The Partick Thistle thread

Legal action would be utterly futile even if we proved every contention in the Counsel's opinion.

The bottom line is that the critical supermajority of Clubs now wants this proposal to pass. Whether or not other ways could be found to pay out the prize money without calling the season, why would they now opt to do that even if this resolution were to be annulled? They're now getting their money.

The Budge task-force is an SPFL dead cat: it makes any legal action against them look unreasonable or premature while providing absolutely no greater likelihood of reconstruction than if it didn't exist at all.

31 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I’d love to revel in this but I just can’t bring myself to. If Utd had been denied promotion I’d be a seething mess for weeks. Hope you stroll the league next year and we’ll probably meet again in two years time in the championship.

Away you go, a wee bit of schadenfreude goes a long way.

Particularly where McCall is concerned.

1 hour ago, colliedug said:
1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:
Thistle only hope is league reconstruction .
Going down the legal route will be very expensive with no guarantee that they will win .
It is harsh to send Thistle down but they have been bottom for a while now I am just glad that Queens managed to get a draw in that midweek game never realised then how crucial it was not to lose that game 

I agree with you to certain extent but looking forward, any time the SPFL decide on something which isn't morally correct do we all turn a blind eye and let it go through because they "bribe" you into believing it's right or do we stand up and be counted ???

Yeah, your concern is clearly to do with what's "morally correct".

Nothing to do with blatant self interest at all - no Sir, no way.

On 08/04/2020 at 16:10, Rudolph Hucker said:

Rubbish. They're suggesting a practical solution to an unprecedented situation. "Sold down the river" is nonsense.

Hate to say it, so I won't.  And for clarity, I take no pleasure from it at all.

Utter disgrace this spfl board.

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, your concern is clearly to do with what's "morally correct".

Nothing to do with blatant self interest at all - no Sir, no way.

You smell of "I'm alright jack"?

Enjoy the sweet smell of success why don't you

You think Thistle would have voted "No" if they were sitting 7th? As I've said elsewhere, clubs have voted in their own best interest. Get this "moral" pish to f**k.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 minutes ago, banditjag said:

You think Thistle would have voted "No" if they were sitting 7th? As I've said elsewhere, clubs have voted in their own best interest. Get this "moral" pish to f**k.

No. Was just making the point you were wrong to dismiss the original post, and it turns out I was right to be so cynical. Never made any mention of being "moral" or that Thistle would have voted no. That's a hypothetical question to which we'll never know the answer. I'd hope that like ICT we would have done the right thing but who knows. Apology accepted 

No. Was just making the point you were wrong to dismiss the original post, and it turns out I was right to be so cynical. Never made any mention of being "moral" or that Thistle would have voted no. That's a hypothetical question to which we'll never know the answer. I'd hope that like ICT we would have done the right thing but who knows. Apology accepted 

If Thistle were sitting top they'd have voted Yes, the same way Caley would. Kid yourself all you like. Teams voted for themselves.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If Thistle were sitting top they'd have voted Yes, the same way Caley would. Kid yourself all you like. Teams voted for themselves.

I don't disagree. Just making the point that it's a hypothetical point you are making. We will never know for sure.

52 minutes ago, banditjag said:

To be honest, I'm not really.  

Thistle are entitled to feel sore about this.  They've been unfortunate, and we've been bloody lucky.  You'd struggle to find a Queens fan who wasn't convinced we were destined for bottom of the league before all this happened.

However, Thistle's objections here are all to do with their current predicament, and I think it's downright silly to pretend otherwise.

Besides, if you don't understand why it's funny to see a relatively big club getting relegated to somewhere beneath their 'station', then you're missing out on something key about football.

Let the diddies have their fun. If the likes of Ayr Utd or Morton had been the club to go down, no one would have batted an eyelid. That’s their level.

Looking at the bigger picture, Doncaster looks as though he will probably survive this, again. Scottish football has the leader it deserves.

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Let the diddies have their fun. If the likes of Ayr Utd or Morton had been the club to go down, no one would have batted an eyelid. That’s their level.

Looking at the bigger picture, Doncaster looks as though he will probably survive this, again. Scottish football has the leader it deserves.

Our level is Championship m8. Your level is League One. Get doon.