Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Nice one. Glad skippy has signed up for another season. Still think we should be going for a loan deal for Ryan Christie or Scot Allan

See as much as both of those players would improve our squad rather than develop Celtic's players we should be developing our own to try and sell on for profit. No ta.

Delighted that skippy is staying. I reckon our forward area is stronger than last year, our defence seems to be stronger and our goalkeeping situation is same same. Hopefully McGhee gets a couple gems for central midfield and we'll be sorted.

Nice one. Glad skippy has signed up for another season. Still think we should be going for a loan deal for Ryan Christie or Scot Allan

Would we still need to drop them if we play celtic?

That's true. Probably. That would be part of any loan deal with clubs in the same league.

Understand your point about helping Celtic out rather than our guys but I think having one of them would help us greatly & also help the young guys in our squad trying to up their game to match theirs.

Delighted that McDonald's taken up his option. Of all those who could have moved he's the one player that I'd have been gutted about leaving.

Will be interesting to see what midfielders we're looking at, would much prefer actual signings over loans.

McDonald is a class act, easily one of the very best players to wear a 'Well shirt in my time as a supporter and next season is the 30th anniversary of my first season ticket.

Loved his interview as well, if we had eleven players with that sort of attitude, never mind talent, we'd be winning the league.

With Cadden, Johnson, Moult and McDonald we are looking good going forward next season, let's hope the new boys at the back can come in and do well.

Must say I'm fucking delighted you lot lost Pearson. He loved a game against us last season.

From the sound of McDonald's interview there's a fair chance we could see Pearson back. The ISL only runs September - December so him coming back in January is probably a decent shout.

I was there, It was decent. Looked like the first preseason game it was TBH. Rovers seemed up for it and nippy, we just seem to plunder along.Heneghan looked a bit slow, but Seemed ok otherwise. McManus had a nightmare in the half he was on. Blyth seemed to do a fair bit of runnin.

Cadden & Ainsworth looked good on the right (Cads went to RB) when they came on. Dylan Mackin put himself about, big strong lad. Keef scored a belter of a volley.

We strolled it in the end couldve been 5 or 6 if im honest, McManus really fucked up big time at their goal but after that we got a grip and got goals from Moult and Johnson before half time and more or less controlled the second half without ever being troubled.  Some of the younger players who came on looked decent so that was a positive for me.

I was there, It was decent. Looked like the first preseason game it was TBH. Rovers seemed up for it and nippy, we just seem to plunder along.Heneghan looked a bit slow, but Seemed ok otherwise. McManus had a nightmare in the half he was on. Blyth seemed to do a fair bit of runnin.

Cadden & Ainsworth looked good on the right (Cads went to RB) when they came on. Dylan Mackin put himself about, big strong lad. Keef scored a belter of a volley.

Enjoyed your periscope work sir.

Only going by the highlights package the club put up on YouTube (and I know we're light in midfield so needs must) but Dom Thomas seems to be adapting his game and playing a lot more centrally as an attacking midfielder rather than a winger which seemed to be his default.

Again, only going by the clips, and acknowledging he's still only 16 so unlikely to be a realistic starter but I thought that Turnbull looks like he's got potential in that playmaker role that the first team has been lacking for years. He seemed to be clipping balls all over the park.

Only going by the highlights package the club put up on YouTube (and I know we're light in midfield so needs must) but Dom Thomas seems to be adapting his game and playing a lot more centrally as an attacking midfielder rather than a winger which seemed to be his default.

Again, only going by the clips, and acknowledging he's still only 16 so unlikely to be a realistic starter but I thought that Turnbull looks like he's got potential in that playmaker role that the first team has been lacking for years. He seemed to be clipping balls all over the park.

Aye Turnbull looks a cracking prospect, whenever I've seen him he has quality on the ball as well as the composure and vision that none of our other midfielders have. Starts today as well, who was the last 16 year old we brought into the first team?

Brill

McMillan

Kennedy

Ferguson

Chalmers

Ainsworth

Cadden

Turnbull

Maclean

Mackin

Moore

Very much a second string against Arbroath today mind, haven't even heard of most of the subs. No sign of McDonald, Laing or Law in either game.

Edited by Casagolda