The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I suspect they don't rip it out and reinstall it every game in the Premiership so it might cost more for a team for a one off game where they didn't have it before, it's not that difficult.

He didn’t say £1.2M was installation costs. He said it was the annual cost.  

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I suspect they don't rip it out and reinstall it every game in the Premiership so it might cost more for a team for a one off game where they didn't have it before, it's not that difficult.

It is for some.

43 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m not trying to be a dick here, but are you being deliberately obtuse? 

No, I am trying to understand what we are actually paying for. Nobody seems to know. I have already said that I don’t think it is reasonable for the SPFL to charge for it without an additional allowance in the “off the top” cut of the playoff game to cover this additional cost. 

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

It's not a straightforward "per match" cost. You don't install the entire system before every Premiership game. Once it's installed it's installed and it stays there for the duration of the season.

A one-off installation costs more because you don't spread the installation costs across 19 league fixtures!

In much the same way that your home electricity bill doesn't usually double if you double your energy usage because part of your original monthly amount is a standing charge for simply being connected to the grid.

How much does it cost to install. For most clubs it is installed for more than 19 games. Did the premiership clubs get a one off charge ?

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

So it costs the premiership clubs £1.2M per year for 228 games in a league season. That’s just over £5000 per game on average.But the championship club has to pay double ?

Will largely be for set up costs which the prem clubs don't require I'm guessing? 

7 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

How much does it cost to install. For most clubs it is installed for more than 19 games. Did the premiership clubs get a one off charge ?

It seems to be an overall cost as I detailed previously.

Perhaps you could contact the SPFL directly and let us know your findings?

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m not trying to be a dick here, but are you being deliberately obtuse? 

Of course he is. It’s his regular routine on here.

Afternoon folks. My good pal Andrew Mackenzie has his stag today (home leg) at Firhill today. We've set him up with a twitter page where he has to ask a variety of questions. See page 21 of your match day programme.

Please tweet some nonsense questions to @askandyptfc. He's facing some forfeits for anything unanswered 

IMG-20240427-WA0015.jpg

4 hours ago, DazzJag said:

Afternoon folks. My good pal Andrew Mackenzie has his stag today (home leg) at Firhill today. We've set him up with a twitter page where he has to ask a variety of questions. See page 21 of your match day programme.

Please tweet some nonsense questions to @askandyptfc. He's facing some forfeits for anything unanswered 

IMG-20240427-WA0015.jpg

MotM imo 👌 

21 hours ago, DazzJag said:

IMG-20240427-WA0015.jpg

I just saw it mentioned elsewhere- the grandson of Partick Thistle legend Johnny MacKenzie the Firhill flyer.  Hope Andy had a great day

Edited by third lanark

Thistle 0 Ayr 0 →

:detective:  HUGE MILESTONE FOR BANNIGAN

Jack McMillan registers his 100th appearance for Thistle in all competitions.
● It's huge congratulations to Stuart Bannigan who becomes just the 15th Jag in history to reach the 400 appearances mark in 'all competitions' (i.e. major and minor). The club will officially mark the 400 'major' appearances in 2 games time!
● It's just 1 goal conceded in 540 mins (a penalty!) and 3 consecutive clean-sheets for David Mitchell who is hunting down his personal best (4) set during the play-offs last term.
● In all competitions, Thistle go 8 home games without defeat versus Ayr United (2020 to date), matching the joint-club-record previously set from 1930-1937 and 1983-1989.
● Jags go two games without a booking for the first time since September 2022.
● Alas, an unprecedented two-in-one-season 'Grand Slam' is not-to-be for Brian Graham but, having scored in 3 of the 4 league games vs. Ayr United this term, he gets the consolation 'Hogan' joining Aidan Fitzpatrick who did likewise vs. Arbroath this season.
Kris Doolan's Thistle remain unbeaten in 14 games played in the months of April and May.

ongoing sequences:
● 7 competitive games without defeat, 16th Mar 2024 to date. (Longest run since: 11 games, 1st Apr 2023 to 1st Jun 2023. Joint club-record: 16 games, 15th Nov 1975 to 21st Feb 1976 & 30th Sep 2000 to 13th Jan 2001.)
● 29 games in 3rd place (30th Sep 2023 to date), an extension of the club-record for a position outwith outright top or bottom. Overall, it's the longest run since the club-record of 33 games in bottom pace (12th), set between 20th Sep 2003 and 15th May 2004.
● 34 consecutive competitive appearances for Lewis Neilson, 15th Sep 2023 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Steven Lawless - 60 games, 18th Feb 2023 to 6th Apr 2024. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

