The Partick Thistle thread

I'm guessing Oxley had some kind of guaranteed game time arrangement in his loan deal.

Also Tomas was struck down with mumps in February.

He left CSKA due to unpaid wages. Possibly similar occured at his Greek team?

post-1545-14332256908567_thumb.jpg

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/sport/partick-thistle/sound-of-silence-golden-for-jags-taylor-208833n.127409897

Seems like Lyle would relish a permanent deal at Firhill. Sounds like it's up to the clubs to agree a deal over the final year of his Scunny contract?

Third time lucky and all that...

Cerny would be a very encouraging signing.

That's one thing that Archie's really impressed me with since he took over - his ability to replace key players with quality.

Abdul Osman > Issac Osbourne > Paul Paton being the best example.

Cerny would undoubtedly be a big improvement on the bang average Scott Fox.

Cerny would be a very encouraging signing.

That's one thing that Archie's really impressed me with since he took over - his ability to replace key players with quality.

Abdul Osman > Issac Osbourne > Paul Paton being the best example.

Cerny would undoubtedly be a big improvement on the bang average Scott Fox.

True but then again it wasn't to difficult to find better players than Paton. I always thought of him more as a mobile bollard than a football player. If he can find better than SOD and Higgy on our budget I'll be mightily impressed.

Cerny confirmed on OS now, Wilson and Hendry have signed for another year as well, with Lindsay and Hendry both being too old for the u20s this year that gives us 4 senior centre halves but I'd imagine one of them will go out on loan for the first half of the season.

True but then again it wasn't to difficult to find better players than Paton. I always thought of him more as a mobile bollard than a football player. If he can find better than SOD and Higgy on our budget I'll be mightily impressed.

There's no chance of finding a better full-back than O'Donnell at our level - not in an attacking sense anyway. The best we can hope for is a more reliable, steady sort of player, a bit like how Booth has replaced Taylor Sinclair. McMillan would have been ideal for the role as well.

I wonder if we'll be sending any of these guys out on loan. I'd like to keep Lindsay around to see if he can force his way into the side. Hendry going out on loan for a while would be good for his development, Wilson could probably do with that too. Do we run with Scully on the bench or try get him to a Championship team this season (and sign him on a longer deal, obviously)? Dunfermline would've been ideal if they could have gotten themselves out of that division, but they failed, again, so there should be no chance of that.

As said before i think cerny was coming in no matter what and fox was pushed out good piece of business yeeesss

Reckon this is along the right lines. Fox offered one year deal and no guarantee of the starting jersey so the toys went everywhere and he went dribbling to the press scrambling for any move. I predict he will be the new Colin Stewart.