The Partick Thistle thread

19 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Really feels like we need a Ross Docherty type player in the midfield again, the midfield on Saturday felt non-existent for a lot of the game. Don't seem to be able to control the game at any point. 

Really surprised that Stanway hasn't started more this season. Like him as a player

2 hours ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Spoke to one of your sponsors today and he reckons Graham has no chance whatsoever. Murray is the name he'd heard.

Heard how? Doolan’s still in a job. In the unlikely chance we’re putting the feelers out for new managers when there isn’t a vacancy, I can’t imagine we’d be keeping sponsors in the loop. 

Edited by JagsCG

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Heard how? Doolan’s still in a job. In the unlikely chance we’re putting the feelers out for new managers when there isn’t a vacancy, I can’t imagine we’d be keeping sponsors in the loop. 

Sponsors will probably the ones who will pay for it!

1 hour ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Agreed. What’s the old saying about ‘ not washing your linen in public’ ? 
A not very subtle attempt to put his name in the frame for Doolan’s job methinks.

Whilst Doolan is his boss they are also team mates/colleagues as Graham will report to the same people around the womens team. Probably a unique situation in the game and for political reasons Graham should be more careful than most on what he says. A difficult one to resolve after those comments  

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Whilst Doolan is his boss they are also team mates/colleagues as Graham will report to the same people around the womens team. Probably a unique situation in the game and for political reasons Graham should be more careful than most on what he says. A difficult one to resolve after those comments  

Yup, not good.  If he does have aspirations to take over, blaming everyone else publicly surely puts him at risk of losing the dressing room before he gets the chance.

4 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Yup, not good.  If he does have aspirations to take over, blaming everyone else publicly surely puts him at risk of losing the dressing room before he gets the chance.

Football clubs are well known for shenanigans and back stabbing. For all we know Graham is engineering with the players to undermine Doolan to force the boards hand. All conjecture of course, but in football nothing can surprise you.

Edited by Highlandmagar

3 hours ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Spoke to one of your sponsors today and he reckons Graham has no chance whatsoever. Murray is the name he'd heard.

Murray would be a superb replacement for Graham, not sure about him as a manager though, plus he's pretty settled at Dundee.

38 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Football clubs are well known for shenanigans and back stabbing. For all we know Graham is engineering with the players to undermine Doolan to force the boards hand. All conjecture of course, but in football nothing can surprise you.

I think this is very clearly happening before us.

I have heard in the not too distant past that Paul McDonald isn’t that popular so this also could be a factor. 

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

I really don't think we'll be telling the sponsors anything, but I would hope that the board are keeping a list of potential candidates for manager under review at all times. Managers go at a moment's notice all the time, so we should always be proactively planning for it. 

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Really feels like we need a Ross Docherty type player in the midfield again, the midfield on Saturday felt non-existent for a lot of the game. Don't seem to be able to control the game at any point. 

Agree with this. Brad Spencer was excellent on saturday, he controlled the midfield.

5 hours ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

To be fair a sponsor is not going to have much influence on who the new manager is and as things stand the current board don’t seem in a rush to sack Doolan anyway 

2 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

I think this is very clearly happening before us.

I have heard in the not too distant past that Paul McDonald isn’t that popular so this also could be a factor. 

McDonald? What’s he supposed to have done or is he considered too quiet?

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I really don't think we'll be telling the sponsors anything, but I would hope that the board are keeping a list of potential candidates for manager under review at all times. Managers go at a moment's notice all the time, so we should always be proactively planning for it. 

Of course but that’s a very different thing to what seemed to be suggested.