20 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Thistle 0 Ayr 0 →

:detective:  HUGE MILESTONE FOR BANNIGAN

Jack McMillan registers his 100th appearance for Thistle in all competitions.
● It's huge congratulations to Stuart Bannigan who becomes just the 15th Jag in history to reach the 400 appearances mark in 'all competitions' (i.e. major and minor). The club will officially mark the 400 'major' appearances in 2 games time!
● It's just 1 goal conceded in 540 mins (a penalty!) and 3 consecutive clean-sheets for David Mitchell who is hunting down his personal best (4) set during the play-offs last term.
● In all competitions, Thistle go 8 home games without defeat versus Ayr United (2020 to date), matching the joint-club-record previously set from 1930-1937 and 1983-1989.
● Jags go two games without a booking for the first time since September 2022.
● Alas, an unprecedented two-in-one-season 'Grand Slam' is not-to-be for Brian Graham but, having scored in 3 of the 4 league games vs. Ayr United this term, he gets the consolation 'Hogan' joining Aidan Fitzpatrick who did likewise vs. Arbroath this season.
Kris Doolan's Thistle remain unbeaten in 14 games played in the months of April and May.

ongoing sequences:
● 7 competitive games without defeat, 16th Mar 2024 to date. (Longest run since: 11 games, 1st Apr 2023 to 1st Jun 2023. Joint club-record: 16 games, 15th Nov 1975 to 21st Feb 1976 & 30th Sep 2000 to 13th Jan 2001.)
● 29 games in 3rd place (30th Sep 2023 to date), an extension of the club-record for a position outwith outright top or bottom. Overall, it's the longest run since the club-record of 33 games in bottom pace (12th), set between 20th Sep 2003 and 15th May 2004.
● 34 consecutive competitive appearances for Lewis Neilson, 15th Sep 2023 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Steven Lawless - 60 games, 18th Feb 2023 to 6th Apr 2024. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

That 313 games for Johnny Jackson is insane.  Reminds me a bit of Cal Ripken over here (baseball), who played in 2.131 consecutive games (162 a season in baseball) without a rest day or injury spell.  Does anyone know what the overall record in Scottish football is?  I know not every club is lucky to have such a great archive as we do, but just curious….

21 hours ago, third lanark said:

I just saw it mentioned elsewhere- the grandson of Partick Thistle legend Johnny MacKenzie the Firhill flyer.  Hope Andy had a great day

I'm sure young Andy will be fully aware that after the magnificent hungarians defeated Scotland 4-2 at Hampden in 1954, the great puskas had this to say about his grandad: "It was the most magnificent display of wing play I have ever seen..." Andy and his pals contributed to a wonderful atmosphere in hospitality on Saturday...

6 hours ago, Braesoyetts said:

That 313 games for Johnny Jackson is insane.  Reminds me a bit of Cal Ripken over here (baseball), who played in 2.131 consecutive games (162 a season in baseball) without a rest day or injury spell.  Does anyone know what the overall record in Scottish football is?  I know not every club is lucky to have such a great archive as we do, but just curious….

I wanted to know that myself a few years back, so went out of my way to properly research it. Johnny's the top man in league terms:

Most Consecutive Scottish League Appearances
258 - Johnny Jackson (Partick Thistle, GK) 28th August 1926 to 25th March 1933
251 - Doug Smith (Dundee Utd, CH) 19th February 1964 to 18th September 1971

On the 'first class' competitive front (query includes all SFL, SPL, SPFL, Scottish Cup, League Cup, Summer Cup, European, Drybrough Cup and Anglo-Scottish Cup matches) Johnny is still the top man in Scottish football history:

Most Consecutive Competitive Scottish Club Football Appearances
288 - Johnny Jackson (Partick Thistle, GK) 28th August 1926 to 25th March 1933
282 - Ally Shewan (Aberdeen, CH) 19th October 1963 to 23rd April 1969

14 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Best result of the weekend was Cove getting beaten. I had nightmares of being stuck in a league with Perth, Airdrie, Cove, Falkirk and Livingston as away days.

ye of little faith

On 29/04/2024 at 09:04, robphil said:

I'm sure young Andy will be fully aware that after the magnificent hungarians defeated Scotland 4-2 at Hampden in 1954, the great puskas had this to say about his grandad: "It was the most magnificent display of wing play I have ever seen..." Andy and his pals contributed to a wonderful atmosphere in hospitality on Saturday...

Aye, he might have mentioned it once or twice...

thanks Rob