transfer window will be later than usual. Clubs will bring players out of furlough in time for a pre-season and will be able to sign new players based on a budget for the season ahead. You can't expect clubs and players to plan for 8 or 9 game contracts and then have to change again after being relegated or promoted. 
There was no way of restarting the season again in October. That was never going to happen. 

What do you mean can’t - these are unprecedented times. Anything could have been done.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

What do you mean can’t - these are unprecedented times. Anything could have been done.

Given that adding a third window would go completely against the spirit of FIFA's player registration rules, I can't see them setting a new precedent by making an exemption for the lower leagues in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Did they not announce that players could now play for 3 clubs in one season due to this?  I'm sure I read they were at least planning it.

Yeah, because the window will be later than usual but some leagues will still stay at the usual time - but that's for the following season (20/21), not for the season to finish (19/20). You'd need to ask FIFA to add a new registration window to the current season alone and not just one to deal with the overlap between seasons (which is the issue here). See article here:

'This means that the transfer of players between clubs is permitted during such period of the 2019/20 season but players will only be eligible to participate in domestic competitions for their new club from the 2020/21 season.'

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/fifa-announces-changes-to-transfer-window%3famp

I believe UEFA currently wants all current seasons finished by July 31st (Northern Ireland want this extended by a month). 

Edited by SpoonTon

Yeah, because the window will be later than usual but some leagues will still stay at the usual time - but that's for the following season (20/21), not for the season to finish (19/20). You'd need to ask FIFA to add a new registration window to the current season alone and not just one to deal with the overlap between seasons (which is the issue here). See article here:
'This means that the transfer of players between clubs is permitted during such period of the 2019/20 season but players will only be eligible to participate in domestic competitions for their new club from the 2020/21 season.'
https://www.natlawreview.com/article/fifa-announces-changes-to-transfer-window%3famp
I believe UEFA currently wants all current seasons finished by July 31st (Northern Ireland want this extended by a month). 

I may be missing something but it says a wee bit further down that these are recommendations?

Northern Ireland are completing their season. If they can why can’t we ?