The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

If we re-start, as expected, in March, are we going to play all the remaining games? Seems unlikely. Will there be play-offs?

I think they are looking at the possibility of extending the league into June if needed so definitely fulfilling the 27 game season. If they can do that, then I don’t see why there wouldn’t be play-offs. Looks like we could be playing mostly Tuesday-Saturday’s right up to the end of the season though. 

I think it will come down to who is the less crap. We were dropping like a stone before it stopped. There's nothing to suggest we will be any better if and when we resume. I'd even go as far as to say it probably saved m&m from being unemployed. It's anyone's league. 

If we do resume first week in March then the over / under on how many players will be injured in training in the last week in February must be 2.5 

Don't know if no news is good news on Docherty and his knee injury or whether he's toast until 2022. 

13 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I don't think it was that bad. We got more points in our second five games than our first five.

We are 5th in a predominantly part time league.

6th if East Fife win their game in hand.

We've scored 9 goals all league campaign.

If you dont think thats bad, woeful even, how low are your expectations?

You didn't bother to read my post properly, did you?

38 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

The big concern is 1 goal in the last 4 games.

There are huge concerns, I doubt anyone at the club is happy with how things are going. We'd need to turn things around pretty spectacularly for automatic promotion and with the prospect of cancelled playoffs I'm not sure how McCall is still in a job past the end of the season.

21 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
49 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

There are huge concerns, I doubt anyone at the club is happy with how things are going. We'd need to turn things around pretty spectacularly for automatic promotion and with the prospect of cancelled playoffs I'm not sure how McCall is still in a job past the end of the season.

The only things keeping McCall in a job is the pandemic, lack of fans,( no physical pressure over our performances) and finance.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Of course I did. Lets break it down.

"I don't think it was that bad."
See previous post.

"We got more points in our second five games than our first five".
First 5 games were against Clyde (A), Airdrie (H), Cove (A), Falkirk (H), East Fife (H) = 7pts

Last 5 games were against Montrose (A), Dumbarton (H), Forfar (A), Peterhead (H), Falkirk (A) = 8pts

Did we get more points in the last 5 games then the previous 5? Yes, you are factually correct. But of those last 5 games, 3 of them were against teams in the bottom 4 in the division. We scored 3 goals in those 5 games, not scoring in 3 of the games, including both home games. In those 2 home games in that 5 game period, we draw 0-0 with Dumbarton and lost 0-1 to Peterhead. Both of them are embarrassing results.

If you are going to try and say taking 8 points and scoring 3 goals in the last 5 games isnt that bad, then your expectations are incredibly low for this team. 

If you are going to try and say taking 8 points and scoring 3 goals in the last 5 games isnt that bad, then your expectations are incredibly low for this team. 

Again, have another read. I never said the results weren't bad, I said we weren't dropping like a stone. We've been consistent in our mediocrity this season.

100 years ago today... Thistle v Hibs

And so, on a cold and wet Tuesday afternoon, we've got Hibs back at Firhill. As fate would have it, these sides had actually been scheduled to meet at Easter Road tomorrow afternoon, but that League fixture was postponed, the Scottish Cup taking priority. This was the first of only two games that Thistle would play at Firhill in this eleven-game campaign, both of which were replays. Lately, a paucity of goals at either end meant that contrasting club-records were building. A fifth consecutive clean-sheet would be unprecedented in the club's history, as would a sixth consecutive game without a goal. Beyond that, a fifth consecutive repeat scoreline (0-0) would be another freakish first; they couldn't possibly, could they?

Read the story of the game, and meet Jimmy McMenemy and Andrew Kerr...

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 5 →

p.s. Watch out for part 6, out tomorrow evening.

21-firhill.jpg

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Again, have another read. I never said the results weren't bad, I said we weren't dropping like a stone. We've been consistent in our mediocrity this season.

None of you are reading properly.

It was a Falkirk fan who said his team were dropping like a stone. 

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

No way is this season getting finished if there’s no training till at least the start of March. 

Not in its current setup. Reducing the number of fixtures to 18 games would still work. I’m sure clubs would rather do that if possible than null & void.